Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

itsmemuffins

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
After never getting any notifications, out if the blue I got 2 notifications on the Facebook beta live tile and on my lock screen. Now both badges wont go away. :eck:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi people, i've started to use the people hub since the last couple of days and really liked how useful it can be. But i've noticed a very annoying thing happening, when i open a picture on people hub shared by my friend on facebook, it sometimes loads and brings another picture from the same page my friend shared the picture and when i get back, i see a grey colored thumbnail instead of the picture thumbnail and when i try to open it again, i get this error of which i've attatched the screenshot link below. Please have a look at the screenshots to have a better idea of what i'm saying.

imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

Perhaps is due to security settings of the photos shared by your friend? Regardless, the Facebook app is considered as a 3rd party app rather than an official ones like iOS or Android version. Permissions may be the root cause of it. That's why I really don't like the idea of Windows Phone having so many alternative apps rather than the official ones.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps is due to security settings of the photos shared by your friend? Regardless, the Facebook app is considered as a 3rd party app rather than an official ones like iOS or Android version. Permissions may be the root cause of it. That's why I really don't like the idea of Windows Phone having so many alternative apps rather than the official ones.

What are you trying to say? We are talking about Peopkehub. Not the facebook app.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Somebody figure out that Facebook integrated chat is now working one more time as good as before the issue?
Is this maybe caused by Facebook new politics update?
At list is working fine to me!

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Still no notifications or even tile counts, I'll never understand why this happens, it worked fine all year and then a month or so ago just stopped

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont get how a big company like MS cant get Facebook to work properly. They must have like 2 ppl working on the app. The integrated Facebook is a good idea, but because its so limited and you need the app anyway, its kind of useless.

Has anyone else noticed on the new beta, that sometimes when you enter a conversation, type a message, it wont leave. You have to exit, come back and type again. It does not happen everytime and I havent investigated what are the exact conditions that make this happen.

Also now that this type of bug exists, the fact that copy button does not appear on selected text inside the apps chat IS REALLY ANNOYING.

Notifications..........REALLY? I had yesterday sometimes 22 sometimes 18 on the tile count, inside the app,1-4. Notications on WP Facebook have been so random ALWAYS, that its a joke..

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Somebody figure out that Facebook integrated chat is now working one more time as good as before the issue?
Is this maybe caused by Facebook new politics update?
At list is working fine to me!
Actually yes, for the last cuple of days integrated chat seems to be working fine, no missed messages. Let's hope MS and Facebook finally agree with each other.
A restart got rid of the read notifications... of course now no more notifications again... :eck:
They go away, but this is not a solution. We have to restart the phone everytime we get a notification? We lacked notifications and now we can't get rid of them, brilliant. Actually mine start to work after allowing fb beta detailed notifications of lock screen and restarting the phone.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I believe most of us did not change the Facebook notification settings at all. I can receive notifications on my Nexus 7. So I think Facebook is pushing the notifications to the users very well. To make things clear, I do receive notification on the ME Tile, but not on the Facebook app. I think the problem lies between Facebook and MS. Not the app nor settings.

Yeah i assumed the same.

I was only talking about my experiance as because of the way facebook has messed up my settings and made them non existent i wont be able to receive notifications on any device. Crazy, they even have a specific form for this issue for sending them errors.

Guess im just unlucky.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What are you trying to say? We are talking about Peopkehub. Not the facebook app.

People Hub is considered as a 3rd app in the context of Facebook. Hence, any permissions applied to the photos may screwed up when showing on People hub. Just like the Facebook app by MS, which is not considered as the official app for Facebook. Go ask your friends if he / she set any permission to the photo albums. I believe this issue is happening to some of your friends only, not every photo right?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to recreate what your screenshots show and i got the same thing.
Picture opening from a friends wall that they posted works.
Picture opening from a friends wall that they shared - makes all thumbnails grey with that error message on load.

Although i tested it on 3g and wifi and it only did it on 3g, i cant make it glitch like yours did on wifi.

Very weird.

Do you mean within People Hub or via the Facebook app? I tested on mine, and regardless of tapping the photos from the People Hub, or from the friend's what's new, the photos are still not showing up and throwing the error. But the photos are working well if I view them from the Facebook app itself. Something very wrong with People hub.

ivo03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I noticed the send button isn't enabled. Close and re-open the app will fix the issue.
I hope they will fix it soon.

Has anyone else noticed on the new beta, that sometimes when you enter a conversation, type a message, it wont leave. You have to exit, come back and type again. It does not happen everytime and I havent investigated what are the exact conditions that make this happen.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Today for the first time ever the Facebook Beta app sent me a toast notification saying "[Friend name] has sent you a message"...shame it took me to a message someone sent me on Saturday! It was a group message though so perhaps they're working on it!

elfallous

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Today for the first time ever the Facebook Beta app sent me a toast notification saying "[Friend name] has sent you a message"...shame it took me to a message someone sent me on Saturday! It was a group message though so perhaps they're working on it!
at least we received something today 😊

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm having problem in receiving facebook chat notifications from Messaging app, i own a Lumia 620. The notification comes from some people regularly but just doesn't appears when someone else apart from those few people message me. Please tell me a solution! Thanks!

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Large Live Tile from Facebook Beta isn't showing my cover photo, just the Facebook logo.
Am I the only one?
I use the small tile, but I tried the large version today and it's working fine showing cover photo. Perhaps removing and reattaching the tile will fix the problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel