Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, till yesterday everything was fine with my Facebook app in my lumia925. From yesterday evening many posts from my friends and posts from the pages I like are missing from my wall. But when I use desktop version of Facebook using browser all the posts appear in my wall. Looks like a issue with windows phone Facebook app. Can any1 here help me? Thanks in advance.

Some reason the App defaults its feed to "Top Stories" and not "Most Recent". You have to manually change this.

Although, it appears iOS and Android to the same...

Graham Musk

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Facebook woes!

I was having issues with Facebook the other day so installed the beta. That worked much better. So I deleted the original version but then had an issue with the beta not syncing properly with my contacts so I deleted it. I have now spent the best part of a day trying to reinstall either version and it won't work. Firstly it kept telling me there's been trouble installing it with an error code which even the Microsoft website couldn't help me with and since doing the preview update yesterday it just keeps telling me that the phone software might not be up to date. After having a chat with a Microsoft representative he's now had to flag it up to the developers of the app.
Anyone else had this problem?
Anyone know of any fixes aside from a hard reset?

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Can you please explain me how to do this manually in windows facebook app? i somehow not able to find this option? Thanks you!

If you open the left side options, which show your own profile picture, directly under it there's an option (gear/cog icon) and you can adjust your news feed.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The last few days I've noticed that my facebook app (not beta) has been having update issues. It will skip a lot of newsfeed updates. I will scroll thru and the newest update will be like 4 min ago. Then I can scroll thru and I can get updates from 34 min ago and then it skips to 5 hours ago. I'm on 8.1 DP. Anyone else having this problem? Sorry if I didn't explain this clearly

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I apologize if this is a repost (I didnt go through the entire thread):

I have a fan/business page. Is there a way to post images as my business and not my personal?

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The last few days I've noticed that my facebook app (not beta) has been having update issues. It will skip a lot of newsfeed updates. I will scroll thru and the newest update will be like 4 min ago. Then I can scroll thru and I can get updates from 34 min ago and then it skips to 5 hours ago. I'm on 8.1 DP. Anyone else having this problem? Sorry if I didn't explain this clearly

Same exact issue here. I usually have about 10-15 minutes of current updates and then it goes to 5+ hours ago. It seems to me they changed the default to top stories or something because you can go to the News Feed settings and choose "most recent" and that takes care of it. I'm just not sure why they changed it...

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue but now I'm not even seeing any posts its just blank. Tried uninstall but no luck. Even the beta is the same. Sometimes I would see a few posts but it would not show any more.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Switching to Most Recent on my news feed settings isn't working anymore. It worked a couple times but now it's back to the same thing. Fail.

Edit: If I open the app and Most Recent is chosen and I switch to Top Stories then it loads my news feed properly and the same vice versa. It always loads them in the Most Recent order, but that's what I want anyway so hopefully it keeps working.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that if I switch from top stories to most recent or vice versa, it will fix the problem until the next time I open the app. What's weird is the top stories feed doesn't even show up correctly. It shows the most recent feeds. It's pretty annoying and I'm not even a big facebook user

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing reboots whenever I upload videos from my l820
Never had this problem before..

The videos are shot in high resolution.. While uploading it says FAILED to upload in my notifications and when I click on it my phone restarts

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
If you open the left side options, which show your own profile picture, directly under it there's an option (gear/cog icon) and you can adjust your news feed.

Thanks mate. You solutions seems to work pretty well...sad part is that everything when i open fb app, i need to make it "most recent". But no issues......Thanks mate.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing posts which I did not even Like or follow appearing on the feeds lately. I need to go to the respective pages to Like, Unlike in order to remove those. What the hell is going on with this piece of crap app by MS? I don't see such issues on my Nexus 7 Facebook app. Did Facebook update its APIs again so this unofficial app is screwed up totally? That's why I hate with all the 3rd party unofficial apps on Windows Phones....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium