Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Ryan Smith2013

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I heard from another thread on WPcentral (sorry don't know it off the top of my head) that introduces a Microsoft Cooperation "Facebook Beta" this app is similar to the one on the store but has new features and, apparently fixed some bugs. Its worth checking out. One bug i was experiencing was the live tile updates not actually updating but it seems to work now after installing this version of the app.

Worth a try if you can find the thread on WPcentral

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So Blackberry 10 has updated their Facebook app and look what it has:

screen-shot-2013-08-06-at-2-48-44-pm.png

Facebook chat with photos and ability to see when your post was read. It probably does notifications too.

Their app also allows users to manage their pages.

The app isn't made by Facebook, it's made by Blackberry.

I can't understand why Microsoft can't give us this in the WP FB app...

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

I just want to be able to save pictures from my newsfeed to the phone.

Even though you cannot do so from the app, there are a couple of workarounds- Either you can take the screenshot or use the People app's what's new section which gives the option to save pictures

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Even though you cannot do so from the app, there are a couple of workarounds- Either you can take the screenshot or use the People app's what's new section which gives the option to save pictures
Or use the browser.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It is really so difficult for Microsoft to fix the DAMN Facebook notifications?
I got really really old notifications, this is NOT acceptable.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It is really so difficult for Microsoft to fix the DAMN Facebook notifications?
I got really really old notifications, this is NOT acceptable.

I got one from ~2 months ago this last week :winktongue: Couldn't help but "WTF?"

Can't let it get to you...it is still a very infant system that is growing very quickly.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I got one from ~2 months ago this last week :winktongue: Couldn't help but "WTF?"

Can't let it get to you...it is still a very infant system that is growing very quickly.

I also get late notifications on my 920 with the Facebook Beta app. I also get the same late notifications on my SGS 3 using the official Facebook app so I assume it's a Facebook problem rather than an MS/WP one.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Do more people have the problem that not all posts in the wall show up in the app? Compare the posts on the wall or a timeline from a person between the app and the website, and you'll probably notice that the app doesn't show half of the post. It's really crappy! My sister has the same problem. Do more people experience this? I bet you never noticed until now! :angry:

This is the biggest problem with the Facebook app.

By the way I'm still receiving notifications from birthday wishes on my timeline. My birthday was 31 juli!!! the app SUCKS. WORHTLESS!

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Do more people have the problem that not all posts in the wall show up in the app? Compare the posts on the wall or a timeline from a person between the app and the website, and you'll probably notice that the app doesn't show half of the post. It's really crappy! My sister has the same problem. Do more people experience this? I bet you never noticed until now! :angry:

This is the biggest problem with the Facebook app.

By the way I'm still receiving notifications from birthday wishes on my timeline. My birthday was 31 juli!!! the app SUCKS. WORHTLESS!

I noticed the inconsistencies between the Facebook web site on a desktop PC and the Facebook apps on mobile devices a while ago. It's not just the Facebook Beta app for WP because it's the same on Android and my older Symbian phones. It's really messed up and annoying but once again I'm inclined to put the blame on Facebook rather than any of the apps I've used (or are using) to view Facebook on my phones.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the inconsistencies between the Facebook web site on a desktop PC and the Facebook apps on mobile devices a while ago. It's not just the Facebook Beta app for WP because it's the same on Android and my older Symbian phones. It's really messed up and annoying but once again I'm inclined to put the blame on Facebook rather than any of the apps I've used (or are using) to view Facebook on my phones.

I just tested Facebook on my Android phone and it shows everything. So it is just a problem for the WP app as I'm seeing it.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just tested Facebook on my Android phone and it shows everything. So it is just a problem for the WP app as I'm seeing it.

If you say so captain. My Android phone doesn't match what the web site is showing. We're obviously having different experiences then with Facebook for Android although we're having the same experience on WP.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I used the Microsoft app for FB for a while, but it's pretty spartan in its layout and functionality. I currently have JDB Facebook going and it has much better features and layout, but it seems a little laggy (the only app on my phone that has choppy scrolling, for instance), and, frustratingly, the Feed Sort preference (Top Stories vs. Most Recent) doesn't seem to stick. I prefer Most Recent ordering and don't like the way it sorts for Top Stories (what they think is a Top Story frequently doesn't agree with what I want to see).

So, I guess my question is: Is there a way to lock the Sort preference to Most Recent in JDB Facebook or... is there another FB app I should try?

itsmemuffins

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
What's the point of having facebook messages integrated into the messaging app? Not once have I gotten notifications of messages and I never actually see any replays to my messages.

Ratman826

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
anyone help?

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
so, everything works fine with this Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920, except for one thing: I CAN'T SHARE POSTS!
yes, so every time when I'm trying to share post, I always get this message "Sorry, Unable to share This might be due to the privacy settings of this post"
it this funny how I can share the exact same post on facebook.com on my laptop.
anyone help?

It's the same for me but there isn't anything we can do about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3