Any decent news apps with a good live tile?

ruthietootie

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Nah, does not work well... I just spoke to the RT dev team, they tell me they are working on live tiles for the RT News app! Finally, real news on a live tile... I am using Breaking News at the moment until Weave is sorted, I got a tweet from them saying they are having server probs and are fixing it now so the live tile should work soon...

At least you seem to be able to use it to an extent. I don't even know what the app looks like other than the promo pics as it's not opening on my Lumia 820. Just sent them an email on the issue. Hopefully they'll respond and in a timely manner. Interestingly, I haven't seen anyone complaining about the app on their page in the wp store. App is getting some excellent reviews

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The BBC News Mobile is the only News app I've found that provides useful live tiles. Shame it's been removed though it still works on WP8 if you had it installed before.

Every other news app either just shows images (e.g. Weave, USA Today... seems a bit pointless, I want to see the headlines!!), a single headline (e.g. Nokia Reading, The Guardian [pixelated]) or the live tile doesn't work (e.g. Sky News).

Given live tiles being such a selling point of WP you'd think there'd be an abundance of News apps offering this feature!!

Jimmy Cooper

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if you havn't used the nokia reading then that's the best I have found. I wish Microsoft would make one similar to the news app on Windows 8, that ones awesome

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if you havn't used the nokia reading then that's the best I have found. I wish Microsoft would make one similar to the news app on Windows 8, that ones awesome
Is Nokia Reading a region-specific app? Can't find it in the store here in the US. Is it the same as the Nokia Xpress app?

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
On a slightly different note, can someone suggest a Note application that has a WIDE tile, which displays my notes etc? I've so far found medium tiles :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb