Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
*rant*

If this app would allow me to get my toast notifications, I'd be a happy person. Oh and if it actually updated my news feed instead of showing me the arrow being like "lol click here to load moar!"

Other than that, it's not THAT bad I suppose. Right now though, FB seems to only focus on iOS and Android..

gizzzmo

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else's timeline being polluted with posts of your friends on other people's walls i.e. birthday wishes etc? I mean people that you don't have a clue who they are, yet you see your friends posting on their walls. wtf? privacy issue, much? I went through my facebook settings and can't see an option to block that anywhere - is it a bug that appeared in the recent Facebook update? It happens on both - official and beta versions. anyone else with the same issue?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else's timeline being polluted with posts of your friends on other people's walls i.e. birthday wishes etc? I mean people that you don't have a clue who they are, yet you see your friends posting on their walls. wtf? privacy issue, much? I went through my facebook settings and can't see an option to block that anywhere - is it a bug that appeared in the recent Facebook update? It happens on both - official and beta versions. anyone else with the same issue?

I've noticed this too. It's got much worse recently.

skeesey

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

and yes, it only seems to have started in the last couple of days...

WillemC

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes trying to view likes and comments, but instead of showing them, it creates some kind of error which closes the Facebook app.
Re-opening the app continues on the same place. I run the latest version on a Lumia 1020.

Scornt

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

my Facebook App is really bad. :(
My tile dont update, I dont get toast notifications, chats dont self refresh....
What can I do?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

my Facebook App is really bad. :(
My tile dont update, I dont get toast notifications, chats dont self refresh....
What can I do?

I would like to help you, but it seems that MS guys are just after elementary school ;) Facebook Beta has already seen like 20-30 updates and it works like sh.... Rudy Huyn can create great apps like 6tag, 6snap, 6sec in few f..... weeks. I don't use any of them personally, but I've been following his adventure with 6tag programming on Twitter, and it took about 2-3weeks to create such great app. For sure there at least 50 people at MS working on FB Beta every day(?) and we see the results since release of this app.... haha Come on, ONE GUY created THREE fully-functional apps in 15weeks keeping updating others while working on another, and they (at MS) can't create even a decent FB app since 4 months..

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's a list that I've compiled and updated over the years.
Needs the ability to
  • post picture comments when allowed to
  • edit profile/groups/pages/notes/etc.
  • edit comments/statuses
  • reply to comments when allowed to
  • copy text
  • create events
  • hide certain people's and our own statuses on newsfeed
  • highlight statuses
  • remove self from groups
  • attach docs in messages
  • share pages
  • manage pages/groups
  • like/comment on notes
  • add timeline events
  • to view lists properly (pages on lists don't show up)
  • double tap to get to top of the comments
  • sort comments by top or recent
  • show date when messages were seen
  • hide/report comments
Needs
  • @ (at) tag function for pages
  • to correct favorites to show lists and groups as they are on web
  • questions
  • landscape support
  • improved tile and toast noticifications

Last edited:

doky101

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
  • improved tile and toast noticifications
I woudn't say improved, better say fully working tile and toast notifications. Around 10 people took my advice to get WP device (a year ago, when WP8 phones were released in my country) and now only one is still on WP, everyone switched to iOS and Androids pretty quickly, main and almost only reason was unusable FB app with most important thing not working, the "notifications"...

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Really? Maybe they've always worked for me, then....and I just never saw it at the time....anything is possible I suppose.

Sent from my magical toaster

doky101

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Notifications don't work properly and thats a fact, any news after Belfiore tweet about fixing it soon that was a month or two ago?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro