04-16-2013 09:16 PM
78 1234
tools
    I've also been thinking the same. There's clearly some interest at stake here... Which is rather sad really
    but you've proven yourself to be an ***** so your opinion doesn't count.
    04-13-2013 05:03 AM
    but you've proven yourself to be an ***** so your opinion doesn't count.
    Actually unless he's breaking rules his opinion is just as valuable as yours.
    04-13-2013 05:07 AM
    Actually unless he's breaking rules his opinion is just as valuable as yours.
    i know, just fed up with his constant bullsh*t and whining.
    04-13-2013 05:27 AM
    i know, just fed up with his constant bullsh*t and whining.
    I can understand that don't worry. But you just gotta deal with it unfortunately. If he breaks rules then a mod can step in and deal with it.
    04-13-2013 05:42 AM
    I've also been thinking the same. There's clearly some interest at stake here... Which is rather sad really
    That's a big finger you have pointing there hows about you justify your comment? What is at stake here is your credibility. Define clearly...what is the clear interest you speak of.
    Laura Knotek and TonyDedrick like this.
    04-13-2013 06:31 AM
    That's a big finger you have pointing there hows about you justify your comment? What is at stake here is your credibility. Define clearly...what is the clear interest you speak of.
    Well I did not imply the interest was financial or anything like that.
    Rubino already said some posts ago he wasnt getting any financial income from this and told his reasons, I just think that it is rather unusual for WPCentral to advertise so much, created so must talk around and app, and today even a new forum area.
    I mean, it's an app, that costs 2,49 to upload a photo, no browsing, commenting, etc etc, just uploading, which can be easily done with bluestacks.

I just dont honestly get why the fuss is all about to justify all this
    Plus, I wasnt the one creating the thread, not to mention the guy above insulting me and such. I dont think I ever insulted anyone here so I guess that shows what kind of person he is
    04-13-2013 08:39 AM
    Well I did not imply the interest was financial or anything like that.
    Rubino already said some posts ago he wasnt getting any financial income from this and told his reasons, I just think that it is rather unusual for WPCentral to advertise so much, created so must talk around and app, and today even a new forum area.
    I mean, it's an app, that costs 2,49 to upload a photo, no browsing, commenting, etc etc, just uploading, which can be easily done with bluestacks.

I just dont honestly get why the fuss is all about to justify all this
    Plus, I wasnt the one creating the thread, not to mention the guy above insulting me and such. I dont think I ever insulted anyone here so I guess that shows what kind of person he is
    I will explain it again.

This is a popular topic.

The developer is asking for an opportunity to answer your questions.

Its that simple. No hidden agenda here. If the developer of Whatsapp will contact me and offer to support his app on this site he will get a sub forum in which to do so.

If you are a developer of a popular app and you would like to have your own forum on this website in which to offer support for your app please send me a PM via the WPC private messaging system.

To address any insults or name calling this is against the forum rules. Don't do that you could receive a warning or an infraction.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-2013 08:52 AM
    I will explain it again.

This is a popular topic.

The developer is asking for an opportunity to answer your questions.

Its that simple. No hidden agenda here. If the developer of Whatsapp will contact me and offer to support his app on this site he will get a sub forum in which to do so.

If you are a developer of a popular app and you would like to have your own forum on this website in which to offer support for your app please send me a PM via the WPC private messaging system.

To address any insults or name calling this is against the forum rules. Don't do that you could receive a warning or an infraction.
    I didnt insult anyone, he did. Did he receive a warning? At least the insult is still there...
    04-13-2013 09:20 AM
    I didnt insult anyone, he did. Did he receive a warning? At least the insult is still there...
    My comment is his warning. My comment above is meant for everyone in this thread not just you. Again to answer your question he did get a warning in my last post.

I guess it would have been clearer if I had said "Written Warning" instead of just warning.
    04-13-2013 09:50 AM
    I'm sorry I called him an *****, I was just tired of all crap and clueless speculations. Apologies.
    04-13-2013 12:51 PM
    No need for the snark, it wasn't a call-out thread. All I wanted to know was if the site received funding from this or any other apps, good to hear that you do not.

thanks
    So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important? Seriously.
    I know after over 400 posts you've made here you've seen the hundreds of posts asking for Instagram on this platform. We are fortunate to have developers with the skills, time and talent to stand in the breech and fill the need. No different than those devs to dropped several versions of Pandora, SpeedTest, Youtube, etc on the platform before it was officially released.
    I'm glad WPCentral have those relationships with the dev community myself. Extremely grateful. I could give a dog gone if it helps pay for net traffic or a hot dog at an event they cover FOR US.
    04-13-2013 10:50 PM
    To make users more happy ? I think WPCentral made less deal about it because ALMOST EVERY iOS/Android user constantly whine about lack of instagram on WP and always talk about it.

This will stop all BS
    04-13-2013 11:00 PM
    Disappointed that "interest" was used to justify this. That's venturing into clickbait territory. In my opinion, it's simple: don't write a bunch of teaser articles and act as a company's hype machine. That's not what a news publication is for. Regular updates and communication can be had via other means, such as these very forums! Maybe if the developer subforums weren't buried below a bajillion device subforums, you might actually see them used.
    JonnieLasVegas likes this.
    04-13-2013 11:19 PM
    Doesn't matter if there's interest, announce stuff when it's ready. Don't write a bunch of teaser articles and act as the company's hype machine, that's not what a news publication is for.
    Well , Compared to Siri , anything is less in hype.
    :)
    AngryNil likes this.
    04-13-2013 11:22 PM
    Fair enough, there is a bunch of hype out there.

However, I will have to take issue with your statement that "this will stop all BS". I think that's part of the argument here. If Instagraph came out and worked seamlessly, very few would be concerned. The fact of the matter, unfortunately for the developers, is that it was released really buggy and feature incomplete. That is probably what rubs people the wrong way. Why hold out a far-from-perfect client on a pedestal, when tomorrow you might write a negative review about a broken game and hurt that developer and its sales?

So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important?
    Heard of conflict of interest? It's actually a pretty big deal. I don't want to be reading a bunch of paid advertisements, I want to read the honest opinions of other human beings.
    04-13-2013 11:33 PM

However, I will have to take issue with your statement that "this will stop all BS". I think that's part of the argument here. If Instagraph came out and worked seamlessly, very few would be concerned. The fact of the matter, unfortunately for the developers, is that it was released really buggy and feature incomplete. That is probably what rubs people the wrong way. Why hold out a far-from-perfect client on a pedestal, when tomorrow you might write a negative review about a broken game and hurt that developer and its sales?

Heard of conflict of interest? It's actually a pretty big deal. I don't want to be reading a bunch of paid advertisements, I want to read the honest opinions of other human beings.
    Explain the conflict on a privately owned website?
    04-14-2013 12:47 AM
    Explain the conflict on a privately owned website?
    Say what? Company pays writer → writer has conflict of interest when writing a story about the company. Don't see how that is affected by private ownership, almost all news sites are privately owned and ethics statements are important for every single one of them.
    04-14-2013 01:26 AM
    I like what Instagraph developers have accomplished but this app is a massive rip-off. I've honestly not seen a more featureless 'paid' app before. 3 uploads per day, no ability to comment or anything, server downtimes etc etc.

P.S I don't see any special interest for WPCentral here. The only reason why this app is getting the attention is because it's doing something NO OTHER APP can do. I think's that deserves a few posts, no?
    Dave Blake likes this.
    04-14-2013 05:22 AM
    Personally I don't care that u can't view or comment on instagraph, I just share pics and use wpgram for the rest. I think the devs should focus on getting the uploading to work without hiccups b4 adding new features.
    nizzon likes this.
    04-14-2013 05:46 AM
    Lol, so many conspiracy theories, thought I was bad. It's simplest answer is always right. Do you believe that WPC has a secret agenda so they can make money or is it just because people are interested so they write the articles. I would say the latter.
    04-14-2013 06:02 AM
    Say what? Company pays writer → writer has conflict of interest when writing a story about the company. Don't see how that is affected by private ownership, almost all news sites are privately owned and ethics statements are important for every single one of them.
    You have a big pointing finger to. How's about some proof... you don't have any because their isn't any. Post proof or don't post. Your negative attacks are false and will no longer be tolerated.
    04-14-2013 07:33 AM
    I think some folks on the internet have way too much time on their hands, lol
    04-14-2013 07:37 AM

And WPC came back with a piece stating the apps' issues. So I still don't see the issue here
    Dave Blake likes this.
    04-14-2013 07:54 AM
    Facebook bought Instagram last year for 1 million $ and has done nothing with it yet. Instagram has no path for producing income other that the appp cost, In the future there will probably be ads.
    Was the beast deal facebook made in years. It gave them back more than people realize. Look at the permissions for the instagram app(google play as apple does not have permission lists). You will be horrified how the instagram app is allowed access everywhere in your phone. It can look at what apps you are running etc.

This knowledge about what users is doing where the users is (it's geographic coordinates) what apps does he uses are invaluable especially to facebook. Without this info facebook could have never made facebook home.

So instagram is not about producing money from direct sales(selling the app) but from providing data to be mined and allowing other services to use those informations to sell you stuff or to better target you for advertisements.
    04-14-2013 09:58 AM
    Jesus Dave Blake, you really like to tell people their fingers are big... at least wasnt me this time =P
    04-14-2013 10:21 AM
78 1234