Facebook : features, discussions, rants, issues, solutions

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to share something on a page you manage? I manage a facebook page for a website I own and need this functionality. For instance, I may see something on my personal Facebook feed and want to share it on the facebook business page. On Android I just select share > write post > choose the page I manage. Takes seconds. On the Facebook windows phone app I cannot seem to find a way to do that. I've even download the facebook beta from the app store. Any ideas on a solution?

Otherwise it will be back to Android for me.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
They haven't updated the beta app in over 4 months and the stable app since 3 months so not sure when they will add some features you want, although you can send them feedback by going to settings in the app by either email or the uservoice page.

Piachu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you think we'll ever gonna get mood, doing, feeling... options in writing posts?
Or do we need to wait to Windows 10 and install Facebook from Android?

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had the error "We can't refresh the News Feed right now. Try again in a few minutes." constantly. I've tried both the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps, same issue on both.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I knew there would be a rant thread on FB somewhere :) and I finally found it all 51 pages of it :) So Facebook finally got a new facelift. At first I LOVED the new look and feel I was so excited and then I got the lovely banner that saus We were able to sync right now Please try again later. This happens literally almost everytime I open the app. Highly annoying.

I juggle between the app and just going out to it through Edge. I really wish we would stop being the ******* step children of apps :( Improve Facebook PLEASE

George Manologlou

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
The last few days I use the latest (Beta suppose) Facebook 10.1

The new facelift is much better that the one I had on windows 8.1. The second surprise is that the videos now open in the facebook app and they don't need to use the edge browser.

The main problems that still exists are:
1. Too buggy - lags (There are times that it just cannot synchronise and some other times that you wait for centuries to load a profile and it just throw you away and closes the app.)
2. I have many friends (because of my work) and I see in my news feed the most unknown persons and not my friends that I usually communicate.
3. I use the "mood reaction" the most of the times when I want to post something in my wall and until now there is no option for that in this facebook edition.

I read somewhere that Microsoft & Facebook preparing a new universal app for FB, FB messenger and Instagram. Is that true? and if it is do we know about how much time will take them to release the universal apps?

I know that the most of you will think that the app of Facebook is a minor problem and there are more serious matters to solve in the new windows 10 OS but for me is part of my job and the most important way to advertise myself.
Thank you for your time.

Radu Visa

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Wondering the exact same thing, when are they going to release the universal app although I believe the new app on windows phone IS the new universal app and the its counterpart from the desktop is in beta with just a few ppl having access to it. The most important problem for me is MISSING FEEDS. This makes the app USELESS. I go on a group and half of the feeds are missing pictures, then show most recent still stuff is missing compared to web. Who thinks FB app is just a minor problem of windows phone they are dead wrong. Do not forget almost everyone is using FB and it can be a reason to switch for many.

Last edited:

George Manologlou

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Wondering the exact same thing, when are they going to release the universal app although I believe the new app on windows phone IS the new universal app and the its counterpart from the desktop is in beta with just a few ppl having access to it. The most important problem for me is MISSING FEEDS. This makes the app USELESS. I go on a group and half of the feeds are missing pictures, then show most recent still stuff is missing compared to web. Who thinks FB app is just a minor problem of windows phone they are dead wrong. Do not forget almost everyone is using FB and it can be a reason to switch for many.

Totally agree with you! The next bug is that when I try to comment to a friends post it says "Posting...." and it stays there for couple of minutes without doing anything or responding to anything. After that the app closes.
Also it takes too much time to load mine or someone else's profile, it takes too much time to load all the feeds, it shows me the most unimportant feed by the most irrelevant friends and it forces me to use m.facebook.

I suppose all these problems will have an end in the near future. The programmers seems to work on the project and I just can't wait to see the final universal app or this app without all these bugs. I prefer Windows 10 OS than android or iOS and if they upgrade their basic and social applications it would be a reason to stay here for many years.

Radu Visa

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I really hope the new FB app it will not be another disappointment, right now I'm using FB more within the browser or with "black for facebook" instead of the official app all this because of missing feeds. I'm planning to upgrade to 950XL in 2 months when the prices go down a bit and pass the 930 to my wife but I think she is going to smash it in my head because the app she's using most is FB

NDSTRCTBL

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
accessing my second page

I have a "second" page I use to showcase my artwork. I can't access it as "mine" (like posting content as an admin). It shows up in my "groups" list, but when I hit the link, it brings me there as just someone clicking thru. If I open FB in the web browser, I don't have this issue. Is there a setting im missing in the Windows FB app?

Radu Visa

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: accessing my second page

The FB app is CRAP, not surprised that you are having issues with it. Use the app for notifications and browser for everything else, maybe pin a tile with the FB link on start. Try maybe black for facebook app but I prefer the browser. Hopefully they will release this universal app soon which will fix at least the missing feeds.

GoodEyeSniper83

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

My FB app seems to have switched to the beta mode, which I tried and hated so I went back to the original app. I'm not really sure when this happened or why. It's terrible!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's the same version. Is this the "real" version now?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

My FB app seems to have switched to the beta mode, which I tried and hated so I went back to the original app. I'm not really sure when this happened or why. It's terrible!

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it's the same version. Is this the "real" version now?

download the beta its ahead of the main app and it has new features like reply to comments etc and its more stable than the "official" app

GoodEyeSniper83

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

download the beta its ahead of the main app and it has new features like reply to comments etc and its more stable than the "official" app

Can you remind me where to get that? I'm in the insider program, but the beta version doesn't show up in the store like it did before. It's probably just as well that I don't have it on my phone... New Years resolution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss