Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

mickflat

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Holy smokes, anybody else notice a battery drain? L928 here..... 6 hours off charger and it was down to 46% with Facebook Beta background taking up most of that usage.

Hi. Not related to your post but can you tell me where you got your picture from or send me copy. Twitter @mickflat or mflatman@hotmail.co.uk Ps do you know how to change cover picture on facebook beta on my phone?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change cover picture on phone. Changed it on laptop (Facebook not beta) but not showing on my live tile?

It takes a while for the cover photo to update on the live tile. I don't think you can change the cover photo in the app itself. If you really want to, you could try on the browser.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply. Changed it on normal Facebook on laptop yesterday but nothing on tile as yet, tried unpinning then pinning.

Yeah it is annoying it takes so long. I think when I tried it, it took almost a whole day. Not sure why it is like that, sorry.

mickflat

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Cheers will keep waiting then. Do you know why my temp files won't delete when try it. Says might take a while but when phone locks it must stop i think????

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Cheers will keep waiting then. Do you know why my temp files won't delete when try it. Says might take a while but when phone locks it must stop i think????

Is this in the facebook app? I can't seem to find it. Or just in general? If the lock screen in stopping the manual process, you could temporarily disable it in the lock screen settings. I always have the screen time out set to never personally.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry its in general settings & the only option can find is putting it up to 5mins but still not working.

I see. Strange, I have options including 15, 30 and never. Not sure why that is.

Regarding the temp files issue, maybe you can find a solution in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/203595-storage-details-other-category.html

If not, then try posting any additional details there and maybe someone can help you find a solution. I haven't personally had an issue like that, so I'm not entirely sure why it takes so long. Also bear in mind, deleting temp files, doesn't completely delete everything.

rahilsayed

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I m getting useless daily horoscope even if i didnt liked it or followed or anything...i tried viewing my apps...my likes but its nowhere....help me remove it from my FB app

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine and many other peoples news feed would like to disagree.

Try another app. It needs browser login and to be registered as an app in the user's account. Unofficial apps do not have the API for this type of login. It's the same feed as on the Facebook website.

or the android app. Also, I am on the (outdated) WP7 version which may work much better.

Sent from my purple velociraptor running Windows Phone 7.8

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Just like the regular facebook app, facebook beta only pulls a select # of posts from pages/friends for my newsfeed. If I open facebook in internet explorer, i see everything.
What is the point of limiting posts in the apps?

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Just like the regular facebook app, facebook beta only pulls a select # of posts from pages/friends for my newsfeed. If I open facebook in internet explorer, i see everything.
What is the point of limiting posts in the apps?

Is NOT Facebook fault. it is Microsoft. the app is developed by Microsoft not Facebook and therefore facebook server treats the app as a third party. There is an option on the internet version of Facebook where your friends need to go and allows third party apps to see all their post. Once they do that you will see everything. but is not easy to tell that to 200+ friends right.?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that would be Facebook's fault for not having an offering for Windows Phone. How are Microsoft to make themselves first party to a first party?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Is NOT Facebook fault. it is Microsoft. the app is developed by Microsoft not Facebook and therefore facebook server treats the app as a third party. There is an option on the internet version of Facebook where your friends need to go and allows third party apps to see all their post. Once they do that you will see everything. but is not easy to tell that to 200+ friends right.?

I agree, this sounds more like a Facebook problem than Microsoft's.. most people (including myself) probably have no idea that setting exists, or what "3rd party apps" actually means.

Facebook should either be developing the app themselves, or realize what the MS app is and give allowances to newsfeed posts according to whatever shows on the web version of our news feeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077