Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Quick question about FB messenger..photos sent to me don't seem to be loading on my phone. Anyone else have this issue?

Dalsium

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I've got a little problem with my Facebook WP 8.1 App (version 8.3.1.0). On my news feed it only shows headers from people who like other posts, for instance: "... likes a video" or "... commented on a post". I can't however see what actual post is liked and I can't click to go to the actual post.

I think this is some setting which has to be changed, any ideas?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I've got a little problem with my Facebook WP 8.1 App (version 8.3.1.0). On my news feed it only shows headers from people who like other posts, for instance: "... likes a video" or "... commented on a post". I can't however see what actual post is liked and I can't click to go to the actual post.

I think this is some setting which has to be changed, any ideas?

Indeed. Here is a screenshot of the issue. One cannot interact with these posts: you just get to know that a friend of yours liked a photo but you are not informed which photo. Picture1(1).jpg

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same for me. Best thing to do is send them an email using the in-app feedback function. I expect they're already aware of it but the more people that point out its annoyance, hopefully the quicker they'll fix it. Though at the pace of updates to the FB app in the past don't hold your breath.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Oddly, this changed prior to my 920 getting the 8.1 update, and didn't seem to correspond to a downloaded update, so it's confusing.

But frequently 2/3 of my comment wall is made up of these useless items, so it's made the app borderline unusable.

prettyconfusd

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been asked before but I've just been using the W8.1 app tonight for the first time in ages and just thought about this.

With WP8.1.1 doesn't it run RT apps? Or like 90% of the APIs in RT apps? The Windows Facebook app turns out is pretty awesome and a great experience even when snapped to 320px wide. It resizes dynamically, seems to cover all the features I use on the website and has none of the faults the WP app has.

I suppose with Threshold they'll just run the same app but surely even right now they could make the RT app run on Windows Phone 8.1.1 with little effort. Or if all the developer spiel is to be believed anyway.

Just wondering out loud really... :)

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Until MS/FB solves those issues, I'm sticking to the mobile's version via IE, or better yet.. BLACK for Facebook. It's free and better in terms of its background is black @ battery friendly, seriously. Able to see/reply comments on photo albums, foursquare check-ins, and IG posts.

Just one issue though.. image uploads. Doesn't seem to work properly.

WP Store Link

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Image uploads don't work properly either on the FB app itself, so it wouldn't be a big difference :)

I'm sick and tired of all these bugs. It's unbelievable that the mobile version of the website works better than an app!

And don't even start me on Messenger. My battery discharging rate rises up to 42% per hour when I start chatting on the Messenger app!

Oh it's September 9th today..... will I go back to iPhone?

anon(9047871)

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I finally got fed up with the lack of features in Facebook beta for WP and uninstalled it. Not being able to edit posts/comments, not being able to see pictures/videos in comments, etc. was very frustrating. I was constantly going to the mobile web version. Now, I just have Facebook pinned to my UC Browser and access it that way.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with their News Feed not showing all of the posts in both Facebook and Facebook Beta? It's strange, because when you use People hub -> What's New, it displays posts that the actual app doesn't show.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077