Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I like the new update supporting photo comments, but there's a new problem.
Every time you open Facebook/Beta, the news feed automatically refreshes. Now, it does refresh but the new posts don't show up. It's just a white blank screen with the tabs on the top and bottom. Bit frustrating.

I also have this bug. I have to manually refresh (shake). Only happens on the beta for me. Also still waiting for replying to comments.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So messages are no longer supported in the FB app. Telling me i have to download FB messenger. Really annoyed with this, I don't want the stupid messenger app, i was quite happy with it in the app.

Every platform is the same now. You have to have Messenger as a separate app on iOS, Android and WP now

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I also have this bug. I have to manually refresh (shake). Only happens on the beta for me. Also still waiting for replying to comments.

Likewise. I really sad to see such bugs still exists after so many iterations of the app. So much disappointment with MS. Facebook app on iOS and Android are working amazingly well while ours are still facing bugs like this.....

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Every time you open Facebook/Beta, the news feed automatically refreshes. Now, it does refresh but the new posts don't show up. It's just a white blank screen with the tabs on the top and bottom. Bit frustrating.

Yeah noticed this too. Slight annoyance. I have to go to another tab like notifications then come back for it to load the news feed.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the beta and tried to reinstall it now it wont reinstall anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20141004_0009.png
    wp_ss_20141004_0009.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 9
  • wp_ss_20141005_0001.png
    wp_ss_20141005_0001.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 9

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i want the messanger to integrate within the app , as it integrates with android and ios.
chat bubbles can't be integrated in os but as i think they can be integrated in the app.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Happens to me as well. I ended up swiping to the left (so it goes to friends requests) and the swipe right to the news feed. It refreshed properly to show the news feed.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled the beta and tried to reinstall it now it wont reinstall anyone else having this issue?

I haven't uninstalled beta, but it is crashing every time I try to open it. I AM having that problem with Bing sports, though not with a reinstall. I'm having that message with the recent update.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Facebook getting updated? Where is the WP8 love?

Is there no way to unfollow, i.e. hide in news feed w/o unfriending, in the WP8 app?

SyntacticSyntax

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
So many missing features from the Android and iOS counterparts like multiple tagging, seeing what friends like, polls, hide posts and others. Annoyances like limited number of notifications, limited 25 photo uploads, blank white screen when opening facebook and when friends uploaded many photos in an album, I can see the photos in the news feed as separated posts rather than in one post. Really irritating that it takes 10 post on the news feed.

Tyranade

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't post pictures with a caption to FB. If I try the upload never completes :( As soon as I remove the caption it uploads fine.

Last edited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
And sometimes, tapping on replies open up the browser to mobile version of Facebook. What a crap app is this?! App supports on Windows Phone is really suck to the core.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't post pictures with a caption to FB. If I try the upload never completes :( As soon as I remove the caption it uploads fine.

Yeah noticed this too. It seems to just take ultra long for me but it does upload after a while.

And sometimes, tapping on replies open up the browser to mobile version of Facebook. What a crap app is this?! App supports on Windows Phone is really suck to the core.

This is annoying but doesn't seem to happen as often for me now. Not sure why it does that though.

FlandersNed

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
When I tap on notifications that are based on actions I have performed (i.e Someone liked your post, someone commented on your post') the app tells me "We're having trouble getting data". This only happens for those notifications, and I don't know why.

I linked the facebook account through the phone, so why is this happening?

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Just a quick question. How do I configure my Facebook live tile so that it matches what I see in the reviews and unboxings here? I'm using the official app and pinning it to start gives me a blank, blue tile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12