Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and Microsoft should be extremely ashamed of themselves for the extremely poor work that they have been doing on developing Facebook on Windows Phone...

For having lived in Russia for a while, I have an account on the local Russian social network called VKontakte (VK).

How come they update their app as soon as new features become available in WP? How come I got there an update enabling transparent tile the day after it became available on WP?

How come do I get notifications, all notifications? How come can I upload photos, add friends, reject group requests, share other posts, etc? And all this without a single bug.

How come the interface of the app is as good as the one on iOS and works smoothly?

Don't tell me that the 2 American giants Microsoft and Facebook are not able to provide the same on the FB app?!!

(don't get me wrong, I'm not Russian at all... just comparing here...)

Boyack

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys, knows anyone how you can set the Facebook live tile to be static and to not show the cover?
I don't want to use transparency tiles.

mattborkin

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Although I can be patient and wait for an improved app, the two main annoyances of mine are:

1) All I ever see is the liked pages on my feed - rarely any friends or family (where as on android, I get a current mix of pages and friends and family sorted by most recent.

2) Not being able to leave a photo comment - It was odd, because on my Nokia Icon, i went the the facebook website on my browser and STILL couldn't send a photo comment reply - there was no 'camera' icon.....

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
For your 1st point, it's because the Facebook app has been developped by Microsoft and is seen by Facebook as a 3rd party app. Only your friends who actively allow 3rd party apps to access their profiles will be visible on your news feed. It s*cks doesn't it...

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For your 1st point, it's because the Facebook app has been developped by Microsoft and is seen by Facebook as a 3rd party app. Only your friends who actively allow 3rd party apps to access their profiles will be visible on your news feed. It s*cks doesn't it...

Wow really, is this true? The app is created together by Facebook and Microsoft. It would be pretty crazy of this is true.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
"Microsoft is seeking beta testers for a refreshed version of the official Facebook app for Windows Phone, which was developed by Microsoft in conjunction with Facebook."

Microsoft seeks beta testers for new Facebook for Windows Phone refresh | ZDNet

I would be amazed if the app is handled inside Facebook like any other 3rd party app... however I have noticed that soem of my contacts dont show anymore from FB, but I think this is a bug.

mattborkin

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. But unfortunately,that link is over a year old. I think the current beta has gone stale.... I hope I'm wrong.

"Microsoft is seeking beta testers for a refreshed version of the official Facebook app for Windows Phone, which was developed by Microsoft in conjunction with Facebook."

I would be amazed if the app is handled inside Facebook like any other 3rd party app... however I have noticed that soem of my contacts dont show anymore from FB, but I think this is a bug.

mattborkin

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to tell Microsoft that I am trying to view their facebook page about their Windows Phone 8, but their Facebook app on my Windows phone won't let me. How ironic.

I wonder what their response would be....

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
How do I get the app to use Miles instead of Kilometres, I am in the UK and all my other apps use Miles but anything tied into FB uses KM, for example checkin from the me tile

Is there a setting somewhere I cannot find?

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft seeks beta testers for new Facebook for Windows Phone refresh | ZDNet

The whole app is a Big Bug,,, is a third party app, even thought Facebook might have collaborate with MS in making the app still the app is been seen as a 'Third Party', is not a but is just the way it is and it will be until it is officially developed by Facebook.

mattborkin

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am sure it is just a matter of time ....Facebook will want to be everywhere so they will eventually develop it for WP

The whole app is a Big Bug,,, is a third party app, even thought Facebook might have collaborate with MS in making the app still the app is been seen as a 'Third Party', is not a but is just the way it is and it will be until it is officially developed by Facebook.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
The biggest issue for me is still the amount of missing posts compared with the browser for example. I don't how it is on the other the other mobile platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans