So I found this app on Windows Phone Store:

Authenticator | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

It's an official Microsoft app (released five days ago) that generates time based one time codes, just like Google Authenticator on Android/iOS and older third-party Authenticator apps on the store.

Now here is the description:

"The Authenticator app generates security codes you can use to help keep your Microsoft account secure. You can add your Microsoft account to the app by scanning a barcode or by manually entering a secret key. The app implements industry-standard security code generation and may also work with other services and providers. You can learn more about keeping your Microsoft account secure at https://account.live.com/p."

I've tried it and it works just like similar apps. Dropbox, Gmail, Facebook etc. work fine. But of course I found no setting in my Microsoft account that enables the feature. Are Microsoft finally planning "real" multi factor authentication? Right now they only offer a solution where they send you a text message when accessing your billing settings, but no general solution.

I tipped WPC about it btw because I have not found any news or other info about it, they didn't seem interested though.
    04-09-2013 06:20 AM
    It doesn't work, or I have no idea to work it out, it keeps saying security key is invalid
    04-09-2013 06:41 AM
    04-09-2013 06:52 AM