So I went to log into my Geico App. And Bam! Message on top. That I can't log in. Geico is no longer supporting the Windows Phone App. Though Geico's app was horrible. Its still worse they even gave up instead of updating. More and more it makes it harder for me to want to stay with my WP. Unless Microsoft manages to pull some really nice tricks out of their hats, I might have to end up going back to Android for my next upgrade.
    04-14-2013 10:05 AM
    I got that update some time back, but saw it y'day only :-(
    04-14-2013 10:34 AM
    Yea it sucks bad enough having lack of apps but dropping support is worse. :/
    04-14-2013 12:07 PM
    They'll be back. There's been a plethora off apps and games released for WP in the past two weeks and several updates. I'm actually feeling a lot more optimistic about the future of apps on the platform than I think I ever have. I've no idea of when you're eligible for upgrade, but at the rate things are going, it's pretty likely that they'll have looked at the platform again with a team that's competent to deliver a quality app.
    James8561 likes this.
    04-14-2013 12:25 PM
    I guess your right Rico. Don't get me wrong I love my WP but at this point apps and convenience will make or break it for me. I still have another year to go. So I'll try and stay positive. Doesn't help I'm on a family plan with 7 other users. All of which I convinced to switch to WP. And a few starting to bug me about the lack of apps. Mostly official FB and Instagram. Which I personally could care less. But people do want it.
    04-14-2013 05:10 PM
    I use all three OSes and personally, don't get the live of apps, but understand the need. Out of curiosity, what apps are you missing? The only app I miss is Any.Do, a day planner on the other two that simplifies making todo lists and syncs between both.
    04-16-2013 01:44 AM
    I'm missing, Geico, TD Bank, and Instagram for the sake of my girl to stop complaining since I made her switch from Android.
    05-15-2013 08:26 PM
    I'm missing, Geico, TD Bank, and Instagram for the sake of my girl to stop complaining since I made her switch from Android.
    metrogram + instagraph=instagram works perfectly
    05-15-2013 11:06 PM
    Do they work together yet?
    05-15-2013 11:19 PM
    Doesn't help I'm on a family plan with 7 other users. All of which I convinced to switch to WP. And a few starting to bug me about the lack of apps. Mostly official FB and Instagram. Which I personally could care less. But people do want it.
    Ha, that's exactly why I don't try to convince anyone to switch from any OS to any OS. YOU, by default, become responsible for anything the user finds lacking.

But I have to ask: didn't you know at the time of switching your girl from Android that Instagram isn't available on WP? Or didn't you know that Instagram was such a big deal to her?
    iboypx likes this.
    05-15-2013 11:26 PM
    Ha, that's exactly why I don't try to convince anyone to switch from any OS to any OS. YOU, by default, become responsible for anything the user finds lacking.

But I have to ask: didn't you know at the time of switching your girl from Android that Instagram isn't available on WP? Or didn't you know that Instagram was such a big deal to her?
    Your right about that, but its also people like us that actually use the phone that needs to bring people over, more people more big name devs. It goes hand in hand. At least I cleared fb out of the nagging with the fb beta. They are all content. And,i knew it wasn't available. Didnt think it was a big deal to her. But luckily again. Got that kinda out of the way with Itsdagram well now Instance. Now she just wants it to be official and say Instagram. There's a few shortcomings on the app. But at least its another app checked off the list. :D
    06-01-2013 11:26 AM