The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Does anyone have the issue when you reach a point in the news feed, it no longer loads more items? Even trying to continue to swipe up or hold to try and refresh, it will look like it's loading but doesn't.
    That does happen to me, fairly often.
    11-20-2014 08:52 AM
    Does anyone have the issue when you reach a point in the news feed, it no longer loads more items? Even trying to continue to swipe up or hold to try and refresh, it will look like it's loading but doesn't.

Happens pretty often not every time but at least a few times out the day
    11-20-2014 09:08 AM
    I hate this app with a passion come on mcs get your finger out and start making are apps better!!!!
    11-20-2014 09:17 AM
    That does happen to me, fairly often.
    Happens pretty often not every time but at least a few times out the day
    Alright at least I'm not the only one. I thought I was losing my mind not remembering how to get the feed to refresh. Hope this gets fixed in the next update since even closing the app and reopening it doesn't always fix it.
    11-23-2014 03:59 AM
    Looks like the latest FB beta update fixes the news feed loading when you open the app which is good. Haven't run into the issue where the news feed stops loading after a certain point and refreshing doesn't fix it, so this is good so far.
    11-26-2014 02:04 AM
    Looks like the latest FB beta update fixes the news feed loading when you open the app which is good. Haven't run into the issue where the news feed stops loading after a certain point and refreshing doesn't fix it, so this is good so far.

Mines still takes me back to the top of the news feed. But it does look like it doesn't tried but it takes u back to the to of the loaded news feed u were in and still loses your place where your were looking when u left at
    11-26-2014 04:57 AM
    The app has gotten better over the months, but one bug that annoys me is, it will crash after using for a period of time or when loading pictures/comments though.. am i the only one?
    11-26-2014 05:15 AM
    The app works like magic on Android, is windows phone way behind?
    11-26-2014 05:31 AM
    Mines still takes me back to the top of the news feed. But it does look like it doesn't tried but it takes u back to the to of the loaded news feed u were in and still loses your place where your were looking when u left at
    Ah yeah I also liked it that way so it gave you like a way to pick up where you left off. At least this version load a news feed when you open the app. It was annoying having a blank feed.
    11-26-2014 10:31 AM
    I often feel like the only one who loves the Facebook (beta) app. It's smooth, fast, and does the job
    Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 8.1
    11-27-2014 06:35 AM
    It's nice and smooth but at this point it's still lacking alot of features that should have been added by now
    11-27-2014 06:41 AM
    What's the deal with the facebook app? Its starting to get old. Updates are scarce these days. I'm messing around with my wife's iPad at the moment and I look at the app updates to see a facebook update. The description says "Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to threw store every 2 weeks." Now I know that Microsoft develops the app for windows phone but that's not really a good excuse in my opinion. If Microsoft wants windows phone to grow they better get their apps together. They can't control what other developers do but they should be able to control/update their own apps. I'm not even a big facebook user but its just the idea of us getting worse support/apps than other platforms. I friend of mine recently got engaged and his fianc put it on facebook and tagged him. I didn't see it on the facebook app. My other buddy pulls out his iPhone and shows me the status update on his app. I had to use IE to see the update. Now, I'm not mad about missing that particular update. I'm just pointing out that our app is lacking features that other platforms have. Its just getting old.
    12-01-2014 01:41 PM
    Anyone having problems with the Facebook beta app? I'm on 1020 with 8.1 and today it just keeps crashing when I try opening it.
    12-03-2014 10:51 AM
    My Facebook beta app wouldnt open even after several reinstalls
    12-03-2014 01:57 PM
    Anyone finding that it takes ridiculously long to upload photos? Sometimes even failing outright
    12-05-2014 03:46 AM
    Unable to reinstall Facebook beta
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20141204_0009.png  
    12-05-2014 07:49 AM
    I'm using the official app and it gets tombstoned instead of closing. Lumia Icon. Anybody noticing this?
    12-06-2014 02:37 PM
    I'm using the official app and it gets tombstoned instead of closing. Lumia Icon. Anybody noticing this?

That's how the 8.1 apps do. U have to close it from the multitask view instead of with the back button
    12-07-2014 05:01 AM
    That's how the 8.1 apps do. U have to close it from the multitask view instead of with the back button
    Umm, not that I have seen. Backing out of an app is supposed to close the app. Hitting the windows button tombstones it. FB and the Messenger apps are the only two doing this. This is a new issue. I've been running DP for quite some time, so this is not normal.
    12-07-2014 05:25 AM
    Umm, not that I have seen. Backing out of an app is supposed to close the app. Hitting the windows button tombstones it. FB and the Messenger apps are the only two doing this. This is a new issue. I've been running DP for quite some time, so this is not normal.

Actually no its perfectly normal. Its up to devs to program the apps as such. Microsoft's Files app does the same. So does Calendar and Chronos Calendar/+. This is how it's like even on normal 8.1
    12-07-2014 06:52 AM

Yea on 8.0 that's how it worked when they update the apps to 8.1 they have the option to tombstone with the windows and back button it's to help it fast resume not many apps have enabled it yet. So yes this is normal 8.1 updated app behavior
    12-07-2014 09:51 AM
    Yea they don't close anymore when you back out. Skype doesn't either, nor Duolingo. Annoying because the battery still drains faster having them tombstoned than closed - although I'm fairly sure they're not supposed to do that. Shame there isn't say long press on windows key to close. Thankful that I'm not seeing Messenger drink my battery dry like it occasionally did when I left it tombstoned, I assume that was a bug that they fixed.
    12-07-2014 11:07 AM
    There is legitimately no way to change the cover photo... Fail Microsoft fail. Unless I'm missing something??
    12-07-2014 08:06 PM
    Actually no its perfectly normal. Its up to devs to program the apps as such. So does calendar
    Holy crap. I don't use the stock calendar app and I just checked and you're right.

From what I've seen with FB or the Messenger app tombstoned, it sometimes takes the FB or Messenger app longer to open when opening from the start screen.
    12-08-2014 04:09 AM
    There is legitimately no way to change the cover photo... Fail Microsoft fail. Unless I'm missing something??
    Yeah can't seem to find a way either. Really hope this functionality is added in.

On another note, it looks like photo uploading in the app is a bit better now. Before it seemed to take forever.
    12-09-2014 03:56 AM
1,280 ... 4445464748 ...