Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

By the time MS gets it working, people will have already jumped ship. MS think we will wait because with windows, we didn't have a choice. There are far better options out there with phones and they need to realize that people will not wait on them. They have had this same MO and failed every time with mobile. They will never catch up and never get ahead. They take the slow and steady approach, it won't work. Latest, greatest wins. WP8 is destined for the trash bin like all their other attempts if they don't get moving. People won't wait. And,"We are working on it" will only work if they deliver.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

They can brush us off if they wish, but they will be the losers when we all brush them off and Nokia goes bankrupt and Microsoft's list of attempts with mobile fails again

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

How on earth does one app's lack of updates makes one giant corporation bankrupt?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

take your head out of the sand then maybe you'll understand what I meant.

Okay, it's out of sand. Still doesn't make sense. How does not updating an app or two, bust a company? Do we know how many other services they rely on?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Okay, it's out of sand. Still doesn't make sense. How does not updating an app or two, bust a company? Do we know how many other services they rely on?
Facebook is used by a billion people. It won't bust them but it's still an important app. The most important if you ask me. I mean is there any other service that has more users than Facebook?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is used by a billion people. It won't bust them but it's still an important app. The most important if you ask me. I mean is there any other service that has more users than Facebook?

According to Facebook about 80% of users use Facebook via m.facebook.com, not using an app for it. This data includes users of platforms that apparently have superior apps loaded with features like "buymeatoiletroll".

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

According to Facebook about 80% of users use Facebook via m.facebook.com, not using an app for it. This data includes users of platforms that apparently have superior apps loaded with features like "buymeatoiletroll".

I'm part of that 80%

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

Than why come out with a app like MS did? If 80% of the people don't use it, why have it? Because, it is a pivotal app that many people do use on every platform. You can almost use it as a baseline for the platform. Especially in MS' case. FB app works about as well as everything else in OS. They want to throw out halfa$$ crap and that about sums up wp8 right now. People use apps. If they didn't, all your phone would have is a browser.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Honestly I really don't think Micrsoft has a dedicated Windows Phone team thus having the OS lag behind in so many areas and no real intense push BUTTT it seems they may be working on that seeing they have been posting a lot of jobs for windows phone. I think an easier solution would be to just buy Nokia and have Nokia as it's dedicated windows phone dept... lord knows Nokia has put more effort in wp than MS.

Everyone tweet @joebelfiore on Twitter asking what is happening, as he's ignored mine.
he never replies to any real questions (ben the pc guy doesn't either) unless it's about marketing hype or already announced apps/services.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook scrolls to the top?

I use the mobile web and desktop versions of Facebook these days on the phone. If I do use the app, it's only for check-ins that you want to tag your friends with. If checking in by yourself, it's much easier to use the People Hub.
Yes, the refresh bugs me as well: that's off. However, sometimes I view my likes, and out of the blue, the page just goes blank on me. Dunno why. Again, mobile and desktop pages work the best for Facebook. Too bad I'm also accustomed to the People Hub.

Eagerly

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft have neglected the current Facebook app, and have made no announcement o tell their customers what is actually going on with the app. The other non-official apps have no notifications so they are useless to me, I just want an app, whether designed by Microsoft or Facebook that works, with all the features available in ios/android version and where I get instant notifications, its annoying when chatting to someone and you don't get a notification that a message has been sent to you.

Everyone tweet @joebelfiore on Twitter asking what is happening, as he's ignored mine.

Tweet sent, lets keep telling them, maybe they will listen, either that or i will vote with my feet and leave the OS that likes to ignore its customer base

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

Tweet sent, lets keep telling them, maybe they will listen, either that or i will vote with my feet and leave the OS that likes to ignore its customer base

You are going to leave because of a FB app? I don't believe it and I bet they don't as well.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

so people wont join because of no instagram but people wont leave because of no facebook? how does that work?

I will be leaving when my contract is up on April 28th if they do not get an app sorted.

kingrewt

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

so people wont join because of no instagram but people wont leave because of no facebook? how does that work?

But there is A facebook app, and realistically Facebook has made some pretty awful apps that never drove people away. Mobile doesn't make them much money so they don't put much money back into mobile in general.

Eagerly

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

You are going to leave because of a FB app? I don't believe it and I bet they don't as well.

You don't think people ( me included ) will vote with their feet, if the OS developers don't pull their socks up.mmmmmmm, do you work for blackberry.......I'm sure thats what they thought and oh yes, now they are struggling to hold on to their customer base...Not listening and ignoring people is the downfall of any business. No I may not leave straight away, I would more likely choose to go back to a more developed OS, when my contract is due for renewal. To add many people have a cooling off period and would this to try the most common apps, if they suck, they will change their handset......SIMPLES........:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs