Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
With the latest beta update, I can no longer visit my page. It's blank. I can see the newsfeed just fine but when I open the left nav panel and click my name, I get a blank white page. Anyone else have this problem ?

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
With the latest beta update, I can no longer visit my page. It's blank. I can see the newsfeed just fine but when I open the left nav panel and click my name, I get a blank white page. Anyone else have this problem ?

today's update fixed that bug.

Last edited:

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Beta getting updated again and again. When are we going to have a stable, functional app??I swear if FB had made the app we would`ve had a feature rich app long back. Guess it`s got something to do with the people hub, integrated messaging and all that crap. Weren`t those designed to make the experience better/worse? The fb experience on wp is still way behind in terms of functionality compared to what the official app is capable of on the other platforms .I very much doubt its on purpose. is it designed so that MSFT gets the benefits of the third party like usage data and stuff.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The latest beta update launched today fixes the live tile and I can notice speed improvements(no joke). As well as bold fonts on Names and tags instead of the old one.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The latest update brings back the bug where if u share a post it takes u back to the top of your news feed or if u navigate back to fb mode in the multitask view it refreshes u back to the top of your feed anyone else experience this?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Bighouse

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, this is getting ridiculous. My FB tile shows 99 notifications for one or two messages to which I already responded. At least they could give us the option to disable notifications for messages. I remember that beta had this at some point.

I have this too. It's at 99 right now, sometimes clears seemingly randomly, but usually seems to stay at a high level. For example, I will have 8 real notifications and it'll say 62 on the live tile.

Fixed in the recent update (Beta 5.2.0.5). Now shows the correct number of notifications.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was able to finally see my profile page by clicking on a post that I was tagged on. Once I clicked on my name, it took me to my profile page and now it no longer shows the white page when i select my name from the left nav panel.

Ahmed Fahmie

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
downloaded facbook beta and the toast and tile notifications worked for the first time ever just for a while and then went off again as it used to be and that when that push status under advanced settings were for the first time are on both, it reverted to off both again and a message appeared sayin we are sorry you are subscribed to many push services we will try later?! note that these two options under advanced settings were off all the time on the facebook released app

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that if you create a 'Shared' album, you cannot view the album in-app, it opens the browser everytime you click on the Album name ? Is there a workaround. Also, if I open an individual photo from the shared album, i cannot swipe left/right to view the next/previous photo.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Every single damn birthday post in the newsfeed! Suddenly started happening a month or so ago - isn't this affecting everyone? Is there no solution or workaround? Does this problem exist in the beta app?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Every single damn birthday post in the newsfeed! Suddenly started happening a month or so ago - isn't this affecting everyone? Is there no solution or workaround? Does this problem exist in the beta app?

don't worry :) affects everyone since 1-2 month. Just visit this site and add your voices to the ideas you like or bugs you want to get rid off. :p
https://wpfacebook.uservoice.com/

First two posts after opening:

"Stop posting the contents of other people's walls on my news feed!!

For example it is a friend's birthday and EVERY SINGLE birthday message is currently on my news feed. I am not even friends with the people who wrote the message!! Please sort this out as it is mega annoying. Also, please stop other people's posts in groups/events showing up. I am not interested."

" I don't need someone elses birthday wishes showing up in my newsfeed. 50 so far 1 friend

How about disabling other peoples birthday wishes from showing up in my news feed. A friends bday is today and I have had over 50 Happy B'day Todd show up in my news feed. FACEBOOK BETA UPDATE TODAY Brought this as a feature I guess. Please use Facebook from a windows phone for a week the flaws everyone points out on here are normal everyday uses."

Arvind Venkataraman

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
The pagination when browsing a page doesn't work. The "see more" button which is supposed to load more posts when on a friend's page is not visible most of the times and when it is visiable it doesn't seem to work. Couldn't find anything useful about this on the web, and not sure if this is an issue that I'm seeing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077