Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Anyone notice that typing in the Facebook Beta app is crappy? The whole wordflow typing experience doesn't seem to work in the app. It doesn't correct your errors in the same beautiful manner that it does in, say, like a text message or email. Is there a setting that I've missed somewhere? Does anyone else get this and have a fix?

Kmn3

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Wow, after reloading the Facebook Beta app, I actually got a real-time tile notification! We'll see how it does after having airplane mode on for a bit...

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Same here. At least they brought back the option to disable notifications for messages in case this happens again:
Well, this is getting ridiculous. My FB tile shows 99 notifications for one or two messages to which I already responded. At least they could give us the option to disable notifications for messages. I remember that beta had this at some point.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Lately, both the FB and FB Beta won't allow me to post a picture with a Checkin. It goes to Uploading Pictures, then reports "Your photo could not be uploaded at this time." It sounds like others are having similar issues. :\

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Are they ******* kidding me ?

Firstly I survive with this app with bugged notifications and now when they finally fix them, they wont update the app for 7.8 ?

THIS IS THE BIGGEST TROLL EVER, SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE DOING THIS.

OK LET ME WRITE A NICE EMAIL TO MS.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha, amazing!:)

Sent from Tatooine

And there is no option to display chat message notification on the lock screen. The chat message alert count does not shared with the main Facebook notification. But on the bright side, at least chats are refreshed automatically.

Raphael Salomao

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I have a problem.
I logged in with my Facebook account on the integrated messages native app. It's working nicely with SMS and Facebook chats, what's bothering me is that I cant separate my SMS conversations from Facebook. So, if I have a chat with, say, my girlfriend on both Facebook and SMS, they will both display at the same window and it gets really confusing, looks like a random display of messages, even though they tell me each one is SMS and each one is Facebook's.

sudhindra9

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I have a problem.
I logged in with my Facebook account on the integrated messages native app. It's working nicely with SMS and Facebook chats, what's bothering me is that I cant separate my SMS conversations from Facebook. So, if I have a chat with, say, my girlfriend on both Facebook and SMS, they will both display at the same window and it gets really confusing, looks like a random display of messages, even though they tell me each one is SMS and each one is Facebook's.

No solution I guess. That's the way it is designed. You could unlink her FB and hotmail profiles. That way you can separate both conversations.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Anyone notice that typing in the Facebook Beta app is crappy? The whole wordflow typing experience doesn't seem to work in the app. It doesn't correct your errors in the same beautiful manner that it does in, say, like a text message or email. Is there a setting that I've missed somewhere? Does anyone else get this and have a fix?
It apparently works when typing up a new status and only sort of works when writing comments...

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Installed Facebook beta on 920 but still having issues with live tile, when notifications show on tile I click to open app but then tile freezes. Only shows Facebook logo and does not flip. Only way to get tile working is to log out and sign in again. I suppose it will be a cold day in hell before Facebook starts functioning properly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234