Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
just got the new Facebook today! soooo much better! I hated the previous version of Facebook for WP. the speed is the huge difference for me now. before, it felt like a wrapper for the website.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that Facebook will unlink with the People hub if you clear your Internet Explorer's browsing history

is it only me?

That's because the MS Facebook app does not have direct access to Facebook Server. That is why we don't have all the content displayed as on the official Facebook Site. I stopped using MS facebook app and just use the mobile site. To many missing posts on the MS app.

I got a Lumia 1520 to try out the new WP8.1 but right now is back on Craigslist... I use facebook a lot and the MS experience is just awful.

cherryME

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I would like the facebook app to have a share button, via which you could share postes with friends and post them on theire wall (e.g. which you just read).

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Facebook- Can't even change dp and cover photos from phones intuitively. No image/gif/media support in comments either for commenting or viewing. Notifications don't take you to specific location in comments feed. There is no live update feed for comments when you are actively commenting. You have to scroll down every time to the latest comment. Can't access all settings(deactivate) from within the app.
Better integration into the OS through SEF with all features.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Facebook app stuck at loading older posts. I cannot view posts from more than 7 hours ago. However, People Hub is working fine. Running WP8.1 GDR1 on 1520.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Facebook- Can't even change dp and cover photos from phones intuitively. No image/g
if/media support in comments either for commenting or viewing. Notifications don't take you to specific location in comments feed. There is no live update feed for comments when you are actively commenting. You have to scroll down every time to the latest comment. Can't access all settings(deactivate) from within the app.
Better integration into the OS through SEF with all features.

well said some more to add to your list ...
  • cant accept people who request to join groups.
  • cant approve wall posts if you have that security feature on.
  • no central place to manage pokes (delete, send poke back yada yada).
  • Slow to load i find it should be faster -_-
  • share needs to be more intuitive i should not have to download an image only to re-upload it to share. That's how sharing of image work.
    I should be able to tap share and see the option to share on my wall, a friends all, a group page, or as a private message (opens messenger app).

metaphysicalninja

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I am on a lumia 1020 and just installed the cyan update (8.1).

After the update I checked something so notifications for fb disappeared in the peoples hub. Is there a way to get it back?
To try to get it back, I removed my fb account and added it back. Now I can no loner use the peoples hub to post check ins, updates; it wants me to use fb app but I dont want to, I prefer the native MS app in peoples hub. Can I revert back to using MS app and not the fb app?

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What 's been bugging me about the official facebook app is that even if you enable toast notifications, you get none. nothing! except the updating live tile that shows nothing more than a number

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What 's been bugging me about the official facebook app is that even if you enable toast notifications, you get none. nothing! except the updating live tile that shows nothing more than a number

I thought it was the same. For me, if it's a like that I receive, I will only get the live tile notification. If somebody comments, I will get a notification bar popup and also it will be in the action center.

Are you getting the live tile for all notification from Facebook?

PipoDj

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was the same. For me, if it's a like that I receive, I will only get the live tile notification. If somebody comments, I will get a notification bar popup and also it will be in the action center.

Are you getting the live tile for all notification from Facebook?

Yes comments, likes etc. only the live tile. but no action center or toast notifs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3