Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Gosh.... I think MS has abandon this app.... No more improvements made to this app. Comparing to Facebook on my Note 4, this is truly a piece of BS! Notifications opens in the browser most of the time instead within the app. Still cannot reply to comments made to posts. Every action require loading and refreshing..... Not only Windows Phone, even the official app on Windows 8.1 desktop are not updating anymore. Has Facebook given up on Windows Phones and Windows? Do you guys still think Universal apps will help?

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that once facebook is connected to people hub you get an unfiltered feed in there and a filtered feed in the app.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite conceded about the updates. Its been about 4 months since the last beta and stable update. They went back to their old ways again.

PNewark

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who receives notifications for irrelevant posts? For example, it'll say "Person X has posted a status update", and then I open the app and the status has nothing to do with me. Its happening more and more, I feel like its Facebook trying to claw people back who might be leaving or not using the app much. Any recommendations for a better app that wont do this?

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean unfiltered feed?

It seems that in the facebook app I only see feeds from my friends who have posted on the facebook and if one of my friend commented on other friend.

In the people hub's feed I see feeds from all my friends commented on all the people that I do not know of. So this seems either app is filtering this or something is not correct in my settings.

Have anyone noticed this behavior?

wprocks

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
One more thing. I see birthday notifiations working good but when I click on it, it takes me to an event page which is not necessary.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
One more thing. I see birthday notifiations working good but when I click on it, it takes me to an event page which is not necessary.

Ditto. Is just so frustrating using Facebook app on Windows Phone..... Simply too crappy. And it seems like MS not going to give a hoot about the app anymore.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who receives notifications for irrelevant posts? For example, it'll say "Person X has posted a status update", and then I open the app and the status has nothing to do with me. Its happening more and more, I feel like its Facebook trying to claw people back who might be leaving or not using the app much. Any recommendations for a better app that wont do this?

I am having the same annoying issue! I've tried to turn it off through the app and via online but I still get them!

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same annoying issue! I've tried to turn it off through the app and via online but I still get them!

I get them as well. The issue is, they show up as toasts, but don't show up in the app under the notifications pane. On my android and ios phones, the I get the same notifications, but they also show up in the notifications pane, but have a different colored background. I have a feeling the toast notifications and the notifications pane in the app are fed by two different APIs, and MS hasn't updated the app notification pane to show all notifications.

On a related note, when I click birthday notifications, it looks like it's going to open a persons page, but then it just shows a blank generic profile page with an error to try again later.

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the FB app is kind of weird notifications wise. Being unable to share a post in a group or someone else wall is also very frustrating. And being unable to upload or open documents. (pdf at least, not sure about the others)

I was wondering, is there some way to make a browser tile (IE or UC), that is set on FB page, to act like an open window in desktop windows? To automatically refresh tile upon each new notification? That would be pretty cool and it would solve the need to use FB app?

?and the Messenger app. Which too has its share of problems. For instance, most of the times I have to exit a particular chat (to recent window) in order to see new messages of the same chat. Because, for some reason, it just randomly doesn?t display some of the new messages if I keep the chat open. Only upon re-entering the chat do they all appear? Notifications for those messages sometimes arrive, and sometimes they don?t. For now it seems that this is completely random. Bizarre!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
…and the Messenger app. Which too has its share of problems. For instance, most of the times I have to exit a particular chat (to recent window) in order to see new messages of the same chat. Because, for some reason, it just randomly doesn’t display some of the new messages if I keep the chat open. Only upon re-entering the chat do they all appear… Notifications for those messages sometimes arrive, and sometimes they don’t. For now it seems that this is completely random. Bizarre!

What I'm very pissed with the Messenger is that I need to wait for the new messages to be loaded whenever I launched the app. On Android, the messages are already downloaded and ready to be view. Hence, I don't see any "delays" when reading messages on Android.

I'm really looking forward into porting Facebook and Messenger over from Android. The current ones are really bad.

patrickg25

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Facebook app is miles away from other OS's app! The upload is a pain in the ***, there's no 'What are you doing?' option when posting a status (feeling..., listening to..., watching..., etc.), the News Feed is very limited, I only see few posts compared to the web version, no friend/page suggestions, very bare! I rarely use the app! If it wasn't for People Hub I would've uninstalled this worthless app.
Messenger sucks too. You can't actually switch accounts unlike in IOS and Android! I once logged out of my Facebook app but the Messenger didn't log out, and it seems like there's no option for it at all! Chat heads are useful and I always felt envious of Android and IOS users about it, but it's probably not gonna happen since WP is different, plus the notification feature for Win10 can fill the chat head responsibilities like showing all the text and replying back without opening the app.
That's all.
Microsoft needs to port the Facebook app from the other two OS because from what I see they're already losing. Or let Facebook do the app and collaborate for the people hub feature? Do what it takes you're losing people!!!

Delta S4

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. It?s annoying little things like that that are driving people away from WP. And I?m sure they could be easily remedied if only people in Microsoft would pull their heads out of their ? wherever they are keeping them. :smile:

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if it is me or facebook messenger (however I still blame facebook messenger) that there is no ability to type in landscape mode?! It is grossly annoying to type in portrait mode.

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Facebook app: Absolutely painful to deal with ... Uploading is too bad 🙅 it is bad that I can't change my profile picture easily, all the rich status features we find in all platforms and on the web are absent 😞 ... and it's totally annoying that the news feed isn't that rich compared to web!!.
The Holy 'Messenger' ... It is a TOTAL FAIL ,.., no landscape mode, absolutely SLOW ... (I knw on lower end is slow) ... But on my 930 still shows waaay slower performance than the android version I've tried on Samsung Note 4 .... Uploading pictures is totally inconvenient, only limited to probably 5 or 6 at most .... It uses the battery way more than any app!! About 3x more than the second most app uses it! ... The cache is & in most of times doesn't update periodically, I mean the profile pictures change doesn't show up till I reinstall it!!.
UPDATES ARE MORE THAN NEEDED TO RESOLVE THESE CATASTROPHIC FAILS.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is getting worse.... Now I see the message "We are having trouble getting data" when trying to read comments of a facebook group. More like WP users are in deep troubles using Windows Phones instead.... /s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea