Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
For those having issues uploading photos, this might be your problem.
I did extensive testing on this long back and have reported to microsoft numerous times and on various forums.

When uploading a pic, either in the facebook app, facebook beta, or the windowsphone hub, if you put a line feed in the description text (hit enter) it wont upload.
This behaviour has been consistent for me for a year with every version, every update I retry it and still the error is there.

So it may be that sometimes you describe your photo with more text and decided a new paragraph is required, and on these occasions it wont upload.
Will give this a go, as I've struggled with this problem today :(

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the Windows Phone 8.1 app, then it would be normal because is now the app which updates your contacts picture and info.
Before in WP8 that was done by the system, now in WP8.1 that is done by the app

Does 40Mb per day through data seems normal to you?

Last edited:

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn off Birthday alerts? I have the Facebook 8.1 app, which adds a Facebook Birthdays to your calendar. This I like, but at the same time I'm now also getting reminders for upcoming Birthdays. Is there any way to turn this off without disabling the calendar integration?

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn off Birthday alerts? I have the Facebook 8.1 app, which adds a Facebook Birthdays to your calendar. This I like, but at the same time I'm now also getting reminders for upcoming Birthdays. Is there any way to turn this off without disabling the calendar integration?

You'll have to do this manually by opening up the outlook calendar website.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
When i try to share some link on fb it doesn't show preview just direct adress ... Any solution for that ?

For now what I've been doing is copying the URL of what I've been trying to share and posting it on the mobile touch version of the fb website it posts the link in a article preview form with a picture and text

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys news feed shows only posts from pages that I have liked and nothing from friends timelines.
Any solutions?

No solution. Thats the way it is, the app just shows direct posts of your friends, timeline posts and photos. No way to see "xxx liked yyy" or "xxx liked yyy's photo" or "xxx commented on yyy's photo/post" or anything similiar. We have to wait for Facebook app by Facebook Inc, this one is just useless.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but when someone posts an Instagram pic to their newsfeed, it doesn't show up in the feed (unless I'm on the desktop version of Facebook)
Happened in my Blackberry too so I assume it's intended.. or a widespread bug?

GokaiSanyu

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm having facebook heat up my phone when in the background... Is there anything that can be done to fix it? Windows Phone 8.1 dev preview on HTC Windows Phone 8x.

daredevildan

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but when someone posts an Instagram pic to their newsfeed, it doesn't show up in the feed (unless I'm on the desktop version of Facebook)
Happened in my Blackberry too so I assume it's intended.. or a widespread bug?

Just noticed this today after using my Note 3 for a little while. Was wondering why there were so many posts on the Android Facebook app and I didn't see them even when I went to a person's page and refreshed in WP. Ridiculous. I guess we're just supposed to use the browser for everything and forget apps.

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting notifications for general though I do get notifications for messages. It shows notification count on the tile but the tile does not flip to show more info. Btw I am using facebook beta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720