01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    I just noticed that Facebook will unlink with the People hub if you clear your Internet Explorer's browsing history

is it only me?
    That's because the MS Facebook app does not have direct access to Facebook Server. That is why we don't have all the content displayed as on the official Facebook Site. I stopped using MS facebook app and just use the mobile site. To many missing posts on the MS app.

I got a Lumia 1520 to try out the new WP8.1 but right now is back on Craigslist... I use facebook a lot and the MS experience is just awful.
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    08-07-2014 11:35 AM
    If they combined the API for Windows and Windows Phone so one app would work on both. True universal app
    Arka1412 and Brandon Tobias like this.
    08-07-2014 11:43 AM
    I would like the facebook app to have a share button, via which you could share postes with friends and post them on theire wall (e.g. which you just read).
    08-07-2014 04:44 PM
    Facebook- Can't even change dp and cover photos from phones intuitively. No image/gif/media support in comments either for commenting or viewing. Notifications don't take you to specific location in comments feed. There is no live update feed for comments when you are actively commenting. You have to scroll down every time to the latest comment. Can't access all settings(deactivate) from within the app.
    Better integration into the OS through SEF with all features.
    08-07-2014 05:31 PM
    Facebook app stuck at loading older posts. I cannot view posts from more than 7 hours ago. However, People Hub is working fine. Running WP8.1 GDR1 on 1520.
    08-08-2014 03:58 AM
    It would also be very helpful if you could see who's birthday is today, like on facebook in web.
    08-08-2014 04:44 AM
    Facebook- Can't even change dp and cover photos from phones intuitively. No image/g
    if/media support in comments either for commenting or viewing. Notifications don't take you to specific location in comments feed. There is no live update feed for comments when you are actively commenting. You have to scroll down every time to the latest comment. Can't access all settings(deactivate) from within the app.
    Better integration into the OS through SEF with all features.

well said some more to add to your list ...
    • cant accept people who request to join groups.
    • cant approve wall posts if you have that security feature on.
    • no central place to manage pokes (delete, send poke back yada yada).
    • Slow to load i find it should be faster -_-
    • share needs to be more intuitive i should not have to download an image only to re-upload it to share. That's how sharing of image work.
      I should be able to tap share and see the option to share on my wall, a friends all, a group page, or as a private message (opens messenger app).
    08-13-2014 06:24 PM
    If they combined the API for Windows and Windows Phone so one app would work on both. True universal app
    i agree cuz the current Facebook app for windows 8 looks horrid at best too me .....
    08-13-2014 06:25 PM
    Is it just me or do certain notifications open up in IE when clicked in the app? Like group comments? Official 8.1 app.... Really?!
    08-14-2014 01:52 PM
    Is Facebook down? Not working right now...It says we're having trouble getting data. Update: working again
    08-14-2014 02:42 PM
    Mines saying cant get data now. Only affecting my wall feed, other parts work
    08-14-2014 03:04 PM
    I am on a lumia 1020 and just installed the cyan update (8.1).

After the update I checked something so notifications for fb disappeared in the peoples hub. Is there a way to get it back?
    To try to get it back, I removed my fb account and added it back. Now I can no loner use the peoples hub to post check ins, updates; it wants me to use fb app but I dont want to, I prefer the native MS app in peoples hub. Can I revert back to using MS app and not the fb app?
    08-17-2014 03:43 PM
    What 's been bugging me about the official facebook app is that even if you enable toast notifications, you get none. nothing! except the updating live tile that shows nothing more than a number
    08-17-2014 06:32 PM
    What 's been bugging me about the official facebook app is that even if you enable toast notifications, you get none. nothing! except the updating live tile that shows nothing more than a number
    I thought it was the same. For me, if it's a like that I receive, I will only get the live tile notification. If somebody comments, I will get a notification bar popup and also it will be in the action center.

Are you getting the live tile for all notification from Facebook?
    08-18-2014 07:00 AM
    I thought it was the same. For me, if it's a like that I receive, I will only get the live tile notification. If somebody comments, I will get a notification bar popup and also it will be in the action center.

Are you getting the live tile for all notification from Facebook?
    Yes comments, likes etc. only the live tile. but no action center or toast notifs.
    08-18-2014 02:44 PM
    Yes comments, likes etc. only the live tile. but no action center or toast notifs.
    Did you check your noticiation+action settings?
    08-19-2014 06:05 AM
    Did you check your noticiation+action settings?
    Yes i did. I have everything set so that toast and action center would work but..... Oh well that's not the result
    08-19-2014 05:11 PM
    Facebook and Microsoft should be extremely ashamed of themselves for the extremely poor work that they have been doing on developing Facebook on Windows Phone...

For having lived in Russia for a while, I have an account on the local Russian social network called VKontakte (VK).

How come they update their app as soon as new features become available in WP? How come I got there an update enabling transparent tile the day after it became available on WP?

How come do I get notifications, all notifications? How come can I upload photos, add friends, reject group requests, share other posts, etc? And all this without a single bug.

How come the interface of the app is as good as the one on iOS and works smoothly?

Don't tell me that the 2 American giants Microsoft and Facebook are not able to provide the same on the FB app?!!

(don't get me wrong, I'm not Russian at all... just comparing here...)
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    08-22-2014 03:16 AM
    Guys, knows anyone how you can set the Facebook live tile to be static and to not show the cover?
    I don't want to use transparency tiles.
    08-23-2014 01:33 PM
    Although I can be patient and wait for an improved app, the two main annoyances of mine are:

1) All I ever see is the liked pages on my feed - rarely any friends or family (where as on android, I get a current mix of pages and friends and family sorted by most recent.

2) Not being able to leave a photo comment - It was odd, because on my Nokia Icon, i went the the facebook website on my browser and STILL couldn't send a photo comment reply - there was no 'camera' icon.....
    08-23-2014 05:48 PM
    For your 1st point, it's because the Facebook app has been developped by Microsoft and is seen by Facebook as a 3rd party app. Only your friends who actively allow 3rd party apps to access their profiles will be visible on your news feed. It s*cks doesn't it...
    08-24-2014 01:57 AM
    For your 1st point, it's because the Facebook app has been developped by Microsoft and is seen by Facebook as a 3rd party app. Only your friends who actively allow 3rd party apps to access their profiles will be visible on your news feed. It s*cks doesn't it...
    Wow really, is this true? The app is created together by Facebook and Microsoft. It would be pretty crazy of this is true.
    08-24-2014 02:15 AM
    Go to the store and look who's publishing the app: Microsoft Corporation. That says enough, doesn't it?
    08-24-2014 07:52 AM
    "Microsoft is seeking beta testers for a refreshed version of the official Facebook app for Windows Phone, which was developed by Microsoft in conjunction with Facebook."

Microsoft seeks beta testers for new Facebook for Windows Phone refresh | ZDNet

I would be amazed if the app is handled inside Facebook like any other 3rd party app... however I have noticed that soem of my contacts dont show anymore from FB, but I think this is a bug.
    08-24-2014 08:29 AM
    Thanks. But unfortunately,that link is over a year old. I think the current beta has gone stale.... I hope I'm wrong.

"Microsoft is seeking beta testers for a refreshed version of the official Facebook app for Windows Phone, which was developed by Microsoft in conjunction with Facebook."

I would be amazed if the app is handled inside Facebook like any other 3rd party app... however I have noticed that soem of my contacts dont show anymore from FB, but I think this is a bug.
    08-24-2014 10:26 AM
1,280 ... 4041424344 ...