Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Flavio Lopes

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Reinstall the app and if that doesn't solve the problem there are some answers at least for me:
-Your friends aren't posting :p
-The app is f*cked up and will be updated soon :)

Same here but I'm facing this problem since I have my lumia 520 , never saw a friend's post.

but If i swap accounts into my mom's (ex) I can see.

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
No cover photo for me either. I'm fine with "most recent" as I don't care about the "top stories" and glad it doesn't go there now. I see all posts and I have also been getting notifications. Go figure...

Gotta love having a windows phone...you never know what will work and what won't! LOL

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Needs to combine birthday posts
Tried to bring that problem to @joebelfiore`s attention on the post in which he tweeted about the new beta release.Could do with a few retweets if any of you have twitter accounts ;).It almost takes more than half my feed and as is mentioned here,Top stories don`t work.What they seemed to have done is the fixing the chat and the notifications, works fine now.
Basically, they have now got the API conflicts fixed.They now should focus on the bugs. Guess by the next public release,we will finally have a functional FB app.

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to select which notifiations gets Toasts and which get Tiles.

Like: I want to get Toast and Tile notifications for Messages, but I only want to get Tile notifications for the rest of the notifications.

itsonlyjames

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
For me, the app works fine. It works perfectly fine.

But the number one problem i have with it is the messaging part, i want it to be fast, real time, i want pop up chat heads like on android and ios. I want to see when they're typing and when they've seen my message. Hopefully one day!

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

But the number one problem i have with it is the messaging part, i want it to be fast, real time, i want pop up chat heads like on android and ios. I want to see when they're typing and when they've seen my message. Hopefully one day!

same here, work good!! Hope someday they put these great things to the app or on the native Facebook chat of WP 8

Sent from my RM-885_lta_lta_307 using Tapatalk

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Likewise. But I hope I can see the Messenger notifications prompt on the lock screen too.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, here's a first for me. So after the latest Beta, notifications are working again. I just got a suggestion for a new Friend over Toast... Lol. It said "Do you know XXXXX XXXX?". So I click it to open Facebook and then there's nothing. Kinda pointless, I guess.

Riverrunner88

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that the tile no longer puts your cover photo on the tile...instead, it puts the cover and profile pic of whoever caused a notification to be sent. So if someone posted after me or posted on my wall, I get a notification and I see their cover and profile on the FB tile. I guess that is the way it works now. Next update it could be different.

Levi Meyer

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I owe a Lumia 920 and run the facebook app as well. But since a day of 2, I'm having battery drains. I checked my data sence and saw that the facebook beta app consumed 103 MB. I think this is the cause of the battery drains, because I didn't use the app that much and 103 MB seems a lot. The background task is off. Some one experiening the same?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I owe a Lumia 920 and run the facebook app as well. But since a day of 2, I'm having battery drains. I checked my data sence and saw that the facebook beta app consumed 103 MB. I think this is the cause of the battery drains, because I didn't use the app that much and 103 MB seems a lot. The background task is off. Some one experiening the same?

That does seem rather high. Data sense says I used 32mb cellular and 33mb WiFi since 11/15 for the FB beta app.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having difficulty posting photos on the FB beta app. Does anyone else have the same issue ? (Lumia 920)

hit and miss for me as well. sometimes i could sometimes i can't. i've done on basically all types of signals (lte, wifi, 3g, etc) and there are times i can and sometimes nada

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
The biggest problem lies with 'most recent' and 'top stories'.FB devs clearly need to address this ASAP. One can't help but move to web version to get the important feeds prominently absent from this one.

Sent from my white Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

visnit14

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i just installed Facebook Beta on my Lumia 920 trying to get toast and live tiles notifications , but i had no luck. I pinned the app to the start and this is what i see.

http://imagenes.es.sftcdn.net/blog/es/2013/11/wp_ss_20131128_0003-568x946.png

Do i have to wait for some update ?

This is the default live tile of this app which will flip to change only when there's some notifications.Its kinda dumb and odd but then again we are talking about FB on WP!!

Sent from my white Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
hit and miss for me as well. sometimes i could sometimes i can't. i've done on basically all types of signals (lte, wifi, 3g, etc) and there are times i can and sometimes nada
I just realized that it works if I wait a while. The app becomes unresponsive for few seconds (shows the loading progress bar on top) and shows the camera roll after a minute or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa