Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am really pleased with the performance and look wise of this new Beta, they seemed to have finally nailed it after 4 years, took them a while, but it still acts as a 3rd party app with all these game notification requests and posts on my news feed about someone posting happy birthday on another persons wall. fix that please.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook app

The new app is a big improvement. Significantly faster, and smoother operation. The UI changes feel fresh and the transition animations are a nice touch!

But, would a transparent tile have been too much to ask? Keep the iconic white "f" and nothing else. Maybe a "Facebook Blue" outline on the "f" if necessary. Maybe FB won't allow it due to the obvious brand connection to the colour.

Anyhoo, it would be nice.

While I'm at it... And it's a WP OS thing more than a FB thing, but I find the tile notification-count circle on pinned items to be rather cheap looking and incongruous (i.e. looks like iOS) with the rest of the design language at work.
The obvious answer would be to change the circle to a square..or a tile-within-a tile
Pushing this a little further...add a tile-flip animation every 4-5 seconds to provide a visual cue.. and/or drop the static black background and have the count-tile be transparent and only the numbers would flip.

As a last, out of left-field, suggestion...what about ditching the black circle, show the notification-count, but add a slight fade/pulse, or shimmer animation as a visual cue?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Hello,

this is a small issue but I thought I would raise it none the less. When using the official Facebook app for Windows 8 (currently rocking a Nokia Lumia 925) :cool:... I've noticed that most of my news feed consists of 'company' or 'business' pages that I've liked instead of actual friends/people I have on my friends list. However when I load the browser version of Facebook on I.Explorer this is the opposite.

Could anyone shed any light please? I've tried adjusting news feed settings etc, doesn't seem to work?

Thanks, Luke.

Many people are reporting this. You're not the only one. Don't know a good fix yet.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Well we finally got the new facebook beta app. It's all nice and well but missing one major feature: tile counts for "Likes" the option was there, but not anymore. Anybody having the same problem?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Holy smokes, anybody else notice a battery drain? L928 here..... 6 hours off charger and it was down to 46% with Facebook Beta background taking up most of that usage.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Holy smokes, anybody else notice a battery drain? L928 here..... 6 hours off charger and it was down to 46% with Facebook Beta background taking up most of that usage.

928 here also and seeing the same thing. FB Beta is consuming prob as much battery as all the other apps combined. Typically I lose about 1-2% battery overnight, but last night, it was about 10%. Don't know what consumed that overnight, but kinda worrisome.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
928 here also and seeing the same thing. FB Beta is consuming prob as much battery as all the other apps combined. Typically I lose about 1-2% battery overnight, but last night, it was about 10%. Don't know what consumed that overnight, but kinda worrisome.

Glad it's not just me. I think I also told Cortana to use Facebook to this morning so that is possibly related.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
All official apps suck. I use WP, Android, and have tried iOS. They have the same problems and are also slow, so STOP COMPLAINING. That's why I suggest JDB for Facebook. It's the best client on ALL platforms.

Sent from my purple velociraptor running Windows Phone 7.8

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
All official apps suck. I use WP, Android, and have tried iOS. They have the same problems and are also slow, so STOP COMPLAINING. That's why I suggest JDB for Facebook. It's the best client on ALL platforms.

​The FB Beta app was developed by Microsoft...

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

On the contrary, I prefer this Facebook app than the JDB.

MANDAR RANE

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I cant see my friends posts in newsfeed.I can only see the posts from the pages.
is this problem happening with me or anybody else have this problem???

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

All true... But Facebook app for windows 8 shows the right news feed, isn't it developed by windows as well?

developed by Windows? You mean Microsoft? No. Facebook on Windows 8 is developed by Facebook, where as on Windows Phone its Microsoft.

Dhyan Hariprasad

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I get a big post on my wall...i click it...and when I select see more to see the full page...it doesn't work...it just reloads the same page again and again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99