Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app for windows phone doesn't let me mention some of my friends in comments and when I go to all friends list im missing friends even tho they are friends with me

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My Facebook app live tile stopped updating and flipping about 2 or 3 updates ago. I can't remember exactly when. I have the wide tile and all it shows me is my cover picture and doesn't flip anymore. For notifications, I have it set to "tile count only", but I get no count on my tile. I've tried unpinning and re-pinning the tile to no avail. My live tile is just a static photo. I really don't get why after all the recent updates, this still isn't working. I have the official app, not the beta. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm wondering if I should uninstall Facebook, and try installing it again to see if it solves the live tile issue. Has anyone tried this? Oh, I should mention this problem is happening on my Lumia 920, 620 and 520.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated to gdr3 preview a few nights ago, and then did a hard reset. Reinstalled Facebook and..........im now getting notifications on the live tile and toasts!! I got it once and thought it was a one off then got a few friends to "poke me" and send test messages and ot worked every time :)

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to use the Facebook application since I got my Lumia 920 (about a month or two), and am never able to login.
I get an "Opps, something went wrong. Please check your acount ..."
I can add my FB account fine to the phone directly, and all other applications that can access FB work fine (via the web login).

It's just the "official" app that doesn't work ...

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
quick way to access / set fb chat status?

i find myself 'needing' to often, and quickly change my fb chat status in the messaging hub on wp8 because of different people i want to appear available / invisible with - i presume there is no quick access app tile or similar to jump me to this setting rather than navigating through manually? :)

bit like the rotation toggle app that takes you straight to that setting for example

callerx

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I have a strange issue with a Facebook app on my Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber). I only get toast notifications (which are delayed) when the phone charges. Moreover, I receive no toasts for new messages and, as you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to turn on toast notifications for new messages, because there is no such an option. I have restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, etc., but nothing's changed. Did anyone have a similar problem?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131027_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131027_0001.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

I have a strange issue with a Facebook app on my Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber). I only get toast notifications (which are delayed) when the phone charges. Moreover, I receive no toasts for new messages and, as you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to turn on toast notifications for new messages, because there is no such an option. I have restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, etc., but nothing's changed. Did anyone have a similar problem?

Facebook app and its messenger functions are very lousy for Windows Phone. Most of us are not getting prompted notifications too. And to make thing worse, the chat list does not update itself even when you are in the chat room. It requires manual refreshing, unlike the iOS / Android versions. This is really frustrating and miles apart comparing to other platform versions.

JoshGoh

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just noticed that my photos hub is not syncing with my FB albums. I uploaded an album of photos on FB, and in photo hub, the album is there, but if I open the album, it says "it looks like this album is empty".

I have deleted the FB sync account from email+accounts under the settings tab, and have re-added the FB sync account. It's frustrating because all my other albums sync normally, except these two recent albums

Any of you experiencing this issue? or have a solution to this?

Another thing i have just noticed is, when I enter my FB feeds via People Hub, I swipe to "what's new" and in that tab, on the top of the list, it indicates that I have uploaded recent photos onto an FB album, and when i click on the pictures, they load. However, when i exit and try to view them again, it says on the very top left hand corner of the phone that, "Can't get picture. You can try again later."

Any thoughts on this? there must be a connection between these two issues

Cheers

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
it is 21 days for the beta, 14 for the published version...

Yes, youre right, I thought you meant Facebook in general.

OT: I see you own Lumia 925, I am currently using 800 and I am planning 925 as my next phone, are you satisfied with it? I really fell in love with the grey/silver one.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, youre right, I thought you meant Facebook in general.

OT: I see you own Lumia 925, I am currently using 800 and I am planning 925 as my next phone, are you satisfied with it? I really fell in love with the grey/silver one.

yeah its great phone, stylish, solid build, thin, aluminum.. Very good camera, it will never disappoint you.. Very good and sharp AMOLED screen.. the OS needs to be improved, hope with the 8.1 everything will be fixed..
Two points you should consider when buying this phone:
1) if you need storage try to get the 32 GB model, for me 16 GB is problem and that's why i got the 32GB model.
2) the future is quad core processors and 2 giga Ram, the 925 have only dual core processor with 1 giga ram, it runs smoothly but third party apps needs a little bit to load, also i think with wp 8.1 the OS will be heavier with real multitasking which needs more ram.. If you have enough budget and you like big phones just order the lumia 1520, it is the best...
I prefer the black, it looks the best, please don't buy the gray ;) black or white if you go with it.
All the above are my opinions which may many disagree with, finally everything depends on your needs... Hope this is helpful..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans