Geico App Removed

anon(5803215)

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the GEICO app has been pulled from the Windows Phone store. For anyone who is not in the US GEICO is a major car insurance company here. I am very disappointed that they will stop supporting WP platform. I hope major corporations will not follow along with GEICO as my only issue since moving to WP is getting apps from major companies. If you are also a GEICO customer and feel the same way you can complain to GEICO here. Anyone use this app?

wp_ss_20130411_0001.jpg

Thanks,
Brian

rebel_yell

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to pay my bill this morning by using my Geico app when I received that little notification you displayed. I am going to write them a letter asking for an explanation. If I am not satisfied I will then inform them of my intent to find the services of a different insurance provider. If you think I am only mildly pissed, you would be mildly right. Geico, please to be sticking your little green gecko and idiotic pig right up your *** you wiper of other peoples bottoms.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunate. I'm not a developer but I can't imagine it was that expensive to keep this app operational even if the user base was small. A company this size needs to be able to handle their clients needs from all ecosystems. Hopefully they are just making a modification or something unexpected happened and it will return. I will email them now as well.

rebel_yell

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the exact same sentiment. Come on Geico, you can't spare a few bucks to support this app? A WinP 7 app for crying out loud. Look up the definition of "cheap *******" and you'll find 1) Geico.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Wound up getting a killer deal thru eSurance. Saving $500 a year from Geico and getting renters insurance. Plus they have a WP8 app.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Just saw the new geico app commercial on tv. And guess what phone was the pig holding? A windows phone. Wtf. They don't even have an app. So mad..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos