Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So just installed the new beta version. UI change. I can't find a way to manage your feed, anymore? (switch between Top Stories and Most Recent). It appeared to default to Most recent, which is what I wanted, but id like to know how to change it

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody tell what changing that value actually does?View attachment 69340
it means that after that period of time (5mins in your case), the app will fetch updated data from their API.

let's say you've a post with 10 comments and you saw it in your app.
4mins later if you open the app, the app will re-use the cached response and still show you 10 comments but once the cache is expired (5mins +), the app fetches for new data and it will show the updated number of comments.

^^that was just one case scenario. The app may not even cache the comments number..without looking at the source code it's hard to guess. but you get the idea.

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
News feed still isn't fixed, still shows only posts from fan pages oh wow still going to have to use the mobile browser.
When the hell will they fix it?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I actually get more posts in this App than on Mobile Facebook via browser (set to Most Recent). The only thing I notice missing from the App are images that are shared to Instagram. I saw those from the browser, but not the App.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Been on windows phone since 2012 the issue has existed for me since then
I am tired of this ****.
I am shifting when I get the chance.

Then you might want to glance through all the setting, from a browser. Clearly, everyone else doesn't have this issue, especially after 2 years worth of updates.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Been on windows phone since 2012 the issue has existed for me since then
I am tired of this ****.
I am shifting when I get the chance.

Sorry to hear that. I was having some issue previously but then I realized that I have turned off Following for some of my friends hence I'm not able to see them with the Facebook app on Windows Phone, but fine on the Android version. Perhaps you can confirm if you are following your friends updates by going to the Facebook online?

Mchl5_5Dwrds

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
On 8.1 when I'm in the people hub and I tap on a post from
Facebook/Beta, the app stays open in the background. Have anyone else has this issue? It gets annoying because when you click on another post you see for a second your previously opened post: It takes away from the fluidity of the people hub.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking the new update so far. It looks nice and works well so far. I was just wondering though, how can I set the tile to just be the default tile? As in not showing my cover photo as the live tile. I can't seem to find it in settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster