Firefox for Windows phone 8

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
When I try to install the Firefox app it gives me an error message telling me I don't have permission to download this app. This is on the U.K. store.
I'm wondering how the developer was able to get away with using the Firefox name and logo.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not true ... if you try to download xap file - it works well, so it is just closed beta ... I have installed it and it is OK, but no idea is it really "Firefox" based or not :)

Just send your e-mail (live id) to developer and you will get a download link to install it ...

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
He has to give you permission first must wait for him to pm you.
And it is not blocked because its still a closed beta.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand what the issue is with IE? I like it alot, but could need some UI improvements.
for me that's really the only thing bothering me.. I don't care about syncing cookies or bookmarks with chrome etc like you can on chrome browser on iOS but just an good solid metro UI with all the buttons I need

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have never liked any non-standard browsers for Android or WP. I was shocked at how crappy UC Browser was. DL'ed it right after a very positive WP Central article thought the author and all the reviewers were on crack. I havent felt the need to try it again. I browse heavily too and the stock browser does the job.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have never liked any non-standard browsers for Android or WP. I was shocked at how crappy UC Browser was. DL'ed it right after a very positive WP Central article thought the author and all the reviewers were on crack. I havent felt the need to try it again. I browse heavily too and the stock browser does the job.

Interesting. I actually think UC Browser for WP is rather good and prefer it over IE10. Obviously each person has their own tastes but I'd be interested in what you particularly dislike about UC Browser.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Without its extensions, Firefox is nothing. It's power resides on its addon ecosystem. I've been using Firefox exclusively for almost a decade and I hope it comes (with all of its addons!) to WP8 someday. But I think it will take a long time....if ever. VLC, on the other hand, is right around the corner. I can almost smell it. :smile:

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I actually think UC Browser for WP is rather good and prefer it over IE10. Obviously each person has their own tastes but I'd be interested in what you particularly dislike about UC Browser.

I like UC but its good only for mobile sites. On desktop sites, it is always crashing for me.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ill try it again to see if it has been updated. It was a long time ago when I tried it but the UI was bad in my opinion and I did not like how my favorites sites were displayed at all. I tried it for 5 minutes and uninstalled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos