What is wpcentral's relationship with Instagraph, why the extra attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say.... "I'm surprised this thread is still going", but then WPC would probably be accused of trying to cover up things.

The accusations never stop. I bought the app and I'm sure a lot of other folks did as well, whether they like or dislike the app. Interest!

In America, on ESPN, they cover the NFL, NBA and the MLB more than any other sport. Why is that? Because it's what lot of of Americans in the U.S. are interested in. You go to Spain or Brazil, it's soccer (aka futbol) that is being covered. They go where the interest is.

With the news, 90% (or more) of what is being covered is happy-go-lucky news. It's about negative or bad things that are happening. Why? Because it drives interest.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh yes, an update.
Eventually an update comes to everything in life I guess... We will be here to judge the date when that "update" arrives.

Just remember, oficial Instagram comes in May

Where is your source that Instagram is coming in May?

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, my sources are really of no interest.
Either way, it's 14 april today, may is really close. We will talk then.
My question is, when that day comes, and theres no update other than upload 5 or 10 pics a day, will they return ppls Money?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So what if they did get a coin or two? Why is that important? Seriously.
journalistic ethics in post-traditional media is actually a pretty big topic. in traditional journalism the ethics of accepting things from items you are reviewing is clear, however its not as clear in non-traditional media. as we move into more non-traditional media, this site being an example, its important to realize this as a reader to make sure that you are getting unbiased reporting.

but they very clearly said that they do not receive anything, so its not a big deal.

In America, on ESPN, they cover the NFL, NBA and the MLB more than any other sport. Why is that? Because it's what lot of of Americans in the U.S. are interested in. You go to Spain or Brazil, it's soccer (aka futbol) that is being covered. They go where the interest is.
actually its because ESPN has a multi-billion dollar interest in seeing it succeed. Another example of this is how they handle the SEC in college football since they have a multi-billion dollar deal to broadcast it and are heavily involved in ranking schools, they will always have SEC schools top ranked and in the championship game. ESPN does not have broadcast rights for NHL, so they never have news about hockey. ESPN is only about promoting ESPN products.

Pelle Lbergh

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, my sources are really of no interest.
Either way, it's 14 april today, may is really close. We will talk then.
My question is, when that day comes, and theres no update other than upload 5 or 10 pics a day, will they return ppls Money?

why would they do that? Tell me, plz.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
why would they do that? Tell me, plz.

Because ppl bought this "app" to support the developers, hoping to see the it evolve to a full fledged Instagram unofficial app.
In "case" the oficial app is released I dont see much point for this to continue to exist, let alone charge 2,49 for it. Expecting, as I am, that it won't go beyond the upload X pics a day for a long time, let alone to actuallybrowse, comment and so on and so forth, I feel to myself that they should return peoples money.
Not as a legal obligation ofc, more morally.

Ofc that if I'm proven wrong, and let's say, in 3 weeks they have it fully functional, this wouldnt apply. But by then the oficial will already be near release, and who would pay 2,49 then?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
WPC reports app news... Its that simple.

I think the big issues here is $2.49/ 2,49. If that is more than you can afford or more than you want to pay then don't buy it.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So the point of this sub forum is for the developer to respond to questions yet where are they, no other app has its own sub forum. Would like some questions answered.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So the point of this sub forum is for the developer to respond to questions yet where are they, no other app has its own sub forum. Would like some questions answered.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Exactly, many days have passed, yet, where are the devs answering?

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Garghas seriously what is your problem with WPC and Instagraph? Why the witchhunt?

Your theses that this only benefits IOS/Android is such bs I dont know what to say.
Its mindboggling why you are creating all this negativity about a feature/app that is so positive and important for the growth of WP.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Garghas seriously what is your problem with WPC and Instagraph? Why the witchhunt?

Your theses that this only benefits IOS/Android is such bs I dont know what to say.
Its mindboggling why you are creating all this negativity about a feature/app that is so positive and important for the growth of WP.

Dude, I dont even care about that anymore.
This f?rum was open to help people and answer questions, Im just asking where are they answering... Whats wrong with that

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing here. Seriously.

But I think it has something to do with the lack of instagram for the platform and the fact that this is a major break through for WP8.

I could just be wrong though.

Like many of you, I've also seen the comedy spoof video of instagram. I happen to agree with it. If it's this important to a smartphone community (of any phone) I despair of ever finding a smartphone manufacturer who DOESN'T make a device based on the feedback of a population full of "errrg lulz Facebook instagram camera megapicksulz errrg".

Looks like smart phones are going to end up in the same category as Walmart stores and McDonald's at this rate. The world's retail powerbase needs to move back across the Atlantic ASAP. And I say that as someone residing in NA

sent from the slow as hell connection hanging Tapatalk app

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
My opinion is that this thread has played itself out. I am going to close it. If anyone else wants to comment PM me and I will open the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss