Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is getting ridiculous. My FB tile shows 99 notifications for one or two messages to which I already responded. At least they could give us the option to disable notifications for messages. I remember that beta had this at some point.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So, with MS unifying the Windows Store and the Windows Phone store, will we be getting an official Facebook app soon on the phone?? I'm really sick of this one made by MS.

srprashant91

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The fb app for wp8 won't show any of my friends updates on my news feed. All the news feed shows are updates from pages I have liked, are anyone of u facing this issue? Any fix?

Rakeshlumia

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The fb app for wp8 won't show any of my friends updates on my news feed. All the news feed shows are updates from pages I have liked, are anyone of u facing this issue? Any fix?

Same problem am facing too on my lumia 625 device... When i check the FB in laptop it shows updates from my friends but not on WP8??

Is this a bug?? Everyone facing it the same issue?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the convo and go back into it.

Now, this is all on the cell network. I've not tried it while on WiFi, yet.

Last edited:

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the Congo and go back into it.

was just going to start a new thread regarding this exact issue, since Beta update 11.11.13 scrolling is very jerky, looks like we've took a step back in that dept. Hopefully there will be a fix next week.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I have the same issue. It's annoying. I started un-liking pages, but that's not really a good solution. I hope they fix this soon.

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
This last update has my app practically unusable. Scrolling is jerky, constantly getting the "We're having trouble getting data" message, comments are not posting and pm's don't show up unless you back out of the Congo and go back into it.

I am having the same issue as well. It does it on both cellular and WiFi. Very annoying and hope they are aware of it and put out a fix soon. Its very smooth if I use the web version, so that narrows it down to the app. I have not tried the non-beta FB app though....

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Ain't it funny? Apps developed by MS, yet it fails to achieve the good UX standards suppose to have for Windows Phone. Sigh....

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I can't upload statuses with images - I keep getting "Your update could not be posted at this time" but updates without images work?

Any idea why this is happening?

cnicklo

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Facebook image upload and Nokia 1020?
I've never been able to upload an image taken with my 1020 via the Facebook app. Any one else having this issue or know of a workaround? I've tried both images taken with the main camera as well as the front facing (thinking it might be a file size restriction with the main cam). Very frustrating that on a flagship phone, one can't upload to a flagship app.

I_am_JK

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook app for windows phone doesn't let me mention some of my friends in comments and when I go to all friends list im missing friends even tho they are friends with me

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Yup I second that. Also some friends just don't show up full stop on the app for anything. Anyone else notice this?

aakash Vishwakarma

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I use touch.Facebook.com to access my fb a/c and I get unfamiliar behavior like when i touch massage icon in the middle of top and read massage and reply and so on but when i want to go jst one page back and press back button it takes me to the first page means 4 or 5 pages back this is really annoying me...

Bighouse

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is getting ridiculous. My FB tile shows 99 notifications for one or two messages to which I already responded. At least they could give us the option to disable notifications for messages. I remember that beta had this at some point.

I have this too. It's at 99 right now, sometimes clears seemingly randomly, but usually seems to stay at a high level. For example, I will have 8 real notifications and it'll say 62 on the live tile.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That's because Facebook Beta was updated. Beta app is always a few steps ahead of Facebook app. However quick updates can improve performance but also can make an app unstable.

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I know, I was talking about Facebook BETA.

I never had a problem updating it, but like I said, since this and the previous update it just acts like there is no update out. I always updated it scanning the QR code which WPcentral provides in their article. But it just shows "share" like there is no update. Its really strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786