Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

EvilBagheadMan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Weird issue on Facebook for me. I get the notifications and when I go into the app and press the little globe to see my updates it keeps giving me the red bar 'We're having trouble getting data' notification. I am on a steady wifi connection and the app updates my wall, but will not display my notifcations. I have tried deleting and re-installing the app as well as rebooting my phone with no luck. Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got 'we're having trouble getting data' If I or someone send photo in conversation and I try to open this conversation the red bar with error appears and it scrolls me to the old messages. can't display any pictures sent to or by me. They fix few things with each update just to **** up another few. Its annoying.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
The lack of official FB is why I keep my HTC One for daily use and just use the Lumia during the weekends and when I go to party (just for the pictures), I use FB a lot and the MS FB app sucks...

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The lack of official FB is why I keep my HTC One for daily use and just use the Lumia during the weekends and when I go to party (just for the pictures), I use FB a lot and the MS FB app sucks...

Likewise. Windows Phone can hardly be my daily driver even till now.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So Facebook released a new app exclusively for iPhones. My guess is that in another two months Android will get it and another two years Windows Phone as well (assuming MS develops it)

johndanvic

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Weird issue on Facebook for me. I get the notifications and when I go into the app and press the little globe to see my updates it keeps giving me the red bar 'We're having trouble getting data' notification. I am on a steady wifi connection and the app updates my wall, but will not display my notifcations. I have tried deleting and re-installing the app as well as rebooting my phone with no luck. Anyone else having this issue and know how to fix it?

This issue also happens to me, I also have a decent internet connection. It really sucks. I have to rely on Facebook's mobile website, which is miles better than the app.

ininjam

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Just realize something baffling with the Facebook app on WP: it doesn't show message attachments. If someone knows how to see them, please tell me, because if this is just a lack of feature, then it's completely and utterly unacceptable.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep, often missing attachements. Or event shares dont show the event, only text if the person sharing has wrote something. Welcome to MS way of doing things, WP has two cripled ways to use FB. Also when using the IE sometimes things dont show correctly, so basically we actually have 3! cripled ways to use Facebook with our devices. Cant say how it is with Android or iOS, but I guess FB on iOS to be superior experience of them all.

MilanMilan

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with FB app recently, in News Feed I'm seeing only my posts in last month. I tried to select "top stories" and "most recent", but it is the same. I didn't change any privacy settings. I checked my privacy settings in FB apps for Microsoft and it is O.K. (friends are selected). Also, I often get an error "We're having trouble getting data.".

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with FB app recently, in News Feed I'm seeing only my posts in last month. I tried to select "top stories" and "most recent", but it is the same. I didn't change any privacy settings. I checked my privacy settings in FB apps for Microsoft and it is O.K. (friends are selected). Also, I often get an error "We're having trouble getting data.".
this!!!!!!!

crgsibaja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Facebook for wp8 sucks... I can't manage my profile without errors... So basically I need to use my IE... .

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

MilanMilan

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem with Facebook Beta. What can I do ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon