Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Mayur M Naravani

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Facebook n facebook beta r the worst apps... They dont show the news of my friends.. Just the news of the pages i have liked!!!! I think to browse facebook on ie is far better than using these **** apps..!!!! Or else bring the official apps of Facebook.inc.... Microsoft plzz update ur facebook as of u did in case of WhatsApp!!! Please update...

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Facebook n facebook beta r the worst apps... They dont show the news of my friends.. Just the news of the pages i have liked!!!! I think to browse facebook on ie is far better than using these **** apps..!!!! Or else bring the official apps of Facebook.inc.... Microsoft plzz update ur facebook as of u did in case of WhatsApp!!! Please update...

Just find some friends, and unsubscribe news from useless pages.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Simple Things Like This Image are What Bothers me About Facebook App

Just take a look at the photo below. It happens all the time. Shows I have a like but then says "No likes". It does it with comments too. Just sharing to see if others have this problem and maybe Microsoft will see this and fix it. One can hope...

wp_ss_20140707_0001.png

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Simple Things Like This Image are What Bothers me About Facebook App

Just take a look at the photo below. It happens all the time. Shows I have a like but then says "No likes". It does it with comments too. Just sharing to see if others have this problem and maybe Microsoft will see this and fix it. One can hope...

Yeah I get this, most noticeably, with comments sometimes. Pretty silly that some basic functionality like that doesn't work.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Simple Things Like This Image are What Bothers me About Facebook App

yea, i get this as well when i post something from my Lumia. If i post from the desktop, it works fine.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The 3rd party block/missing posts & lack of control over the 'top stories' in the news feed essentially cripple the app, it's useless.

The other day I had the 'Most Recent' stories revert to 'Top Stories' and there's NO way to configure the preference!
* Using Facebook Beta app.

I use m.facebook.com in IE now. I only keep the app on my phone in hopes one day these features are fixed!

Amran Nagal

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
The 3rd party block/missing posts & lack of control over the 'top stories' in the news feed essentially cripple the app, it's useless.

The other day I had the 'Most Recent' stories revert to 'Top Stories' and there's NO way to configure the preference!
* Using Facebook Beta app.

I use m.facebook.com in IE now. I only keep the app on my phone in hopes one day these features are fixed!
Have had that hope since 2 years now. Slowly its going away.

Coolaaron88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Still missing the ability to add Facebook events and manage and edit posts. Still no photo comments either. Also the ability to change the cover photo remains absent, as is the ability to view friendships.

Hope these come soon.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently using facebook beta. Most thing that annoyed me is when I'm reading long post, when click see more and nothing happen. Just same page with "see more" option.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I will say it again, Facebook on WP8 will not be fixed until it is done officially by Facebook itself. If you are a heavy Facebook user, WP8 is not the right platform to be in. I really like WP8, but because I'm a heavy Facebook user is why I'm currently using Android. I just hope that Lumia hardware will be some day available on Android so I can have the best of both worlds as Windows Phone is starting to become RIM.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I will say it again, Facebook on WP8 will not be fixed until it is done officially by Facebook itself. If you are a heavy Facebook user, WP8 is not the right platform to be in. I really like WP8, but because I'm a heavy Facebook user is why I'm currently using Android. I just hope that Lumia hardware will be some day available on Android so I can have the best of both worlds as Windows Phone is starting to become RIM.

Right on! The Facebook app is really crippled as compared to the official ones on other platforms. What I hate is the caching of stuffs with the Facebook app on Windows Phone. Even when I exit and enter the app again, I'm not seeing updated number of comments at all. I always need to do a manual refresh in order to see things updated.

Also MS did a very ugly job when switching between the news feed and the comments page. I see that some sort of "screen shot" was taken when we tap on the Comments link, so when we navigate back to the news feed, it seems like things are still there. But in fact, I cannot scroll the news feed page at all until the "Screen shot" was removed. It was some kind of illusion there. Very ugly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs