Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

MoviesHateUToo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
For the last few days I've been unable to upload photos to Facebook (both on the normal Facebook and Facebook Beta app) on my Nokia Lumia 1020. I've turned my phone off several times and attempted to upload while via wi-fi and LTE and I just keep getting a message stating that "Your update could not be posted at this time." Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
For the last few days I've been unable to upload photos to Facebook (both on the normal Facebook and Facebook Beta app) on my Nokia Lumia 1020. I've turned my phone off several times and attempted to upload while via wi-fi and LTE and I just keep getting a message stating that "Your update could not be posted at this time." Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Yes! It's so annoying! This error happens at the times and it's not rare.

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, guys. You Know if with the latest system update (GDR3) the Facebook logo that appears in the People live tile was updated?

Last edited:

Tathagata Banerjee

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a strange issue with the FB App. In my last three months usage I am unable to upload any photo till date using the app either using 2G network (my service provider does not have 3G in my circle for some wired reasons) or Wi-Fi networks. It eternally shows Uploading Pictures.... on the top sometimes even shows a bar running but never completes the upload. It says "Your update could not be posted at this time". If the phone gets locked in between (it is set to do so in 30 secs.) it says "You have exited the app. Upload cancelled". I have even checked the option Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out option under Advanced Settings of Wi-Fi but to no use.

I am trying to upload three photos one of size 357 kb and 1.3 MB for the other two over a Wi-Fi network which does not complete in 2 minutes time. The Wi-Fi network is a corporate network with ample free bandwidth.

But I can upload multiple photos using People Hub even over 2G network. But the issue is I cannot add status message or location or add a tag while uploading multiple images through People Hub and hence upload through App is more desired.

Any guidance to end this botheration would be highly appreciated as MS has everything to offer except support.

Tathagata

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140301_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20140301_0002.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20140301_0004.jpg
    wp_ss_20140301_0004.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 7

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
This app is really frustrating. When I get my Nokia XL, going to leave Windows Phone for good. I still can continue with the MS Services, but I will have much better app choices and experiences. Enough is enough.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand why comments have to be opened on a separate page....why cab't I just click on a post, see the full post and all of the comments listed below it (like it is on EVERY other format?)

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if it was there before, but while in conversation you can tap and hold on message and you'll see ability to copy message content :p (fb beta)

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Messenger is up but damn those are some really big bubbles, hope they update it with something more subtle. Btw, i love when devs stick to Windows Phone UI style and they don't flatten the UI from Android. It's not that i don't like how Facebook or Twitter are in Windows Phone but i liked them more when they were like Windows Phone, with pure text and stuff.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Facebook Messenger is up but damn those are some really big bubbles, hope they update it with something more subtle. Btw, i love when devs stick to Windows Phone UI style and they don't flatten the UI from Android. It's not that i don't like how Facebook or Twitter are in Windows Phone but i liked them more when they were like Windows Phone, with pure text and stuff.

At least it is working much better than the crappy Facebook app by Microsoft. I'm not really bothered by the appearance of Messenger as long as it works well. New messages are updated REAL TIME instead of waiting for time out or manual refresh.

See the big quality differences between Facebook, Inc, and MS when comes to making apps. Is such a shame that MS is screwing up themselves on their own platform.

nx_2000

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone seeing notifications work properly with the Messenger app? I disabled message notifications in the Facebook app but left them on in Messenger, but I get nothing when new messages come in.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
At least it is working much better than the crappy Facebook app by Microsoft. I'm not really bothered by the appearance of Messenger as long as it works well. New messages are updated REAL TIME instead of waiting for time out or manual refresh.

See the big quality differences between Facebook, Inc, and MS when comes to making apps. Is such a shame that MS is screwing up themselves on their own platform.

Funny that you complain because normally one would think that since Facebook Inc created Facebook their Facebook apps would be the best compared to everything else. Microsoft has no stake in FB whatsoever do you expect them to reverse engineer the APIs???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre