Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting notifications for general though I do get notifications for messages. It shows notification count on the tile but the tile does not flip to show more info. Btw I am using facebook beta.

The WP7 beta shows more info, try reinstalling

Sent from my green velociraptor running CyanogenMod 11

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I really hope that add the features to edit your post and to post photos within a comment.

They recently added those features to the android app before I got rid of my Samsung s4 get this Nokia icon.
I love this new phone but the Facebook app is the one thing lacking.

extqrt

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick rant about how none of the people I want show up on my news feed. For some reason, the posts of my friends I've organised into lists (like acquaintances) so I don't see them, all show up.

Whereas those in my Close Friends list, you know - the people I want to see/read/hear about, do not show up in my news feed at all. The only time I get to hear from the people I want to hear from, it is through a notification because I have close friends posts set to notify me.

Would be great to have identical feeds to show up on my Windows desktop, Android tablet and Lumia 1020.

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hold your breath guys, next month we'll get a big facebook update. Hopefully it won't be just "Bug fixes and improvments" as always. I hope they fix the news feed...

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just wonder why Microsoft is publishing/developing this app? Why not Facebook itself? Facebook has already published Messenger to WP but why not the actual app?

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hold your breath guys, next month we'll get a big facebook update. Hopefully it won't be just "Bug fixes and improvments" as always. I hope they fix the news feed...

I swear, they should fix the damn news feed.
I get updates only from Pages I have liked and nothing from my friends or their activity.

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
The last couple of days I can't post photos to the groups I'm in. I can post them on my timeline, but in a group it just says " your update cannot be posted at this time". This happens in both Facebook and Facebook Beta.
Getting really fed up now.

Last edited:

mickeypeach

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Haing real issues with this app. Everytime I install it, it seems to disable all 3g ? I have installed and uninstalled it a few times, and it always happens straight away. Once removed I have to reboot the phone and everything is back up .
Has anyone else had this issue ?
Lumia 1520 on Three UK

debishifty

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Having some issues with facebook app on the nokia lumia 625 as it doesn't play any sound when a notification is recieved, does anyone know why this is? I have no problem with my lumia 1020 but my parents phones both have this problem.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Have they fixed the news feed? Oh wait no.
They cannot. Its a third party app. Only when Facebook, Inc. make the FB app, we will have access to the filtered and correct news feed. They did make the messenger which is damn good. Now the only thing left is for Msoft+Nokia to convince them to make the FB app.

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Facebook inc. can't reserve the name Facebook in windows phone dev center because Microsoft already own the name. That's why no official Facebook app.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Facebook inc. can't reserve the name Facebook in windows phone dev center because Microsoft already own the name. That's why no official Facebook app.
No. Do you really think that a huge company would be skip it's app just because a name reserved?

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
They cannot. Its a third party app. Only when Facebook, Inc. make the FB app, we will have access to the filtered and correct news feed. They did make the messenger which is damn good. Now the only thing left is for Msoft+Nokia to convince them to make the FB app.
So never? Will have to shift to other platforms if this continues.

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
hopefully Facebook will work with Microsoft to Improve the FB app we currently have.
How I wish we will have popping messenger head feature soon!

I rarely use fb app. esp when I want to share photos to my friends.
I always use IE its fast and instant! http://fb.com

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Lolwut? Facebook owns the copyrights, They're the one allowing Microsoft to develop under the name "Facebook".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb