Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
uninstalled the facebook app.
just using fb messenger.
toast notifications work perfectly for me. but when I click th toast notifications I get a white screen. need to go back and select the chat again from recent.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I even get the notification prior to my Android tab most of the times

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Funny that you complain because normally one would think that since Facebook Inc created Facebook their Facebook apps would be the best compared to everything else. Microsoft has no stake in FB whatsoever do you expect them to reverse engineer the APIs???

MS has stakes in FB since old time ago. Reverse engineer? Why would they need to? Facebook Inc already has an official app for Windows 8.1, why not WP? Even Facebook don't give a damn about Windows Phone?

I'm not the only person who complains about the crappy Facebook app from MS anyways. If the app is bad, is bad. There is no need to find excuses.

nx_2000

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
uninstalled the facebook app.
just using fb messenger.
toast notifications work perfectly for me. but when I click th toast notifications I get a white screen. need to go back and select the chat again from recent.
My problem seems to have been solved by uninstalling both Facebook and Messenger, then reinstalling Messenger first.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Your suppose to be able to touch the circle to the left of where you type at to turn location on but I've tested it and its not showing my location

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else use Facebook for your lock screen? I like it to cycle through my pictures. Unfortunately it seems to work for a day or so and then it stays on one picture permanently. It has done this across multiple devices. I have to turn it off and back on for it to change.

Any ideas what the deal could be?

ypi

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Still receiving notifications for messages from FB app (not the FB messenger and I have already disabled it in the options). FB messenger is always out of sync and always fails to send images.

angy ortiz

Banned
Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I want to know why whenever I share something on facebook it updates itself and takes me back to the beginning. Sometime I have just scrolled down so much that I dont want to share anything because of that.

Niko Gulam

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Options for sound & vibrate please

Hi,
I would like an options for sound & vibrate in facebook notifications.
Its cool when i can have sound enabled and i can hear that annoying facebook alert so i know its facebook (this isn't about having an option to change sound, although that too would be nice to have.)
But what when i'm at class or meeting? Normally, I turn sound off, and every alert is just vibrating, including facebook, while my inbox are spamming 10 people in 5 group chats at which i dont want to respond at class or meeting. Which results by my phone vibrating all the time, which results me, pulling phone out of the tight jeans, every 10 second, to check it if its maybe SMS at which i want to respond ? Normally i give up on checking my phone counting "it facebook again.." resulting in not reading my SMS's
I like this app having push notifications and everything, just i dont like it possessing my phone like that. So if we could have 3 more options:

Vibrate - On,Off
Sound - On,Off
Sound - Change sound (not so important but if i could i would change it to like click sound)
Thanks.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I have is speed... and lack of stickers. But other then that, the app is great!

Sent from my purple velociraptor running Windows Phone 7.8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6