Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
The integration of messenger in fb app on IOS and android is much better..There we can see all the people online and when we click any particular chat it opens directly the chat on the messenger not like on WP which takes so much time to open the app..Everything sucks on WP

wizbit

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why my Facebook calendar has multiple birthday entries for the same person? Some people have one, some have two and even some have three! Not sure if it's somehow them that have managed to add multiple entries, or it the Facebook app. I'm running the Beta version, buy I'm sure it was there in the official version. Just me?

BUDDYFUNLOVE

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The beta worked for me but I was missing contacts with the regular FB app (specifiy my wife wouldn't sync. Lol). I tried the beta at the same time and had them both sync. Then deleted the regular and kept the beta. All good now. Pics not blurry and I have all contacts.

*8.1 developers preview*

Telmo Baldaia1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
The integration of messenger in fb app on IOS and android is much better..There we can see all the people online and when we click any particular chat it opens directly the chat on the messenger not like on WP which takes so much time to open the app..Everything sucks on WP

How I understand you. I just don't know why the app for windows 8.1 is made by Facebook inc. and the one for wp is made by Microsoft? Why? The app for windows 8.1 is great, why don't they do the same on wp?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why my Facebook calendar has multiple birthday entries for the same person? Some people have one, some have two and even some have three! Not sure if it's somehow them that have managed to add multiple entries, or it the Facebook app. I'm running the Beta version, buy I'm sure it was there in the official version. Just me?

I noticed that it now shows the birthday starting at a particular time and ending at a particular time. This results in the birthday going over 2 days in some cases. The multiple entries might be because it is showing the hotmail/outlook calendar birthday entry and the facebook birthday entry in the calendar.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys in Fb beta clicking on the search icon didnt put the cursor on the search bar, I had to manually click on there before writing but from yesterday I noticed on clicking the search icon directly puts the cursor on there and you can just start searching like the android version...They should also add the recent visited name on there, that should be useful for us..

Last edited:

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
So I'm back on my 1520 to give a test drive @ Cyan update and men, I forgot how 'AWFUL' the Facebook app is in Windows Phone. I just can conceive how Microsoft is able to create so a sub-par product. The mobile version (m.facebook.com) is 10 times better that this crappy app. For example it will not show any 'likes' type of post like when you have a friend and he/she likes something (a video, photo, etc), you know for example 'Your Friend Liked this Post'. That will not show and I dare anybody on this Forum to provide proof that they see that kind of post using the "Official" facebook app.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
So I'm back on my 1520 to give a test drive @ Cyan update and men, I forgot how 'AWFUL' the Facebook app is in Windows Phone. I just can conceive how Microsoft is able to create so a sub-par product. The mobile version (m.facebook.com) is 10 times better that this crappy app. For example it will not show any 'likes' type of post like when you have a friend and he/she likes something (a video, photo, etc), you know for example 'Your Friend Liked this Post'. That will not show and I dare anybody on this Forum to provide proof that they see that kind of post using the "Official" facebook app.

Too much rage. Why don't you use the mobile facebook site then?

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Too much rage. Why don't you use the mobile facebook site then?

Why should he use?? He bought a smartphone not a dumb phone..He should get all the facilities a standard smartphone provides including top notch app experience..So instead telling him what to do,tell Microsoft to improve the experience so that no user can complain..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12