What is wpcentral's relationship with Instagraph, why the extra attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No problem and sorry if offense was taken--we just get this often on the site e.g. "Why do you guys always talk about Nokia!" in comments, etc. Recently we started talking about the ATIV S more (I and Rich each bought one) and next thing you know, we're "in the bag for Samsung" which is hilarious. So it just gets tough sometimes, even if in this case it was more benign than accusatory (it's the stress, I tell you!)

But we're an open book here: if you folks have questions on how we do things, want to question our ethics/interests, please do and we'll try to answer ;)

Who makes the coffee/tea for everyone generally?

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I for one wouldn't care if you got money from dev's, you deliver an awesome up to the minute WP site with all the latest apps & news Well done wpcentral team keep up the good work.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Facebook bought Instagram last year for 1 million $ and has done nothing with it yet. Instagram has no path for producing income other that the appp cost, In the future there will probably be ads.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I've also been thinking the same. There's clearly some interest at stake here... Which is rather sad really

That's a big finger you have pointing there hows about you justify your comment? What is at stake here is your credibility. Define clearly...what is the clear interest you speak of.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
That's a big finger you have pointing there hows about you justify your comment? What is at stake here is your credibility. Define clearly...what is the clear interest you speak of.

Well I did not imply the interest was financial or anything like that.
Rubino already said some posts ago he wasnt getting any financial income from this and told his reasons, I just think that it is rather unusual for WPCentral to advertise so much, created so must talk around and app, and today even a new forum area.
I mean, it's an app, that costs 2,49 to upload a photo, no browsing, commenting, etc etc, just uploading, which can be easily done with bluestacks.

I just dont honestly get why the fuss is all about to justify all this
Plus, I wasnt the one creating the thread, not to mention the guy above insulting me and such. I dont think I ever insulted anyone here so I guess that shows what kind of person he is

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Well I did not imply the interest was financial or anything like that.
Rubino already said some posts ago he wasnt getting any financial income from this and told his reasons, I just think that it is rather unusual for WPCentral to advertise so much, created so must talk around and app, and today even a new forum area.
I mean, it's an app, that costs 2,49 to upload a photo, no browsing, commenting, etc etc, just uploading, which can be easily done with bluestacks.

I just dont honestly get why the fuss is all about to justify all this
Plus, I wasnt the one creating the thread, not to mention the guy above insulting me and such. I dont think I ever insulted anyone here so I guess that shows what kind of person he is

I will explain it again.

This is a popular topic.

The developer is asking for an opportunity to answer your questions.

Its that simple. No hidden agenda here. If the developer of Whatsapp will contact me and offer to support his app on this site he will get a sub forum in which to do so.

If you are a developer of a popular app and you would like to have your own forum on this website in which to offer support for your app please send me a PM via the WPC private messaging system.

To address any insults or name calling this is against the forum rules. Don't do that you could receive a warning or an infraction.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I will explain it again.

This is a popular topic.

The developer is asking for an opportunity to answer your questions.

Its that simple. No hidden agenda here. If the developer of Whatsapp will contact me and offer to support his app on this site he will get a sub forum in which to do so.

If you are a developer of a popular app and you would like to have your own forum on this website in which to offer support for your app please send me a PM via the WPC private messaging system.

To address any insults or name calling this is against the forum rules. Don't do that you could receive a warning or an infraction.

I didnt insult anyone, he did. Did he receive a warning? At least the insult is still there...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I didnt insult anyone, he did. Did he receive a warning? At least the insult is still there...

My comment is his warning. My comment above is meant for everyone in this thread not just you. Again to answer your question he did get a warning in my last post.

I guess it would have been clearer if I had said "Written Warning" instead of just warning.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No need for the snark, it wasn't a call-out thread. All I wanted to know was if the site received funding from this or any other apps, good to hear that you do not.

thanks
So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important? Seriously.
I know after over 400 posts you've made here you've seen the hundreds of posts asking for Instagram on this platform. We are fortunate to have developers with the skills, time and talent to stand in the breech and fill the need. No different than those devs to dropped several versions of Pandora, SpeedTest, Youtube, etc on the platform before it was officially released.
I'm glad WPCentral have those relationships with the dev community myself. Extremely grateful. I could give a dog gone if it helps pay for net traffic or a hot dog at an event they cover FOR US.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
To make users more happy ? I think WPCentral made less deal about it because ALMOST EVERY iOS/Android user constantly whine about lack of instagram on WP and always talk about it.

This will stop all BS

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Disappointed that "interest" was used to justify this. That's venturing into clickbait territory. In my opinion, it's simple: don't write a bunch of teaser articles and act as a company's hype machine. That's not what a news publication is for. Regular updates and communication can be had via other means, such as these very forums! Maybe if the developer subforums weren't buried below a bajillion device subforums, you might actually see them used.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough, there is a bunch of hype out there.

However, I will have to take issue with your statement that "this will stop all BS". I think that's part of the argument here. If Instagraph came out and worked seamlessly, very few would be concerned. The fact of the matter, unfortunately for the developers, is that it was released really buggy and feature incomplete. That is probably what rubs people the wrong way. Why hold out a far-from-perfect client on a pedestal, when tomorrow you might write a negative review about a broken game and hurt that developer and its sales?

So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important?
Heard of conflict of interest? It's actually a pretty big deal. I don't want to be reading a bunch of paid advertisements, I want to read the honest opinions of other human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)