04-16-2013 09:16 PM
78 1234
tools
    Jesus Dave Blake, you really like to tell people their fingers are big... at least wasnt me this time =P
    lol... maybe I am overcompensating or something...
    04-14-2013 10:46 AM
    I think the first problem in all of this, was this teasing post and then the long void with no progress after it. I followed Rubino's coverage closely, and I don't think it was too much in general.

An exclusive teasing post like this creates interest (click bait), which generates revenue for the page. I really don't want to claim that this was the goal of his initial post, but it's something that led to financial gain for WPCentral. After this there was the post that this app will be published, which I find okay. However, following this 'presentation' there was a long delay in which the developer just wasn't ready, and all the updates on the topic made by Rubino transformed him into "the inofficial spokesman of Instragraph" as written by another Windows Phone Blog.

Maybe the developers of Instragraph and Rubino should just have waited a little bit longer with starting to hype this application.

And finally there's the last problem: This app is a heavy workaround (for a pretty steep price, not measured by the effort put into making it possible, but in comparison to other platforms and the provided functionality) and it's even proudly emphasized that it does it in a way that can't be blocked by Instagram. Every blog except of WPCentral discussed this very controversially, Rubino didn't.

So did Rubino or WPCentral anything wrong? In my eyes not really. But did they do the coverage in a slightly awkward way that can make people think? Yes they did.

And let's not forget: The whole Instragram situation is very polarizing anyway, with three groups of people: The ones that really, really want it, the ones that really, really hate it, and the ones that just don't care. So controversial opinions should be expected from the beginning.
    Garghas and Vavali like this.
    04-14-2013 10:47 AM
    I'm just glad we at least have an option to upload pics to IG.
    04-14-2013 10:48 AM
    I think the first problem in all of this, was this teasing post and then the long void with no progress after it. I followed Rubino's coverage closely, and I don't think it was too much in general.

An exclusive teasing post like this creates interest (click bait), which generates revenue for the page. I really don't want to claim that this was the goal of his initial post, but it's something that led to financial gain for WPCentral. After this there was the post that this app will be published, which I find okay. However, following this 'presentation' there was a long delay in which the developer just wasn't ready, and all the updates on the topic made by Rubino transformed him into "the inofficial spokesman of Instragraph" as written by another Windows Phone Blog.

Maybe the developers of Instragraph and Rubino should just have waited a little bit longer with starting to hype this application.

And finally there's the last problem: This app is a heavy workaround (for a pretty steep price, not measured by the effort put into making it possible, but in comparison to other platforms and the provided functionality) and it's even proudly emphasized that it does it in a way that can't be blocked by Instagram. Every blog except of WPCentral discussed this very controversially, Rubino didn't.

So did Rubino or WPCentral anything wrong? In my eyes not really. But did they do the coverage in a slightly awkward way that can make people think? Yes they did.

And let's not forget: The whole Instragram situation is very polarizing anyway, with three groups of people: The ones that really, really want it, the ones that really, really hate it, and the ones that just don't care. So controversial opinions should be expected from the beginning.
    This post expresses everything I think about this all situation
    +1
    04-14-2013 10:52 AM
    This post expresses everything I think about this all situation
    +1
    I don't get it. A week or two (maybe more) ago, a post was made about a whatsapp update coming with fixes, new emoticons etc. It still has not been released as yet, but when it does, you can bet your bottom dollar WPCentral will have a post on it.

Does this mean they are biased to WhatsApp as well? Because this is basically the same "awkward coverage". Because right now, I'm very interested in the upcoming WhatsApp version.

Don't get why you guys can't be happy for the platform. This is a break for us. How are you so oblivious to this and on top of that have the audacity to say WPCentral is getting revenue because they announced a workaround for a (as some would say), "make or break app" for the platform?
    04-14-2013 10:59 AM
    I don't get it. A week or two (maybe more) ago, a post was made about a whatsapp update coming with fixes, new emoticons etc. It still has not been released as yet, but when it does, you can bet your bottom dollar WPCentral will have a post on it.

Does this mean they are biased to WhatsApp as well? Because this is basically the same "awkward coverage". Because right now, I'm very interested in the upcoming WhatsApp version.

Don't get why you guys can't be happy for the platform. This is a break for us. How are you so oblivious to this and on top of that have the audacity to say WPCentral is getting revenue because they announced a workaround for a (as some would say), "make or break app" for the platform?
    This is not a breakthrough for anyone. It's an app that uploads photos, ONLY, same as bluestacks on pc, costs 2,49 to do that, and if anything only helps the others make fun of us.
    Some friends of mine with Android and iOS were laughing, saying WP users are so desperate for apps that they even pay money for such a thing...
    04-14-2013 11:03 AM
    This is not a breakthrough for anyone. It's an app that uploads photos, ONLY, same as bluestacks on pc, costs 2,49 to do that, and if anything only helps the others make fun of us.
    Some friends of mine with Android and iOS were laughing, saying WP users are so desperate for apps that they even pay money for such a thing...
    If you bothered to read any of the WPCentral posts rather than quick to point fingers, you would know that an update will come to view as well. It's the first version.
    04-14-2013 11:06 AM

The main difference, at least for me, is that Whatsapp is an official and free app, while Instagraph is an expensive inofficial workaround (I've read 'hack' a few time on other pages) that didn't really work well in the beginning. There was an excess of bad coverage on other pages, and I think a lot of it was due to the hype created by WPCentral. A lot of it was probably based on a competitive thought and not really fair, unfortunately that doesn't change anything.

I am really not sure how much this situation helps the platform. But then again, I am just expressing my feelings towards this, that doesn't mean I am right.
    04-14-2013 11:09 AM
    If you bothered to read any of the WPCentral posts rather than quick to point fingers, you would know that an update will come to view as well. It's the first version.
    Ahhh yes, an update.
    Eventually an update comes to everything in life I guess... We will be here to judge the date when that "update" arrives.

Just remember, oficial Instagram comes in May
    04-14-2013 11:10 AM
    I just hope the developer responds to the questions that we have posted. When will the 3 limit upload be lifted.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    04-14-2013 11:23 AM
    lol... maybe I am overcompensating or something...
    For having small toes
    04-14-2013 11:37 AM
    I was going to say.... "I'm surprised this thread is still going", but then WPC would probably be accused of trying to cover up things.

The accusations never stop. I bought the app and I'm sure a lot of other folks did as well, whether they like or dislike the app. Interest!

In America, on ESPN, they cover the NFL, NBA and the MLB more than any other sport. Why is that? Because it's what lot of of Americans in the U.S. are interested in. You go to Spain or Brazil, it's soccer (aka futbol) that is being covered. They go where the interest is.

With the news, 90% (or more) of what is being covered is happy-go-lucky news. It's about negative or bad things that are happening. Why? Because it drives interest.
    04-14-2013 11:45 AM
    Ahhh yes, an update.
    Eventually an update comes to everything in life I guess... We will be here to judge the date when that "update" arrives.

Just remember, oficial Instagram comes in May
    Where is your source that Instagram is coming in May?
    04-14-2013 12:16 PM
    Where is your source that Instagram is coming in May?
    I admit, I'm curious too.
    04-14-2013 12:21 PM
    Well, my sources are really of no interest.
    Either way, it's 14 april today, may is really close. We will talk then.
    My question is, when that day comes, and theres no update other than upload 5 or 10 pics a day, will they return ppls Money?
    04-14-2013 12:51 PM
    So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important? Seriously.
    journalistic ethics in post-traditional media is actually a pretty big topic. in traditional journalism the ethics of accepting things from items you are reviewing is clear, however its not as clear in non-traditional media. as we move into more non-traditional media, this site being an example, its important to realize this as a reader to make sure that you are getting unbiased reporting.

but they very clearly said that they do not receive anything, so its not a big deal.

In America, on ESPN, they cover the NFL, NBA and the MLB more than any other sport. Why is that? Because it's what lot of of Americans in the U.S. are interested in. You go to Spain or Brazil, it's soccer (aka futbol) that is being covered. They go where the interest is.
    actually its because ESPN has a multi-billion dollar interest in seeing it succeed. Another example of this is how they handle the SEC in college football since they have a multi-billion dollar deal to broadcast it and are heavily involved in ranking schools, they will always have SEC schools top ranked and in the championship game. ESPN does not have broadcast rights for NHL, so they never have news about hockey. ESPN is only about promoting ESPN products.
    04-14-2013 01:42 PM
    Well, my sources are really of no interest.
    Either way, it's 14 april today, may is really close. We will talk then.
    My question is, when that day comes, and theres no update other than upload 5 or 10 pics a day, will they return ppls Money?
    why would they do that? Tell me, plz.
    Jazmac likes this.
    04-14-2013 05:15 PM
    why would they do that? Tell me, plz.
    Because ppl bought this "app" to support the developers, hoping to see the it evolve to a full fledged Instagram unofficial app.
    In "case" the oficial app is released I dont see much point for this to continue to exist, let alone charge 2,49 for it. Expecting, as I am, that it won't go beyond the upload X pics a day for a long time, let alone to actuallybrowse, comment and so on and so forth, I feel to myself that they should return peoples money.
    Not as a legal obligation ofc, more morally.

Ofc that if I'm proven wrong, and let's say, in 3 weeks they have it fully functional, this wouldnt apply. But by then the oficial will already be near release, and who would pay 2,49 then?
    04-14-2013 05:24 PM
    This app does exactly what they promised, there is no reason to get a refund. That's crazy.
    04-14-2013 06:43 PM
    WPC reports app news... Its that simple.

I think the big issues here is $2.49/ 2,49. If that is more than you can afford or more than you want to pay then don't buy it.
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 04-14-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Jazmac likes this.
    04-14-2013 07:43 PM
    This app does exactly what they promised, there is no reason to get a refund. That's crazy.
    ^ this. They even said that they would cap it at three pics per day to begin with.
    04-15-2013 03:48 AM
    So the point of this sub forum is for the developer to respond to questions yet where are they, no other app has its own sub forum. Would like some questions answered.
    04-15-2013 06:54 PM
    Why is this thread still open ? :/
    nizzon likes this.
    04-15-2013 07:09 PM
    So the point of this sub forum is for the developer to respond to questions yet where are they, no other app has its own sub forum. Would like some questions answered.
    Exactly, many days have passed, yet, where are the devs answering?
    04-15-2013 07:57 PM
    Garghas seriously what is your problem with WPC and Instagraph? Why the witchhunt?

Your theses that this only benefits IOS/Android is such bs I dont know what to say.
    Its mindboggling why you are creating all this negativity about a feature/app that is so positive and important for the growth of WP.
    04-16-2013 04:30 AM
78 1234