Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here man... I have a windows phone since 2012. Been waiting for this update for 2years... And they can't fix the biggest problem with the app. They wanna catch up with ios and android like this? And don't tell me the "os is young bla bla". It's 3 years now... In 2010 Android and ios had an okay Facebook app... Not a piece of crap like this. Sorry guys but that was too much for me. I'm out.
Yeah me too, I am out the next time I get the chance probably going to iOS... Facebook is a big for me I can't take this ****.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook beta updated

What facebook commands are you using with Cortana? I've tried "update facebook status" , what's up with a friend status nothing happens in not getting any Cortana integration with the new beta

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I tried it as well and it worked fine for my wife and I. Just hold down search key and then say Facebook, What's up with (Insert name)
. Opens facebook beta and takes you to their feed. Great step in the right direction.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I read a lot of posts like "some stories/posts are missing". Can you give some examples? Because I don't think I had something similar.
And btw, the app is still BETA, the final one should include "fixes and improvements" (c)
I don't know about them but personally I'm seeing more posts in the app compared to the website....lol

On the app, it goes from 10mins ago > 12mins ago > 16 > 20
On the site, it goes from 10mins ago > 20....it's missing 12mins and 16mins posts...both are posts from pages i've liked.

​I'm not complaining..

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Facebook app

With yesterday's update the Look and UI has totally changed..I am really loving the app and I don't have any issue with viewing my frnd's post.You just need to change the setting from top stories to most recent. It worked for me. Now they should update all the features which are there are on the android and iOS version of Facebook.
Here's what they need to update
1)Review the tags from the app.
2) we could edit the profile and also the about me section should be organised and show full details..Its very cluttered right now.
3) View the photo comments.
4) we could give the mood status like feeling,watching,reading status from the app..It really sucks to open IE all the time to give those status.
5)We could change the Profile and cover picture directly..
Lastly thank you very much for bringing this update.I appreciate your good word and looking forward to more updates

darionst

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

I don't know about them but personally I'm seeing more posts in the app compared to the website....lol

On the app, it goes from 10mins ago > 12mins ago > 16 > 20
On the site, it goes from 10mins ago > 20....it's missing 12mins and 16mins posts...both are posts from pages i've liked.

​I'm not complaining..

To me it's the most important thing missing in this app since it was released, post are not filtered... I can see every news from acquaintances and close friends as well... It's quite frustrating! Till they add this (basic) feature it doesn't matter how smooth is the app, it remains pretty useless!

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
There is no proper news feed in the new update and no option for top stories and the feed shows feeds from pages i liked and not much of my friends' updates.
PS: though the older version had option for top stories it didn't work then too.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think the notifications should be the next thing shown when swiping from the right? I don't get many friend requests anymore :p

ChuckOp

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Source: "On wanting more app updates... FB + Skype are coming. Lock screen still coming! 512MB SS .. coming. And a couple new apps too."

Dunno that equates to a "big update is coming to the FB app in June" though.

I stand corrected, yesterday's update to the Facebook Beta app was the most substantial since the shift away from Metro UI Design.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb