01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Photos Friends for Facebook!

Explore, like and comment photos of friends with this app! Can also save any photo to library on phone!
    Photos Friends | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    10-21-2013 02:34 AM
    I updated to gdr3 preview a few nights ago, and then did a hard reset. Reinstalled Facebook and..........im now getting notifications on the live tile and toasts!! I got it once and thought it was a one off then got a few friends to "poke me" and send test messages and ot worked every time :)
    10-21-2013 03:29 PM
    I've been trying to use the Facebook application since I got my Lumia 920 (about a month or two), and am never able to login.
    I get an "Opps, something went wrong. Please check your acount ..."
    I can add my FB account fine to the phone directly, and all other applications that can access FB work fine (via the web login).

It's just the "official" app that doesn't work ...
    10-23-2013 09:05 PM
    When I press "see more" for big posts. Post opens in browser which is very annoying.
    Fix it.
    10-25-2013 02:51 PM
    i find myself 'needing' to often, and quickly change my fb chat status in the messaging hub on wp8 because of different people i want to appear available / invisible with - i presume there is no quick access app tile or similar to jump me to this setting rather than navigating through manually? :)

bit like the rotation toggle app that takes you straight to that setting for example
    10-27-2013 06:15 AM
    Hi!

I have a strange issue with a Facebook app on my Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber). I only get toast notifications (which are delayed) when the phone charges. Moreover, I receive no toasts for new messages and, as you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to turn on toast notifications for new messages, because there is no such an option. I have restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, etc., but nothing's changed. Did anyone have a similar problem?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20131027_0001.png  
    Last edited by callerx; 10-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    10-27-2013 03:57 PM
    Hi!

I have a strange issue with a Facebook app on my Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber). I only get toast notifications (which are delayed) when the phone charges. Moreover, I receive no toasts for new messages and, as you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to turn on toast notifications for new messages, because there is no such an option. I have restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, etc., but nothing's changed. Did anyone have a similar problem?
    Facebook app and its messenger functions are very lousy for Windows Phone. Most of us are not getting prompted notifications too. And to make thing worse, the chat list does not update itself even when you are in the chat room. It requires manual refreshing, unlike the iOS / Android versions. This is really frustrating and miles apart comparing to other platform versions.
    callerx likes this.
    10-27-2013 08:44 PM
    Hi guys,

I just noticed that my photos hub is not syncing with my FB albums. I uploaded an album of photos on FB, and in photo hub, the album is there, but if I open the album, it says "it looks like this album is empty".

I have deleted the FB sync account from email+accounts under the settings tab, and have re-added the FB sync account. It's frustrating because all my other albums sync normally, except these two recent albums

Any of you experiencing this issue? or have a solution to this?

Another thing i have just noticed is, when I enter my FB feeds via People Hub, I swipe to "what's new" and in that tab, on the top of the list, it indicates that I have uploaded recent photos onto an FB album, and when i click on the pictures, they load. However, when i exit and try to view them again, it says on the very top left hand corner of the phone that, "Can't get picture. You can try again later."

Any thoughts on this? there must be a connection between these two issues

Cheers
    10-30-2013 11:15 PM
    Face messenger already has updates for iOS and Android, while we are still suffering here with basic stuffs like real time notifications....

Facebook redesigns Messenger again: less Facebook, more messaging | The Verge

Sometimes, I just wonder if I really had chosen the right platform to dive in....
    10-31-2013 12:57 AM
    WP8 any time any day for me
    10-31-2013 01:06 AM
    What happened with the fb beta updates?? its been 21 days with no updates...
    11-01-2013 07:35 AM
    Not 21, 14. But I am wondering too what happened, 2 weeks no FB updates.
    11-01-2013 03:22 PM
    Not 21, 14. But I am wondering too what happened, 2 weeks no FB updates.
    it is 21 days for the beta, 14 for the published version...
    11-01-2013 08:32 PM
    it is 21 days for the beta, 14 for the published version...
    Yes, youre right, I thought you meant Facebook in general.

OT: I see you own Lumia 925, I am currently using 800 and I am planning 925 as my next phone, are you satisfied with it? I really fell in love with the grey/silver one.
    11-02-2013 08:30 AM
    Yes, youre right, I thought you meant Facebook in general.

OT: I see you own Lumia 925, I am currently using 800 and I am planning 925 as my next phone, are you satisfied with it? I really fell in love with the grey/silver one.
    yeah its great phone, stylish, solid build, thin, aluminum.. Very good camera, it will never disappoint you.. Very good and sharp AMOLED screen.. the OS needs to be improved, hope with the 8.1 everything will be fixed..
    Two points you should consider when buying this phone:
    1) if you need storage try to get the 32 GB model, for me 16 GB is problem and that's why i got the 32GB model.
    2) the future is quad core processors and 2 giga Ram, the 925 have only dual core processor with 1 giga ram, it runs smoothly but third party apps needs a little bit to load, also i think with wp 8.1 the OS will be heavier with real multitasking which needs more ram.. If you have enough budget and you like big phones just order the lumia 1520, it is the best...
    I prefer the black, it looks the best, please don't buy the gray ;) black or white if you go with it.
    All the above are my opinions which may many disagree with, finally everything depends on your needs... Hope this is helpful..
    11-02-2013 01:50 PM
    So Seriously... when are the Microsoft guys going to fix the damn notifications???? :/
    11-04-2013 09:46 AM
    Well, this is getting ridiculous. My FB tile shows 99 notifications for one or two messages to which I already responded. At least they could give us the option to disable notifications for messages. I remember that beta had this at some point.
    11-05-2013 05:02 AM
    Not able to change profile picture nor cover photo in my new lumia 625 phone?

Is this the same problem wit every one using WP?
    11-06-2013 01:21 AM
    So, with MS unifying the Windows Store and the Windows Phone store, will we be getting an official Facebook app soon on the phone?? I'm really sick of this one made by MS.
    11-06-2013 08:55 PM
    The fb app for wp8 won't show any of my friends updates on my news feed. All the news feed shows are updates from pages I have liked, are anyone of u facing this issue? Any fix?
    maevinj likes this.
    11-06-2013 10:36 PM
    The fb app for wp8 won't show any of my friends updates on my news feed. All the news feed shows are updates from pages I have liked, are anyone of u facing this issue? Any fix?
    Same problem am facing too on my lumia 625 device... When i check the FB in laptop it shows updates from my friends but not on WP8??

Is this a bug?? Everyone facing it the same issue?
    11-08-2013 12:37 AM
    This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the convo and go back into it.

Now, this is all on the cell network. I've not tried it while on WiFi, yet.
    Last edited by 11B1P; 11-13-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    11-12-2013 08:31 AM
    This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the Congo and go back into it.

was just going to start a new thread regarding this exact issue, since Beta update 11.11.13 scrolling is very jerky, looks like we've took a step back in that dept. Hopefully there will be a fix next week.
    11-12-2013 02:57 PM
    Yes, I have the same issue. It's annoying. I started un-liking pages, but that's not really a good solution. I hope they fix this soon.
    11-12-2013 03:54 PM
    This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the Congo and go back into it.

I am having the same issue as well. It does it on both cellular and WiFi. Very annoying and hope they are aware of it and put out a fix soon. Its very smooth if I use the web version, so that narrows it down to the app. I have not tried the non-beta FB app though....
    11-13-2013 02:40 PM
1,280 ... 1617181920 ...