Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been seeing posts which I did not even Like or follow appearing on the feeds lately. I need to go to the respective pages to Like, Unlike in order to remove those. What the hell is going on with this piece of crap app by MS? I don't see such issues on my Nexus 7 Facebook app. Did Facebook update its APIs again so this unofficial app is screwed up totally? That's why I hate with all the 3rd party unofficial apps on Windows Phones....
Me too. I actually see more posts from these than contacts I actually care about. But when I use a different facebook app on WP its like using a different facebook. None of these pop up, but unfortunately the other apps crash constantly and don't work well. What the hell! Why is it so hard to have a solid facebook app that works properly?

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Facebook app now doesn't even show half of my friends posts. When someone posts a Youtube video, also it won't show. Microsoft really isn't serious about Windows Phone.

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Me too. I actually see more posts from these than contacts I actually care about. But when I use a different facebook app on WP its like using a different facebook. None of these pop up, but unfortunately the other apps crash constantly and don't work well. What the hell! Why is it so hard to have a solid facebook app that works properly?

The past few days, the Facebook Beta app on my WP8.1 Lumia 1020 has been unusable. My newsfeed is full of posts from architecture and software pages (which are close to my interests, but NOT pages that I have liked or followed, or in any other way interacted.

I'm using the IE web-based m.facebook.com site more and more. I see picture tags, and it's more responsive.

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
According to Joe Belfiore a bigvupdate is coming to the FB app in June

Source: "On wanting more app updates... FB + Skype are coming. Lock screen still coming! 512MB SS .. coming. And a couple new apps too."

Dunno that equates to a "big update is coming to the FB app in June" though.

luke_parker_88

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Hello,

this is a small issue but I thought I would raise it none the less. When using the official Facebook app for Windows 8 (currently rocking a Nokia Lumia 925) :cool:... I've noticed that most of my news feed consists of 'company' or 'business' pages that I've liked instead of actual friends/people I have on my friends list. However when I load the browser version of Facebook on I.Explorer this is the opposite.

Could anyone shed any light please? I've tried adjusting news feed settings etc, doesn't seem to work?

Thanks, Luke.

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The past few days, the Facebook Beta app on my WP8.1 Lumia 1020 has been unusable. My newsfeed is full of posts from architecture and software pages (which are close to my interests, but NOT pages that I have liked or followed, or in any other way interacted.

UPDATE: After installing the WP8.1 latest update, the issue I described above regarding posts from pages no longer occurs, although I'm skeptical that the update "fixed" the app.

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: After installing the WP8.1 latest update, the issue I described above regarding posts from pages no longer occurs, although I'm skeptical that the update "fixed" the app.

Mine seems to be working just fine after the update too. Lets see if it stays that way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb