Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
All they have to do is make the app on Windows 8.1 universal and bring that to Windows phone and completely trash the Microsoft one we have right now

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
All they have to do is make the app on Windows 8.1 universal and bring that to Windows phone and completely trash the Microsoft one we have right now

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

universal does not mean it has the same code base. With windows 9 it will be same code base

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They cannot. Its a third party app. Only when Facebook, Inc. make the FB app, we will have access to the filtered and correct news feed. They did make the messenger which is damn good. Now the only thing left is for Msoft+Nokia to convince them to make the FB app.
One good thing about the MS developed app is that there're no ads. I couldn't believe the amount of "Sponsored Apps" when i used the official FB app on an iPhone the other day. There was an ad every 3-5 posts.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

Anyone else noticed that after 8.1 update when you upload photo on FB it no longer shows "Uploaded via Windows phone" on facebook (desktop)

I guess its because right now it redirects you to integrated FB app and uploads from there. But why? Is it possible to change this? Why would MS do this? It takes away the "advertising" from the post.

IShan Bhardwaj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Today I updated Facebook app for DP 8.1 on Lumia 720. After the update its only showing Pages and Groups feeds on newsfeed. its not showing any updates from my friends. can anyone confirm that or a workaround to solve this ? Thanks

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Today I updated Facebook app for DP 8.1 on Lumia 720. After the update its only showing Pages and Groups feeds on newsfeed. its not showing any updates from my friends. can anyone confirm that or a workaround to solve this ? Thanks
That has been happening to me and a so many others since day 1. Lol.

purpleclanger

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Please can someone help me. I'm getting so fed up I'm thinking of changing to Android. Ask I want is to be notified when someone messages me on facebook. Everything was fine until the update. Now Facebook doesn't even show in notifications and actions. I'm desperate for help. I have done a hard reset, I've reinstalled Facebook and messenger multiple times. I've checked settings in the application itself and still nothing. Please please please help me !

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing I can share posts now without losing my place in my scrolling of the needed with the latest update FINALLY

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I am just wondering if anyone experience crashing of Fb beta? When I try to refresh page, it crashes. To me, it's happening since yesterday evening C.E.T.
Also, App social is crashing from yesterday when I try open the app. I am in Croatia, using 8.1 with the latest update.

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Alright, till yesterday everything was fine with my Facebook app in my lumia925. From yesterday evening many posts from my friends and posts from the pages I like are missing from my wall. But when I use desktop version of Facebook using browser all the posts appear in my wall. Looks like a issue with windows phone Facebook app. Can any1 here help me? Thanks in advance.

fanofkimi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a solution for this problem? This issue started only from yesterday. BTW I'm not in 8.1 developer so I don't know what went wrong! In fact I uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled it. The problem disappeared for the first time I opened but again the problem started from 2nd time..its highly irritating...

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
at least they allow now to post a video to own/someones timeline...

However I miss the Facebook app from before UI overhaul.... this one is the biggest mistake on the earth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa