Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The app is STILL MISSING proper group support.. So many times it just says "Error fetching data" or that similar error (the red bar) - then the app doesn't show the group or just crashes. Absolute rubbish..

Not to mention, where is support for polls? polls/votes still do not show up on news feeds or in groups. Get with the times MS, please work with Facebook closely to bring the Facebook app up to speed.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The app is STILL MISSING proper group support.. So many times it just says "Error fetching data" or that similar error (the red bar) - then the app doesn't show the group or just crashes. Absolute rubbish..

Not to mention, where is support for polls? polls/votes still do not show up on news feeds or in groups. Get with the times MS, please work with Facebook closely to bring the Facebook app up to speed.
You know what I think it is man, M$ has alot on there plate lately, with the 8.1 the new hardware and updates I think there working on it but just getting the big fish out of the way so to speak..eventually...if ever, they will come out with some killer apps for FB and YT and others. Atleast that is what I think.

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Official YT App isn't coming for a long time. Google has stopped any attempt MS has made at an official app - as the app didn't support ads.

FB is the most popular social networking site in the world. Whilst the People hub is capable, group support, better event functionality and polls amongst many other gripes others have found need to be fixed. Facebook is the most used free app on the store! Please MS, listen up!

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. Today Facebook app stoped showing me push notifications on top of the Homescreen... I allow them and I also allow Facebook's backround services.... I am also conected to my wifi all the time.. Having anyone this problem...? The last days I had no problem with push notifications ether Facebook Twitter and Instagram but now I have...

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They finally fixed the issue where it took 5mins to load the camera roll when you press the photo upload button and it shows the thumbnails correctly.

lexmarq

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the messenger in the facebook beta app after the most recent update? I am having "we're having trouble getting data" error. The first time I enter into the chat conversation with a friend, everything loads perfectly. After pressing "back" into the messages tab and clicking on the same conversation thread again, this error would occur.wp_ss_20140128_0001.jpg

I tried the same thing with the facebook (non-beta) app and everything was working well.

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the messenger in the facebook beta app after the most recent update? I am having "we're having trouble getting data" error. The first time I enter into the chat conversation with a friend, everything loads perfectly. After pressing "back" into the messages tab and clicking on the same conversation thread again, this error would occur.View attachment 55648

I tried the same thing with the facebook (non-beta) app and everything was working well.

Yes, same problem here.
Sent an email via settings->feedback to report the error.

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was a way for the Facebook app to show individual notifications for the main tile, and the messaging tile. I want toast notifications for messages, but just regular live tile notifications for everything else.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here, but I'm experiencing this issue since two updates (v. Beta)
Only the first update which included new notification system worked okay for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos