01-14-2016 09:24 PM
1,280 ... 49505152
tools
    Sharing to other people's wall is still broken. It is such a pain to just do a simple sharing of a picture to someone else's wall.
    04-29-2015 12:03 PM
    Am I the only one who receives notifications for irrelevant posts? For example, it'll say "Person X has posted a status update", and then I open the app and the status has nothing to do with me. Its happening more and more, I feel like its Facebook trying to claw people back who might be leaving or not using the app much. Any recommendations for a better app that wont do this?
    I am having the same annoying issue! I've tried to turn it off through the app and via online but I still get them!
    05-11-2015 09:08 PM
    I am having the same annoying issue! I've tried to turn it off through the app and via online but I still get them!
    I get them as well. The issue is, they show up as toasts, but don't show up in the app under the notifications pane. On my android and ios phones, the I get the same notifications, but they also show up in the notifications pane, but have a different colored background. I have a feeling the toast notifications and the notifications pane in the app are fed by two different APIs, and MS hasn't updated the app notification pane to show all notifications.

On a related note, when I click birthday notifications, it looks like it's going to open a persons page, but then it just shows a blank generic profile page with an error to try again later.
    05-12-2015 12:19 PM
    Yeah, the FB app is kind of weird notifications wise. Being unable to share a post in a group or someone else wall is also very frustrating. And being unable to upload or open documents. (pdf at least, not sure about the others)

I was wondering, is there some way to make a browser tile (IE or UC), that is set on FB page, to act like an open window in desktop windows? To automatically refresh tile upon each new notification? That would be pretty cool and it would solve the need to use FB app

and the Messenger app. Which too has its share of problems. For instance, most of the times I have to exit a particular chat (to recent window) in order to see new messages of the same chat. Because, for some reason, it just randomly doesnt display some of the new messages if I keep the chat open. Only upon re-entering the chat do they all appear Notifications for those messages sometimes arrive, and sometimes they dont. For now it seems that this is completely random. Bizarre!
    05-12-2015 04:27 PM

…and the Messenger app. Which too has its share of problems. For instance, most of the times I have to exit a particular chat (to recent window) in order to see new messages of the same chat. Because, for some reason, it just randomly doesn’t display some of the new messages if I keep the chat open. Only upon re-entering the chat do they all appear… Notifications for those messages sometimes arrive, and sometimes they don’t. For now it seems that this is completely random. Bizarre!
    What I'm very pissed with the Messenger is that I need to wait for the new messages to be loaded whenever I launched the app. On Android, the messages are already downloaded and ready to be view. Hence, I don't see any "delays" when reading messages on Android.

I'm really looking forward into porting Facebook and Messenger over from Android. The current ones are really bad.
    Delta S4 and kamylasg like this.
    05-14-2015 09:59 PM
    Facebook app is miles away from other OS's app! The upload is a pain in the ***, there's no 'What are you doing?' option when posting a status (feeling..., listening to..., watching..., etc.), the News Feed is very limited, I only see few posts compared to the web version, no friend/page suggestions, very bare! I rarely use the app! If it wasn't for People Hub I would've uninstalled this worthless app.
    Messenger sucks too. You can't actually switch accounts unlike in IOS and Android! I once logged out of my Facebook app but the Messenger didn't log out, and it seems like there's no option for it at all! Chat heads are useful and I always felt envious of Android and IOS users about it, but it's probably not gonna happen since WP is different, plus the notification feature for Win10 can fill the chat head responsibilities like showing all the text and replying back without opening the app.
    That's all.
    Microsoft needs to port the Facebook app from the other two OS because from what I see they're already losing. Or let Facebook do the app and collaborate for the people hub feature? Do what it takes you're losing people!!!
    05-15-2015 03:28 AM
    Yeah. Its annoying little things like that that are driving people away from WP. And Im sure they could be easily remedied if only people in Microsoft would pull their heads out of their wherever they are keeping them.
    05-15-2015 03:52 AM
    I am not sure if it is me or facebook messenger (however I still blame facebook messenger) that there is no ability to type in landscape mode?! It is grossly annoying to type in portrait mode.
    06-01-2015 12:30 PM
    Facebook app: Absolutely painful to deal with ... Uploading is too bad 🙅 it is bad that I can't change my profile picture easily, all the rich status features we find in all platforms and on the web are absent 😞 ... and it's totally annoying that the news feed isn't that rich compared to web!!.
    The Holy 'Messenger' ... It is a TOTAL FAIL ,.., no landscape mode, absolutely SLOW ... (I knw on lower end is slow) ... But on my 930 still shows waaay slower performance than the android version I've tried on Samsung Note 4 .... Uploading pictures is totally inconvenient, only limited to probably 5 or 6 at most .... It uses the battery way more than any app!! About 3x more than the second most app uses it! ... The cache is & in most of times doesn't update periodically, I mean the profile pictures change doesn't show up till I reinstall it!!.
    UPDATES ARE MORE THAN NEEDED TO RESOLVE THESE CATASTROPHIC FAILS.
    Delta S4 likes this.
    06-01-2015 12:50 PM
    Is getting worse.... Now I see the message "We are having trouble getting data" when trying to read comments of a facebook group. More like WP users are in deep troubles using Windows Phones instead.... /s
    Delta S4 likes this.
    06-24-2015 08:27 AM
    Anyone know how to share something on a page you manage? I manage a facebook page for a website I own and need this functionality. For instance, I may see something on my personal Facebook feed and want to share it on the facebook business page. On Android I just select share > write post > choose the page I manage. Takes seconds. On the Facebook windows phone app I cannot seem to find a way to do that. I've even download the facebook beta from the app store. Any ideas on a solution?

Otherwise it will be back to Android for me.
    07-03-2015 08:43 PM
    They haven't updated the beta app in over 4 months and the stable app since 3 months so not sure when they will add some features you want, although you can send them feedback by going to settings in the app by either email or the uservoice page.
    08-07-2015 07:45 PM
    Do you think we'll ever gonna get mood, doing, feeling... options in writing posts?
    Or do we need to wait to Windows 10 and install Facebook from Android?
    09-11-2015 05:18 AM
    Has anyone else had the error "We can't refresh the News Feed right now. Try again in a few minutes." constantly. I've tried both the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps, same issue on both.
    09-23-2015 11:51 AM
    Has anyone else had the error "We can't refresh the News Feed right now. Try again in a few minutes." constantly. I've tried both the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps, same issue on both.
    Yeah. On few occasions today.
    09-23-2015 01:42 PM
    Facebook got an update
    now is exactly equal to beta version

V 10.1
    11-17-2015 11:38 AM
    I knew there would be a rant thread on FB somewhere :) and I finally found it all 51 pages of it :) So Facebook finally got a new facelift. At first I LOVED the new look and feel I was so excited and then I got the lovely banner that saus We were able to sync right now Please try again later. This happens literally almost everytime I open the app. Highly annoying.

I juggle between the app and just going out to it through Edge. I really wish we would stop being the ******* step children of apps :( Improve Facebook PLEASE
    George Manologlou likes this.
    12-08-2015 06:36 AM
    The last few days I use the latest (Beta suppose) Facebook 10.1

The new facelift is much better that the one I had on windows 8.1. The second surprise is that the videos now open in the facebook app and they don't need to use the edge browser.

The main problems that still exists are:
    1. Too buggy - lags (There are times that it just cannot synchronise and some other times that you wait for centuries to load a profile and it just throw you away and closes the app.)
    2. I have many friends (because of my work) and I see in my news feed the most unknown persons and not my friends that I usually communicate.
    3. I use the "mood reaction" the most of the times when I want to post something in my wall and until now there is no option for that in this facebook edition.

I read somewhere that Microsoft & Facebook preparing a new universal app for FB, FB messenger and Instagram. Is that true? and if it is do we know about how much time will take them to release the universal apps?

I know that the most of you will think that the app of Facebook is a minor problem and there are more serious matters to solve in the new windows 10 OS but for me is part of my job and the most important way to advertise myself.
    Thank you for your time.
    12-14-2015 04:45 AM
    Wondering the exact same thing, when are they going to release the universal app although I believe the new app on windows phone IS the new universal app and the its counterpart from the desktop is in beta with just a few ppl having access to it. The most important problem for me is MISSING FEEDS. This makes the app USELESS. I go on a group and half of the feeds are missing pictures, then show most recent still stuff is missing compared to web. Who thinks FB app is just a minor problem of windows phone they are dead wrong. Do not forget almost everyone is using FB and it can be a reason to switch for many.
    Last edited by Radu Visa; 12-14-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    George Manologlou likes this.
    12-14-2015 12:49 PM
    Wondering the exact same thing, when are they going to release the universal app although I believe the new app on windows phone IS the new universal app and the its counterpart from the desktop is in beta with just a few ppl having access to it. The most important problem for me is MISSING FEEDS. This makes the app USELESS. I go on a group and half of the feeds are missing pictures, then show most recent still stuff is missing compared to web. Who thinks FB app is just a minor problem of windows phone they are dead wrong. Do not forget almost everyone is using FB and it can be a reason to switch for many.
    Totally agree with you! The next bug is that when I try to comment to a friends post it says "Posting...." and it stays there for couple of minutes without doing anything or responding to anything. After that the app closes.
    Also it takes too much time to load mine or someone else's profile, it takes too much time to load all the feeds, it shows me the most unimportant feed by the most irrelevant friends and it forces me to use m.facebook.

I suppose all these problems will have an end in the near future. The programmers seems to work on the project and I just can't wait to see the final universal app or this app without all these bugs. I prefer Windows 10 OS than android or iOS and if they upgrade their basic and social applications it would be a reason to stay here for many years.
    12-15-2015 03:27 AM
    I really hope the new FB app it will not be another disappointment, right now I'm using FB more within the browser or with "black for facebook" instead of the official app all this because of missing feeds. I'm planning to upgrade to 950XL in 2 months when the prices go down a bit and pass the 930 to my wife but I think she is going to smash it in my head because the app she's using most is FB
    12-17-2015 03:11 AM
    I have a "second" page I use to showcase my artwork. I can't access it as "mine" (like posting content as an admin). It shows up in my "groups" list, but when I hit the link, it brings me there as just someone clicking thru. If I open FB in the web browser, I don't have this issue. Is there a setting im missing in the Windows FB app?
    12-18-2015 12:39 AM
    The FB app is CRAP, not surprised that you are having issues with it. Use the app for notifications and browser for everything else, maybe pin a tile with the FB link on start. Try maybe black for facebook app but I prefer the browser. Hopefully they will release this universal app soon which will fix at least the missing feeds.
    12-22-2015 03:16 AM
    My FB app seems to have switched to the beta mode, which I tried and hated so I went back to the original app. I'm not really sure when this happened or why. It's terrible!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's the same version. Is this the "real" version now?
    12-24-2015 10:49 PM
    My FB app seems to have switched to the beta mode, which I tried and hated so I went back to the original app. I'm not really sure when this happened or why. It's terrible!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's the same version. Is this the "real" version now?
    download the beta its ahead of the main app and it has new features like reply to comments etc and its more stable than the "official" app
    12-24-2015 11:02 PM
1,280 ... 49505152