Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I use the small tile, but I tried the large version today and it's working fine showing cover photo. Perhaps removing and reattaching the tile will fix the problem?

Already tried removing and pining it again, didn't work. I guess I'll reinstall it and post here the results!

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, my WP Facebook app shows FB posts from friends that I have marked to not see on the desktop version. Therefore, I don't see their endless posts on the desktop version. There seems to be no way to set the WP version to not show posts from friends who post too much. Any ideas, besides unfriending them? I've already tried the uninstall, reinstall, reset etc stuff.

I fixed it, for now, by deleting the MS version and loading up MyFB App from the store and deleting the official Microsoft version. Sheeze Louise - MS get your act together. MyFB can be a bit laggy, but at least it seems to have most of the features of the desktop version, including hiding posts you just don't want to see from friends. I'll try the MS version again when it gets some major rework.

Last edited:

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This is the tradeoff. The more sophisticated the app is, the laggier it gets.

You would think that the filtering of what we want to see would be taken care of at FaceBook, itself once we set the filters. I guess they must be local to our machines to some degree.

Ove Engvik

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
What are the big technical/historical difficulties in getting a Facebook-app on WP to work like an official app for Facebook from Facebook for iPhone/Android?
- doesn't Facebooks tech department like Microsoft/WP?
- indiustrial/financial disagreements?

Does anybody have some words on this?

(I own a Lumia 920 --- which doesn't give me the control over Facebook as I had on my HTC One x and iPhone 4s)

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
What are the big technical/historical difficulties in getting a Facebook-app on WP to work like an official app for Facebook from Facebook for iPhone/Android?
- doesn't Facebooks tech department like Microsoft/WP?
- indiustrial/financial disagreements?

Does anybody have some words on this?

(I own a Lumia 920 --- which doesn't give me the control over Facebook as I had on my HTC One x and iPhone 4s)

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's your first option :unhappy:

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm having problem in receiving facebook chat notifications from Messaging app, i own a Lumia 620. The notification comes from some people regularly but just doesn't appears when someone else apart from those few people message me. Please tell me a solution! Thanks!

Anyone?

Ove Engvik

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
The Facebook-trouble I am having is the only reason that I can not recommend WP to any of my friends...sad...as my Lumia 920 is a really nice phone...and my friends like it.
My friends are normal Facebook users....and want a normal Facebook on their phone (that gives them notifications...)

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Latest Facebook update (both live and Beta) have broken my newsfeed. It skips hours, as much as half a day at a time, and will reach a point where it will simply refuse to load more posts from the newsfeed (even after loading only a couple hours worth of posts)

katlo

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I hate that the 'close friends' news feed isn't the same as on the computer/mobile version. It doesn't show what my friends have liked or stuff like that.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I started to get notifications 3-4 days ago and still works great (facebook beta). I dont know if its the amber update or fb beta update but it works now :)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I started to get notifications 3-4 days ago and still works great (facebook beta). I dont know if its the amber update or fb beta update but it works now :)

those are beta app improvements. MS is working hard with Facebook crew to get things working 100% properly. ;) It is quite okay for me since 2 weeks (jump to v5.1)

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
They started to work ok, no argument here. Except for one thing: notification about every message received, even if all my messages are already read. I guess even if you read all the messages it still sends a notification for every message received until counts to 0.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm really confused because when I use WP facebook app, my friends don't see me online at all. My friends see me offline but we can message to each other so there is not connection problems with chat. What might cause this issue?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Why Facebook is not making an official app for Windows Phone, instead MS need to struggle with it? Is just weird and bad for end users. Ain't MS has some shares in Facebook or so??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos