Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

RoboLoftie

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Since their latest update, both FB and Messenger refuse to closer when I back out of the app. Is this an update to WP8.1 that I just missed, or an issue with both these apps? Either way, rather annoying since I keep forgetting them running.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the issue when you reach a point in the news feed, it no longer loads more items? Even trying to continue to swipe up or hold to try and refresh, it will look like it's loading but doesn't.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the issue when you reach a point in the news feed, it no longer loads more items? Even trying to continue to swipe up or hold to try and refresh, it will look like it's loading but doesn't.

Happens pretty often not every time but at least a few times out the day

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the latest FB beta update fixes the news feed loading when you open the app which is good. Haven't run into the issue where the news feed stops loading after a certain point and refreshing doesn't fix it, so this is good so far.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the latest FB beta update fixes the news feed loading when you open the app which is good. Haven't run into the issue where the news feed stops loading after a certain point and refreshing doesn't fix it, so this is good so far.

Mines still takes me back to the top of the news feed. But it does look like it doesn't tried but it takes u back to the to of the loaded news feed u were in and still loses your place where your were looking when u left at

Blake Yap

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The app has gotten better over the months, but one bug that annoys me is, it will crash after using for a period of time or when loading pictures/comments though.. am i the only one?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Mines still takes me back to the top of the news feed. But it does look like it doesn't tried but it takes u back to the to of the loaded news feed u were in and still loses your place where your were looking when u left at

Ah yeah I also liked it that way so it gave you like a way to pick up where you left off. At least this version load a news feed when you open the app. It was annoying having a blank feed.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I often feel like the only one who loves the Facebook (beta) app. It's smooth, fast, and does the job
Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 8.1

JANGEL13

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
What's the deal with the facebook app? Its starting to get old. Updates are scarce these days. I'm messing around with my wife's iPad at the moment and I look at the app updates to see a facebook update. The description says "Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to threw store every 2 weeks." Now I know that Microsoft develops the app for windows phone but that's not really a good excuse in my opinion. If Microsoft wants windows phone to grow they better get their apps together. They can't control what other developers do but they should be able to control/update their own apps. I'm not even a big facebook user but its just the idea of us getting worse support/apps than other platforms. I friend of mine recently got engaged and his fianc? put it on facebook and tagged him. I didn't see it on the facebook app. My other buddy pulls out his iPhone and shows me the status update on his app. I had to use IE to see the update. Now, I'm not mad about missing that particular update. I'm just pointing out that our app is lacking features that other platforms have. Its just getting old.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with the Facebook beta app? I'm on 1020 with 8.1 and today it just keeps crashing when I try opening it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12