Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. People ***** about not having iOS app parity, then when Microsoft updates the app to closer bring similarities, they then find something else to ***** about in this case it's the top news/most recent issue. I'm glad this change was reflected I enjoy being able to see what my friends like and comment on, it shows a bit of personality seeing what they think about established stories. If a friend of mine shared something and I have an opinion on that isn't strong enough to warrant me sharing it, then I'll comment on it and my other friends can see that. If I feel very strongly opinionated about that particular subject then I share the post in question, along with an appropriate comment for it. That's how I use facebook and that was my normal rhythm when I was on iOS. When I jumped back to Windows Phone a few weeks ago I was thrown off a tad by the Windows Phone app, what did I do? I DEALT with it. I'm glad it works like it does on iOS now. Those saying they're leaving go ahead it works the exact same way on competitors platforms :) if you don't like it, find a way to deal with it; stop using facebook, download a third party app anything that satisfies what you want from those services. Only oneself can know what it is they want and go after it. /rant

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's why I feel people should buy devices based on need.if they need apps like fb instagram nd all the greatest nd latest android or ios is the way.
From Windows phone

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, top stories is Facebook thing and good because then its not again some brainfart by Microsoft...

BUT

Why is my whole feed broken, also with the non beta app? They changed something in the backend and now the feed is full of stories like "this person likes this picture", but I dont know even the persons who's things surface in to my feed.

I assume others have this too?

I guess will be waiting for a fix, again...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, top stories is Facebook thing and good because then its not again some brainfart by Microsoft...

BUT

Why is my whole feed broken, also with the non beta app? They changed something in the backend and now the feed is full of stories like "this person likes this picture", but I dont know even the persons who's things surface in to my feed.

I assume others have this too?

I guess will be waiting for a fix, again...

Yes we all have it too and no there won't be a fix. Again this is a facebook thing that's how the feed works on iOS and Android as well.

SapoPT

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm the only one preferring too see Top Stories, they way it was before, sometimes I crossed against some people with 5 post in a row which was pretty annoying. With this update, that doesn't happen anymore.

Also I had a bug where the main page wasnt updating, for it to update I had to go to notifications or something, and then again open it, now that bug is solved as well

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else live tile stopped working through all of this?

Also, I noticed there are now stories in my feed that I can't like or comment on. I'm still using the standard facebook app, not the beta. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but as others have pointed out, it's likely a server side change.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
You can please all of the people some of the time, you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. People ***** about not having iOS app parity, then when Microsoft updates the app to closer bring similarities, they then find something else to ***** about in this case it's the top news/most recent issue. I'm glad this change was reflected I enjoy being able to see what my friends like and comment on, it shows a bit of personality seeing what they think about established stories. If a friend of mine shared something and I have an opinion on that isn't strong enough to warrant me sharing it, then I'll comment on it and my other friends can see that. If I feel very strongly opinionated about that particular subject then I share the post in question, along with an appropriate comment for it. That's how I use facebook and that was my normal rhythm when I was on iOS. When I jumped back to Windows Phone a few weeks ago I was thrown off a tad by the Windows Phone app, what did I do? I DEALT with it. I'm glad it works like it does on iOS now. Those saying they're leaving go ahead it works the exact same way on competitors platforms :) if you don't like it, find a way to deal with it; stop using facebook, download a third party app anything that satisfies what you want from those services. Only oneself can know what it is they want and go after it. /rant

Just because you like it this way doesn't make it right. I like having the option to select Top Stories or Most Recent. Even on the computer I always set it to Most Recent. I want the same option on my WP app. I like seeing events in chronological order. I could care less if one of my friends "likes" a photo. And I don't care to see posts from three weeks ago pop up. If I enjoyed it that much, I would have commented on it the first go around, and if someone comments, I get a notification on my world icon. I can then choose to look at it or not.

And count me in as one that never says "I wish this app was like ios/android". I've never used iphone or android and I have no idea how their apps function. I want WP apps to have full functionality, but if they handle it differently than the competition, fine.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just because you like it this way doesn't make it right. I like having the option to select Top Stories or Most Recent.

I understand me liking it doesn't make it right what I am saying is, the proprietor of services developing their own app as they wish makes it right. That's the way facebook wants it, that's why that's how it is on iOS/Android and that's why it's like that on Windows Phone now. Let me reiterate, if you don't like what facebook has to offer, either stop using their services, or stop using their app and find another method to access their services in a way you find comfortable. It would be a different story if facebook was pulling a twitter/snapchat where 3rd party apps aren't permitted and proprietary apps either suck or aren't there at all, but it isn't there are a host of third party fb apps that work as people want them to.

PRayner

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using the Most Recent feed (Facebook Beta) since the changes to the default feed.
It has been working just fine for me...until yesterday!

Now my Most Recent feed is a blank screen.
My "Close Friends" and "Acquaintances" feeds work okay. My Top Stories (default) feed is displaying okay.

I see the Facebook banner across the top of the screen, then a light grey panel takes up the rest - nothing in that panel at all.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the issue is still there.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using the Most Recent feed (Facebook Beta) since the changes to the default feed.
It has been working just fine for me...until yesterday!

Now my Most Recent feed is a blank screen.
My "Close Friends" and "Acquaintances" feeds work okay. My Top Stories (default) feed is displaying okay.

I see the Facebook banner across the top of the screen, then a light grey panel takes up the rest - nothing in that panel at all.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the issue is still there.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Still problem here. People Hub is not working too. Using Facebook BETA. Looks like the MS servers are not receiving updates from Facebook. Couldn't be Facebook issue because Facebook is updating well on my Nexus 7 and Note 4.

This show how bad it is with Windows Phone depending on 3rd party apps. Before someone telling me that WP Facebook is an official app from Facebook, it is NOT. Because Facebook on Windows 8.1 is working fine and that's the official one from Facebook.

How to expect WP to bloom when its apps are really so lousy.....

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my Facebook app is all kind of fubar.... Recent stories doesn't work in fb beta (blank screen) and my close friends feed only shows stuff from one person ......

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ugghh this app is completely useless to me now and I don't care to use slow JDB Web wrappers or the mobile site. Fix the “Most Recent” newsfeed!!!

Can someone from WindowsCentral please check into this issue and provide some feedback to WP users? I've already tweeted Joe Belfiore. :asleep:

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed it's working again. Bout time. Only problem now is I'm seeing more and more crap posts on the Most Recent feed. I don't care to see every single like that pages I follow like. Annoying!

Facebook is really trying to get people to stop using their service!!!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So I noticed something while hangin out with my cousin, I was playing around with the iPhone 6 he had gotten himself for Christmas and was on facebook with both devices (his account on his phone my account on my 635) I noticed that neither the facebook nor messenger apps utilize the "online now" APIs as I was using both of them and not once did I ever appear online on my cousin's iPhone. I subsequently confirmed this on my mother's and sister's Android phones. Is this an issue on my end only? Or are Windows Phone users forever doomed to the "incognito" mode for facebook?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss