Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've gone back to the current stable version, no longer getting trouble getting data messages, notifications are working fine.

The latest beta version is terrible.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The latest beta really is a joke with all the errors getting data all the time... Its a f****** disgrace how a big company like MS cant get something thats so much used, to work decently.... If I would be in a managing position at MS, people who have enabled this FB mess, would have to go. Its a joke that the platform has many different broken ways for the service.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The latest beta really is a joke with all the errors getting data all the time... Its a f****** disgrace how a big company like MS cant get something thats so much used, to work decently.... If I would be in a managing position at MS, people who have enabled this FB mess, would have to go. Its a joke that the platform has many different broken ways for the service.
they fixed all the problems in the latest update. It's actually really smooth now.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't posted in this thread before. I too would like to repeat how ****ty this Facebook app is. Microsoft, if you're reading this, please dump this **** and redo the whole thing. Thanks

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
they fixed all the problems in the latest update. It's actually really smooth now.

In the latest update they broke the messaging... When you are in the app, and you talk with someone, you get A LOT of the red bar saying error getting data. It went really horribly wrong since last update. I have been using the beta for a long time, but now it just went so wrong cant use it.

ridha el gharbi

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello :)
Can anyone tell me how to upload HQ photo to facebook from my 1020 ? Of course, I don't want to save pictures to Skydrive just to be able to share them with good quality. Currently if I share straight from my 'camera roll' album, the quality is BAD ! I used to share photos to facebook with my Nokia 808 and the quality was perfect (there was even a dedicated album in facebook for photo taken and shared via Nokia 808 PV and this was great). I can't understand why it's difficult to do the same with the 1020 ?!
The 3 worst things with the 1020 in my opinion are:
- Not being able to select from the camera app either to save the raw photo or 8MP or 5MP (like in the 808, sorry I have to compare)
- Not being able to upload photos from the camera roll to facebook in high quality (just after taking the photo without having to find a wifi connexion to upload to Skydrive first)
- Not being able to control seperatly the volume for music&video and the volume for ring and alarm.

MilanMilan

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed the latest FB Beta today and now I cannot run it on my Lumia 925 (it have Black and GDDR3 updates). When I click on the icon, it show splash screen and then exit!

Last edited:

MilanMilan

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I know now what is the problem, it is not in FB app, I turned off to follow some of my friends so I didn't get their updates. But, again, I cannot start FB Beta now and often, there is that error retreving data.

Last edited:

crgsibaja

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Did any have problems with the photo size in the Facebook app? Or in the Facebook page using IE? I mean when I open some pic I can't view those pic.. I used the desktop view... Any feed about this problem?

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got notification issues suddenly over the last day or so. I get no uri and no rich under push status in advanced settings. It was working before yesterday for sure.

pranayhotkar

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Did any have problems with the photo size in the Facebook app? Or in the Facebook page using IE? I mean when I open some pic I can't view those pic.. I used the desktop view... Any feed about this problem?

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

I too have the same problem.when i open Facebook on uc browser or ie ,the images don't show up fully

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got notification issues suddenly over the last day or so. I get no uri and no rich under push status in advanced settings. It was working before yesterday for sure.

The rich and other status is on for me. But I receive toasts late at nights. While whole the day I get toasts instantly but at nights they come very late like 15 minutes to half an hour. I have to rely on my Android for facebook chat. When is Facebook going to build an app for us??? Cause the android version is made by facebook and which is pretty good and our version is made by Microsoft which sucks. Again the app isn't much fast. In chat I have to press twice or thrice the send button. And again no seen and typing. This just sucks.. When are we getting better app??

zsolo1122

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
How much time it will take for microsoft to make a well working facebook app? I bought my first Windows Phone back in 2012, when i saw the facebook app, I was like... okay it's a young system, they just need some time to fix it. But now it's 2014!!!!!!!!!! I mean really??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99