Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Is NOT Facebook fault. it is Microsoft. the app is developed by Microsoft not Facebook and therefore facebook server treats the app as a third party. There is an option on the internet version of Facebook where your friends need to go and allows third party apps to see all their post. Once they do that you will see everything. but is not easy to tell that to 200+ friends right.?

Where is that setting? I want to allow 3rd party apps.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been adressed before, but since the big UI overhaul my message section looks like this:

There's an annoying Messenger commercial that doesn't want to go away. At first I installed Messenger and the commercial went away, but as soon as I uninstalled Messenger it came back.

So, for those who do NOT have Messenger: do you have this commercial?

Last edited:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been adressed before, but since the big UI overhaul my message section looks like this:

[url]http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s425/prisoner_of_mars/wp_ss_20140625_0001_zpsefc2582f.jpg[/URL]

There's an annoying Messenger commercial that doesn't want to go away. At first I installed Messenger and the commercial went away, but as soon as I uninstalled Messenger it came back.

So, for those who do NOT have Messenger: do you have this commercial?

There is a deeper integration between Messenger and Facebook app after latest updates pushed to those apps. If you open up a conversation with you friend (Messenger app) and tap on his/her name (conversation header), you will be redirected to his/her profile via Facebook app installed on your device instead of mobile Facebook website. I think there is a way that Facebook app detects if you've got Messenger installed on your device. I guess that process occurs while syncing FB app data with your device and this banner depends on it. I'm not sure, but maybe if you go to FB app settings and tap on sync (with messenger installed on your device) this banner will disappear. Try it, and let other users know if it helps. :)

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I thought everybody knew what's happening, but apparently that's not true...
Read about facebook app on Android/iOS, there is no chat! Why? Because they push the chat into their Messenger.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
There is a deeper integration between Messenger and Facebook app after latest updates pushed to those apps. If you open up a conversation with you friend (Messenger app) and tap on his/her name (conversation header), you will be redirected to his/her profile via Facebook app installed on your device instead of mobile Facebook website. I think there is a way that Facebook app detects if you've got Messenger installed on your device. I guess that process occurs while syncing FB app data with your device and this banner depends on it. I'm not sure, but maybe if you go to FB app settings and tap on sync (with messenger installed on your device) this banner will disappear. Try it, and let other users know if it helps. :)

Ok I tried that and the banner disappeared (which I already knew) but it still came back again as soon as I uninstalled Messenger.

I just don't understand why they force you to have a separate app for a function that already is integrated in the FB app. With Messenger you can't even type in landscape mode which is another reason why I would never use it.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
So you mean this will happen to the Microsoft FB app too, given time? That would suck big time.

yes, Facebook openly announced that they are about to remove messaging from their apps and force people to use Messenger instead (messenger users are said to receive messages 20% faster than those using apps - according to FB representative, who revealed those news) :) No idea when its going to happen.

Edit: However, I've seen statement that those changes won't affect FB app for Windows Phone and iOS Paper as for now.. That was said back in April, so things might have changed and it might be coming also to WP app sooner than later.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
yes, Facebook openly announced that they are about to remove messaging from their apps and force people to use Messenger instead (messenger users are said to receive messages 20% faster than those using apps - according to FB representative, who revealed those news) :) No idea when its going to happen.

Edit: However, I've seen statement that those changes won't affect FB app for Windows Phone and iOS Paper as for now.. That was said back in April, so things might have changed and it might be coming also to WP app sooner than later.

Well, the FB app for Windows Phone isn't even an official app made by the Facebook Inc, so it wouldn't have to affect it. Unless they have some strangle hold on Microsoft for some reason. Or then we will actually get an official app at some point.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Well, the FB app for Windows Phone isn't even an official app made by the Facebook Inc, so it wouldn't have to affect it. Unless they have some strangle hold on Microsoft for some reason. Or then we will actually get an official app at some point.

This app is a result of strict co-op with Facebook Inc., as you can see (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.katana&hl=pl) the newest UI is introduced to make iOS, Android and Windows Phone Facebook apps similar. Probably Microsoft received a permission to use and promote their app with official Facebook logo/branding, because Facebook Inc, wasn't interested with providing their app to WP (before WP market share grown), so they just talked with MS, they reached an agreement and they are working together since the big Facebook v. 5 overhaul. Following delayed UI changes, these affecting iap messaging hub might be coming later this year. I think that no user here has appropriate knowledge to comment on FB & MS agreement, its just my argument. :)

Notice that Facebook's mobile website shows banner "download Facebook app for Windows Phone and browse faster" which redirects you to MS app in WP Store, so they just treat it like an official one.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This app is a result of strict co-op with Facebook Inc., as you can see (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.katana&hl=pl) the newest UI is introduced to make iOS, Android and Windows Phone Facebook apps similar. Probably Microsoft received a permission to use and promote their app with official Facebook logo/branding, because Facebook Inc, wasn't interested with providing their app to WP (before WP market share grown), so they just talked with MS, they reached an agreement and they are working together since the big Facebook v. 5 overhaul. Following delayed UI changes, these affecting iap messaging hub might be coming later this year. I think that no user here has appropriate knowledge to comment on FB & MS agreement, its just my argument. :)

Notice that Facebook's mobile website shows banner "download Facebook app for Windows Phone and browse faster" which redirects you to MS app in WP Store, so they just treat it like an official one.

Okay thanks for clearing that up, or sharing your theory. Makes sense, still sucks if you need two apps to do what one single app already does. :)

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

I Don't care who made the app, or who's not. I want the feed to be fixed NOW.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I Don't care who made the app, or who's not. I want the feed to be fixed NOW.

lol.. I want it as much as you, I've cancelled ? of pages subscriptions, and all I can see are the other ? pages posts and just a direct post from my friends (only timeline posts, added photos, group posts). I would like to see posts from apps like Endomondo, Runtastic and the other posts; that my friends liked something, or commented on something... That's what everyone wants. Try your luck here :)

https://wpfacebook.uservoice.com/forums/204658-general

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore

or send an email via Facebook app (Settings->Feedback)

zsolo1111

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
lol.. I want it as much as you, I've cancelled ? of pages subscriptions, and all I can see are the other ? pages posts and just a direct post from my friends (only timeline posts, added photos, group posts). I would like to see posts from apps like Endomondo, Runtastic and the other posts; that my friends liked something, or commented on something... That's what everyone wants. Try your luck here :)

https://wpfacebook.uservoice.com/forums/204658-general

https://twitter.com/joebelfiore

or send an email via Facebook app (Settings->Feedback)

I tweeted Joe, and @winphonesupport
But no answer... I Think Microsoft just now started to realize the problem because we started to complain much "louder". In the same time Google and Facebook inc. is laughing on Microsoft for the last 3 years.

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted Joe, and @winphonesupport
But no answer... I Think Microsoft just now started to realize the problem because we started to complain much "louder". In the same time Google and Facebook inc. is laughing on Microsoft for the last 3 years.
I contacted Windows phone help on Twitter.
After a long conversation they told me to contact Facebook since they can't speak on someone else's app. XD
The employees managing that Twitter handle are on some strong acid lol.

n3on

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So did they just remove the "sort by most recent/top stories" option? Ffs, it seems that everytime they introduce a feature they remove two or f**k something up.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
So did they just remove the "sort by most recent/top stories" option? Ffs, it seems that everytime they introduce a feature they remove two or f**k something up.

It looks that way. Or at the very least, they hid it really well ;)

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely dismayed that checking some notifications and comments actually opens up FB in IE!!! Really!! in 2014 we don't have a decent FB app??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6