Audiobookster - An audiobook player with smart integration with SkyDrive

Peter Valtersson

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Error message: "Unable to add background transfer request. The application request limit has been reached"

The phone's background downloader can only queue up to 25 downloads per app. So if your book contains many files you may have to download them in batches of 20-25 tracks each time, continuing with the next batch when the previous has completed. I'm sorry for this, but it's a limitation that I cannot circumvent. However, I just came up with an idea for a new feature that I think I'll add in the next update; a counter that says how many more files you can select until the limit each reached.

dalogrus

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've sent you the email detailing my experiences with uploading books yesterday...
I sent it to the support address that is available within the app.
Regards
dalogrus

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems I can only add 1 file at a time. Or rather the first 4 files or so went ok but the first 3 were very small. As soon as i mark more than one "large" file (the files are aprox 1h and 30mb each) I get the same error message as before. I have now spent a long time download on at a time but this seems to work :)

Im on the Lumia 800 on WP7.8 if that makes any differense?

May I suggest features? :)
  • Is it possible to autoload a jpg in the audiobook folder to use as cover?
  • I wish to be able to jump back and forward a specific time, maybe 30 sec (or if it is changeble in settings)
  • Choose place in the book by touch and slide on the timeline if you know what I mean? Maybe a zoomed in timestamp apears then you touch the line?
  • I often listen to an audiobook when I go to sleep. So when I used a player on my previous iPhone I just took an screenshot and the next morning I knew aprox how long it took to fall a sleep and could jump to that time :) However screenshot is not possible in WP7.8 so at this time I have to use Onenote to and write it down. Needless to say that is a hassle. I dont supose its possible to ad a screenshot feature? Im guessing its not possible within the OS? Maybe add a button that marks the time and shows it on the corner or something similar? :)

Thanks for a good start

/Adam

Peter Valtersson

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your input, Adam.
Not being able to add more files to the download queue hints to me that files may be stuck in the download manager. As the download manager is a shared resource with the rest of the phone OS, I would suggest you restart your phone by turning it off and then on again. After the phone has booted up the again, the download manager is empty. Try downloading the files again after that.

• Is it possible to autoload a jpg in the audiobook folder to use as cover?
That works already, but you have to select it manually by entering the edit audiobook page and then click the "add cover" square near the top. At the next screen your cover image should appear for selection.

• I wish to be able to jump back and forward a specific time, maybe 30 sec (or if it is changeble in settings)
That's a feature I'm working on, so it will be available in the next update.

• Choose place in the book by touch and slide on the timeline if you know what I mean? Maybe a zoomed in timestamp apears then you touch the line?
I will take it into consideration. I've also been thinking about adding a second timeline that shows your progress in the current track. That would allow you to set the listening position with a bit more accuracy (in most books)

• I often listen to an audiobook when I go to sleep. So when I used a player on my previous iPhone I just took an screenshot and the next morning I knew aprox how long it took to fall a sleep and could jump to that time :) However screenshot is not possible in WP7.8 so at this time I have to use Onenote to and write it down. Needless to say that is a hassle. I dont supose its possible to ad a screenshot feature? Im guessing its not possible within the OS? Maybe add a button that marks the time and shows it on the corner or something similar? :)
I've already been sketching on a bookmark system that will automatically put bookmarks when you start listen and you keep listening for more than a minute or so. It would of course allow you to add your own bookmarks as well.

Adam Lindholm

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Sounds great with all the new features. Is it possible to skipp all the selecting of cover and just load the jpg by default?

I got another error when trying to load another audiobook. Its the same error when choosing offline files even though its only 9 files. After I have clicked ok for about 5 times it starts to sync, how do I know which files are synced or not?

When I try to play the book i get yet another error:

"Error!
An unknown error has occured.
(ErrorCode=image stream size bigger than
maximum allowed 76800
Parameter name: ImageStream)"

Any ideas?

BR Adam

severntribe

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
Have just purchased your app. Can i say one of the best audio book app for WP8.
However I have struck a problem and wondering if you or anyone can help.
Loaded the book OK from sky drive but when i tried to load the book to the phone the following error came up

An unknown error has occurred.
(Eror code = the system cannot find the file specified. (exception from HRESULT:0x80070002))

I switched off the ability to work off line and app works again.
Phone is a Nokia Lumia 620
Any ideas
Thanks Simon

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb