Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't microsoft implement it on their own? Use their web APIs, please, it's not difficult.
Waiting for facebook to cooperate might be an endless dream, it will never come true.
Few internet companies consider WP as a mainstream platform, I don't expect them to devote more time than nowadays to improve their apps. Stop waiting and start working. Don't frustrate your WP fans anymore. We need better apps.
ps: I'm learning to develop Universal Apps recently, but I still think Microsoft should take more positive and active role in this ecosystem.

I hear you in all honesty though I get the feeling that Microsoft is focused on Windows 10 and trying to get as many developers to develop the "one" app that runs on all devices that way once those devices with Windows 10 do come out most apps will be available. That will lend to the illusion that it's a fully established ecosystem (in some ways it is) to those new to it. Those of us with WP8 devices will be getting an update to Windows 10 so rather than have all these developers make apps for WP8 AND Windows 10, they just make the Windows 10 version and everyone (almost) gets what they want. That is of course assuming the majority of us choose to stay on Windows Phone.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 90568
This is a screenshot from facebook web pages, in the comment list of a post.
We can clearly see that Juan Mok replied to Kathy Tang's comment and Ho Lun Ng replied to Simon Leung's comment.
But the wp8.1 facebook app lacks this vision.

The Android / iOS already have this feature for quite some time. Yet WP version is still missing so much features. It's really crap.

taltrap

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to use Facebook without Facebook Messenger? I just want classic messaging on Facebook app but everytime I try to check my messages direct me to install messenger. I'm using 8.1 with Lumia 521

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to use Facebook without Facebook Messenger? I just want classic messaging on Facebook app but everytime I try to check my messages direct me to install messenger. I'm using 8.1 with Lumia 521
Unfortunately that's what facebook wants, they want messager as a standalone app that also integrates into facebook.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Beta Updated

v5.3 Additions:
• Updated design
• Video upload
• Messenger support
• Post detail page
• Photo commenting
• Ability to edit comments
• Tagging improvements
• Upload improvements
• Performance improvements
• “Top Stories” newsfeed and improved newsfeed ranking
• Improved “Most Recent” newsfeed
• More newsfeed content
• Profile timeline improvements
• Group feed improvements
• Event feed improvements
• Page feed improvements
• General bug fixes
• Performance improvements

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow!!!! What a messed up update with the beta version that came out tonight!!!!! First of default is the top stories and not most recent. So without paying attention I've shared something that was dated in march 2013. When I realized that it was really an old post, I went to my feed to delete it, but it is not showing at all. So I decided to uninstall the beta version and go with the official version. Went back to my feed and there it was, the march 2013 post that I've shared and I could delete it. Will wait for a major fix lol 😁

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow!!!! What a messed up update with the beta version that came out tonight!!!!! First of default is the top stories and not most recent. So without paying attention I've shared something that was dated in march 2013. When I realized that it was really an old post, I went to my feed to delete it, but it is not showing at all. So I decided to uninstall the beta version and go with the official version. Went back to my feed and there it was, the march 2013 post that I've shared and I could delete it. Will wait for a major fix lol 😁

That's why it's a beta ;) I tried it myself they're headed in the right direction though

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I posted to the comments of the original frontpage story:

YES!!! WTF Microsoft are you guys on CRACK??? Fire Joe Belfiore already, that guy is a mess... Excited about the changes I downloaded the beta, Ive been on the official one for months now... WTF you have to separately go through a menu to the most recent posts??? And that feed does not have controls or anything in it?

HA HA HA MICROSOFT YOU GUYS ARE BUNCH OF IDIOTS, REALLY YOU ARE! WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PROBLEM. THATS HOW YOU FIX THINGS, YOU ARE ONLY WASTING TIME AND RESOURCES. POOR MANAGEMENT I GUESS!!!

----

Seriously, Ive been one of the most hardcore spoke persons for Windows Phone in my circle of friends, got many of them to buy Lumia's. I remember when one of my foreign friends who was visiting asked me, how much is Nokia paying you?

But little by little, Im getting closer to the end with patience. Microsoft does not fix things, they move back and forth all the time. Its a ******* joke seriously. Beta or not, do it right, wtf is this ****? Is useless. Who ever came up with this idea of how to implement latest stories feed should be fired because its ridicilous.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
HAHAHA SERIOUSLY, Windows Phone 8 was released October 29, 2012 and they are still strugling to get the Facebook feed right. Or cant even make the contacts keep sync with phone contacts... Its a joke, it really is... Facebook is one of the most important things on any platform now. No, not because its so ******* important thing to me, but it has the most users and usage!

Joe should be fired, he seriously should. He is a mess on managing the direction of developement. At least he should be demoted to a lower place and someone with better vision could be in charge of the big directional decisions.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok Loco5150, no offense you are absolutely entitled to your opinion as we all are. But there's a reason they have certain advisors and leadership positions in place they've done shuffling around before and it's gone both ways for them. Yeah it's taking them a while to fix things and such, but I still say better late than never. At the end of the day, that beta tag will always be a get out of jail free card.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No, the "beta" tag is not an excuse. Not when considering that Windows phone 7 was released November 8, 2010 and they cant get simpe things like the Facebook finished in 4!!!!!!!!! years... Its a joke, it really is.

They have gone back and forth too much, and that is a clear sign of poor management and LACK of clear vision.

I doubt very highly that Windows Phone will make it. I was a firm believer on it until 1-2 years ago, but now mainly because on Microsofts own impotence I doubt it. When people start to move from iOS and Android, whihch will eventually happen, something new has come along and that will be the choise.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, the "beta" tag is not an excuse. Not when considering that Windows phone 7 was released November 8, 2010 and they cant get simpe things like the Facebook finished in 4!!!!!!!!! years... Its a joke, it really is.

They have gone back and forth too much, and that is a clear sign of poor management and LACK of clear vision.

I doubt very highly that Windows Phone will make it. I was a firm believer on it until 1-2 years ago, but now mainly because on Microsofts own impotence I doubt it. When people start to move from iOS and Android, whihch will eventually happen, something new has come along and that will be the choise.

Dude, facebook can't even get facebook right. How many changes has that website gone through? Trying to keep their image and service fresh they've done a lot, trying to keep website/app parity when one changes things don't happen overnight it takes time. As for WP "getting it right" in general, yeah its been four years but Microsoft jumped into the consumer smartphone race three years after the consumer market had been established. The only reason iOS and Android are where they're at is because they laid the ground work for what a consumer smartphone is. Well correction: Apple laid the ground work, Google just copied them. That's why there's a huge preconceived notion that a smartphone is a device with a whole bunch of icons on a desktop. Not only did Microsoft jump in three years late but they introduced a revolutionary design that people didn't recognize as being a "smartphone" that slowed the adoption rate considerably. The rest is, as we all know it; history.

Last edited:

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol... Sorry man but you are wrong. Changes is not the same as going back and forth.

WP7>WP8, fail.

Then they made the hubs, then they tear it down. And I was all pro for the tearing down, the problem is not there, the problem is that how come they didnt have this vision from the start.

Good example of this is the integrated part of Facebook. Who in their right mind would ever think, that people are ok with fuctions so cripled, you always will need an second option. It was a joke. You didnt know what you should open ,the cripled integrated FB or the other ways cripled and most lagging app in the world. Integrated part would be really good if you could do the things people do with it, but no pictures in the chat, no group chats, seriously: who ever thought this is a good idea is an *****. Also the problem of updating the app should be visioned beforehand, not after! Like oooops, I didnt realize Facebook might update their backend and we are ****t. Professional people in their own expertise should vision things like this, thats why they are professionals.

You havent seen Apple make mistakes like Microsoft has made with WP. Ballmer already had to go. You dont need to be a genius to understand that WP played at least some part to it. Hahahahha maybe Big Bill tried to use he's great Windows Phone 8 device's Facebook app...

Seriously, poor vision, lack of great leadership, a leader that has a CLEAR vision and steers the boat to one direction and keeps it moving forward.

I have owned 5 companies in the past 14 years, my own small things. These type of things that they are doing with WP, would be unexcusable in any of my small projects. And the resources that they have, wow, seriously. 4 years in to Windows Phone, and my contacts cant keep sync with the phone contacts... "sorry we arent able to sync right now, try again later" and when finally they are synced, they loose it again at somepoint.

Last edited:

SyntacticSyntax

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow!!!! What a messed up update with the beta version that came out tonight!!!!! First of default is the top stories and not most recent. So without paying attention I've shared something that was dated in march 2013. When I realized that it was really an old post, I went to my feed to delete it, but it is not showing at all. So I decided to uninstall the beta version and go with the official version. Went back to my feed and there it was, the march 2013 post that I've shared and I could delete it. Will wait for a major fix lol ��

they won't fix it. They want to align it with the iOS and Android FB app.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The non-beta app has changed too (not an app update, server side presumably) and the news feed is a total train wreck. It's littered with irrelevant posts without any context. The people hub seems to be drawing from this too.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It's a step in the right direction. I can now see when people liked or commented on something, and actually see what it was lol.

I don't like that most recent is its own separate screen with no options to post status or anything else. I still don't like how if you leave the app and come back it doesn't save your place in the feed. They should have the option to have the recent feed your default feed

Hopefully they can update it faster than what they've been doing.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lol... Sorry man but you are wrong. Changes is not the same as going back and forth.

WP7>WP8, fail.

Then they made the hubs, then they tear it down. And I was all pro for the tearing down, the problem is not there, the problem is that how come they didnt have this vision from the start.

Good example of this is the integrated part of Facebook. Who in their right mind would ever think, that people are ok with fuctions so cripled, you always will need an second option. It was a joke. You didnt know what you should open ,the cripled integrated FB or the other ways cripled and most lagging app in the world. Integrated part would be really good if you could do the things people do with it, but no pictures in the chat, no group chats, seriously: who ever thought this is a good idea is an *****. Also the problem of updating the app should be visioned beforehand, not after! Like oooops, I didnt realize Facebook might update their backend and we are ****t. Professional people in their own expertise should vision things like this, thats why they are professionals.

You havent seen Apple make mistakes like Microsoft has made with WP. Ballmer already had to go. You dont need to be a genius to understand that WP played at least some part to it. Hahahahha maybe Big Bill tried to use he's great Windows Phone 8 device's Facebook app...

Seriously, poor vision, lack of great leadership, a leader that has a CLEAR vision and steers the boat to one direction and keeps it moving forward.

I have owned 5 companies in the past 14 years, my own small things. These type of things that they are doing with WP, would be unexcusable in any of my small projects. And the resources that they have, wow, seriously. 4 years in to Windows Phone, and my contacts cant keep sync with the phone contacts... "sorry we arent able to sync right now, try again later" and when finally they are synced, they loose it again at somepoint.

Alright man you can think what you want to think, if it makes you happy at the end of the day to use Windows Phone then use it. If you want to switch then switch that is the beauty of free will and choice. :)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a step in the right direction. I can now see when people liked or commented on something, and actually see what it was lol.

I don't like that most recent is its own separate screen with no options to post status or anything else. I still don't like how if you leave the app and come back it doesn't save your place in the feed. They should have the option to have the recent feed your default feed

Hopefully they can update it faster than what they've been doing.

This.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6